• 348 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2927 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Beaconer - Cake Wars New Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Swifx, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Ability to capture beacons faster, 1 block every 10 seconds, thoughts?

- Alterations can be made below, let me know of what you think!

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  2. To start off, 1 block every 10 seconds is a lot slower than the default. I don't know precisely what the speed is, but it takes 10 seconds or less to capture a beacon. This is just a number I'm throwing out, but 1.5 times faster could be roughly a good speed.

The kit wouldn't attract too many players due to the little effect it has on the game. Capturing beacons faster doesn't mean that the player on your tail won't capture it afterwards. Warrior and frosting are very useful in pvp, and builder assists the user in terms of bridging to beacons, suffocating people, and having wool for any emergency. The beaconer kit would not be so useful in the long run. Yes, you end up capturing the beacon, but it doesn't keep a player chasing you from immediately stealing it.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  3. Ah, good point! Maybe a stampede feature from champions / clans? Thoughts?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 16, 2019
  4. It would be cool to see a kit like this get added. But like @ppancake said, it needs to be faster. I’m pretty sure what you stated is actually slower than the normal time. I would agree with pancake on the 1.5 times faster or possibly even 2 times faster. But if this did become a kit, it is kind of useless. Sure, it does help you get beacons faster so you can get emeralds or nether stars, but there are so many other kits that people choose from to help them win the game. For example, the builder kit. It gives you blocks and a platform you can place to rush people or protect the cake. I would say to have more to this kit if it were to be added though.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  5. helllloooooooo!

I really like the idea of this kit! Being able to capture beacons in Cake Wars is what will either make or break your team, and I think that this could provide the game with some more balance in terms of the kits that are available. Currently, Frosting dominates in the PvP aspect of the game. If this kit were to be brought in, I think it would dominate in the beacon-capturing part of the game, making it a competition to Frosting and make players chose which they would like to use. At the end of the game when every second counts when getting those beacons as soon as possible, this kit would be what everyone wishes they were using.

However, I think that there needs to be some major changes to the kit in order to make it playable. Giving one block of a beacon every 10 seconds would be painfully slow. People using Frosting are able to capture beacons faster than this, so I feel that it is somewhat anti-climatic. In order to fix this, I completely agree with what several people stated above: the speed needs to be increased to at least 1.5x the normal rate. This would be the only possible way to make the kit playable.

I have a few questions about the kit, too. Currently, when two people are on the beacon, the speed is increased by twice the rate. If one player was to use Frosting and another Beaconer, would the speeds also double and allow it to be captured at 2.5x the normal rate? If three Beaconers got together to go rush and capture, would the speed be increased to 4.5x the normal rate? I'd like for there to be a cap on this bonus, as eventually it gets almost out of hand and provides one team too much of a bonus over the others.

Overall, I really like the idea, but would like to see the speed be increased drastically! +1

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  6. I feel like 3 would be a good capturing rate, as the wool gathering rate should be more, correct- as others suggest more the foundation for this kit could be created successfully, is what I believe.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 17, 2019
  7. The default is 10 seconds. Believe me, I count.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  8. Hello there!
    As others have stated, I do see potential in the idea you have given, but I believe that more would need to be added to it to make it appeal to a large range of the playerbase. The speed of the beacon capturing would need to increase, as others have mentioned, and I feel that only having the ability to capture beacons faster would not quite suit players or give them much profit compared to other kits out there. I do appreciate you taking the time to submit this, but it's going to have to be a -1 from me for now. Have a good day! :)

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  9. The idea of this kit sounds pretty interesting. From different viewpoints, the kit has little to no benefits or advantages compared to other kits. For one, this kit would have no affect on PvP whereas you have the other kits that geared towards PvP benefits. My second thought is that it may not seem at all like a benefit but depending on the how much faster the kit captures beacons, it can actually impact the game a bit. For one, teams could use this kit to capture mid and the side beacons and get back to their base faster, allowing them to gather resources while other teams try and gather beacons. This wouldn’t be much of an issue but since this kit allows you to capture beacons faster, you can do all of the steps above much faster, making it possible for teams to get quite a bit of materials, armour, etc. Not much of a fan of this since that would be the only benefit for this particular kit, capturing beacons faster. And when you have a kit like Builder, it has multiple purposes such as bridging out to mid or other islands or using your platforms to suffocate other players. Overall, I don’t think adding another kit in Cake Wars is that necessary, and with the little benefits this kit has, I don’t think it’s balanced enough to go against other kits.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    jxcb likes this.
  10. I think it’s a nice idea, but I kind of feel like its purpose is pretty limited.
    Usually you’re able to capture beacons after you kill opposing players trying to capture the same beacon at the same time as you (since you won’t be able to capture a beacon if you’re trying to PvP with someone). After you kill them, at that point, the time doesn’t really matter. You’ll be able to capture the beacon pretty easily since it’ll be a while before the team/player you killed can get back to the beacon they were trying to capture.

I think the main advantage this would have is at the beginning when most of the teams are trying to rush middle quickly. It would help your team get nether stars quicker, but after that main initial rush it kind of loses its purpose in my opinion.

The other kits can be used throughout the game and provide multiple advantages/strategies for the player unlike this kit.
    Nice idea, but -1 overall.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  11. Hey there!
    Cake Wars is definitely one of the most popular game options here and Mineplex and new kit options are always interesting to read. Kits all over Mineplex really shape up the game and in some ways even improve it. Your idea suggested is something I think some players would rather see change and that would be the time in which beacon captures take place. Although your idea seems pretty straightforward and interesting, I don't really think it's necessary to really include a kit that only speeds up the process in which capturing takes place.

Most of the kits the game currently houses maintain some sort of connection to the game's mechanics. Whether it's trying to knock people off, building across the void or etc. it manages to set a theme that corresponds with the rest of the game. I think by adding a kit that simply captures beacons faster may not be the best addition to our current lineup but I definitely see how it can help teams out. Having one player with this ability could really help speed up the game process but I don't think it's necessary and doesn't really fit in well.

Honestly speaking, it is a pretty interesting kit to think of and how it would fit in game. The kit really gives opportunity for players to really divide and conquer when done right and it could really work out in a more competitve setting. I just feel as though this kit strays away a little the game's popular choices and so I'd say that it would be nice to see but I don't think it would be the best addition.

Overall I have to say I really did enjoy reading your pretty straightforward idea and I actually don't know where my final opinion lies. I'd just have to say it is a very creative and unique approach to the game and it would definitely speed it up and introduce some new challenges but I also think that it isn't really necessary. [​IMG]

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  12. I like the idea of a beaconer kit, but I'm thinking if it is 5,000 gems to purchase the kit it should be more powerful than just faster beacon capturing. For example: If you fight someone on a beacon, maybe you get more strength, and if you leave the beacon, the strength wears off in 5 seconds.

It is a nice idea, but the cost of the kit will depend on if it should be added or not.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  13. Heyo,

I'll be denying this idea for now as that perk alone would be too underwhelming to become it's own kit, however it may be combined with other perks in the future for a new kit. Thanks for suggesting your idea!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.