• 576 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9014 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Be able to choose which site you want...

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by paow, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I thought about this yesterday
    They should add that if you want to have the old mineplex site instead of the new one.
    At the bottom of the front page it should say "Switch to Mineplex Original Page" or something like that
    My opinion the new page is a big miss for me, and I wanna be able to choose between the old one and this one.

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  2. I cannot determine if you want to be able to continue using the old site as a forum, or if you just want it for archival purposes. But if it's the former of the two, unfortunately I do not think that the Mineplex team will be going back on their decision to switch to XenForo. XenForo is something I've been pushing for since 2016, and with it finally being here I'm glad I am seeing their interpretation of a custom forum coming to life. XenForo provides a much better end-user experience, with faster loading times (of course, it will get slower over time, but by then Mineplex would have figured out how to fix performance issues), jQuery allowing posts and things of that nature to be loaded dynamically, and the most important thing, post replies showing up without having to refresh the page (since Enjin's CDN took forever to load and the page was already heavy to begin with). Of course, Mineplex will do their best to make sure that the end-result from Enjin is seamless as possible, but right now just keep giving feedback and I'm sure they'll address any particular questions or concerns you have.

Posted Nov 9, 2018
    Sophie_OGrady and skreb like this.
  3. Hey @paow ,

The old forms have been archived and will not be coming back nor will there be an option to switch between the two as that would split the forumers and subsequently all feedback, something we do not want. If you have a problem with the new website or want to constructively give feedback/suggest improvements, I suggest going over HERE as doing such.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 9, 2018
    z609 likes this.
  4. You realize this website is on a completely different forums platform, right?

Posted Nov 10, 2018
  5. I think this thread should be locked at this point as the thread has been answered multiple times.

Posted Nov 10, 2018
  6. Hey!

Like already stated, the enjin forums has been archived and won't be coming back. This new site was made to get rid of the old site. There would be no point of leaving the old Mineplex forums open for people to go back to. Xenforo version is just way better in my opinion because you could do way more, unlike enjin where you were really limited.

Posted Nov 10, 2018
  7. The current site is not an Enjin theme that you can turn on and off. This is a new site that is run off of Xenforo. Default Xenforo 1.5.X looks about like this: https://i.imgur.com/VlqwWAa.jpg
    None of the Enjin data was transferred here since Enjin doesn't allow for such a possibility, and the old Enjin site with the old enjin theme remain on enjin at enjin.mineplex.com which you cannot access the forum on (intentionally, since we want discussion to take place on this site). So there's no possibility for you to use that site or theme in the near future.

However, we're open to feedback as far as the new site is concerned. As we've heard from most community members since the launch of the new site, they are fine with the current design and layout. If you've grown used to the Enjin theme I suggest you give this some time to get used to before saying it's bad because it's so much different from Enjin as I can understand major change being surprising and inconvenient.
    But if deemed necessary, we have the ability to change almost anything about it. Hell, it'd be easily possible to make an enjin ripoff theme... except enjin doesn't really look good enough to warrant that time spending in my opinion.

I'd also like to throw it out there that we're still in beta with the site and have had some delays on feature additions. This means you'll still see changes to some notable areas of the site such as the profile system to be more social like you've had on Enjin. We'll also see about adding a "dark mode" theme for the site eventually which you will be able to choose over the current "light" theme in your preferences.

But yeah, feel free to give us your suggestions on improving the current site, though keep in mind they have to be within reason.

Posted Nov 10, 2018
    pzazz, Crash, z609 and 1 other person like this.
  8. But is there a chance we could be able to access it in the future, even if the forums are locked? It's a major inconvenience for Ideas Team and others when we need to access old ideas suggested to refer back to them, or threads we ourselves have posted that we hope to have further discussion on by reposting them to xenforo

Posted Nov 10, 2018
    pzazz and Crash like this.
  9. It's possible but ultimately up to the admin team.

Posted Nov 10, 2018
    Crash likes this.
  10. That's disappointing. I hope we can decide on a reliable solution then

Posted Nov 10, 2018
    Crash likes this.
  11. As he said, XenForo is way more complex than Enjin and there is no cross-platform compatibility. Most should be in favor of this change. Just be grateful its not XenForo 2 geez.

Posted Nov 18, 2018
    z609 likes this.