• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Basically a late introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BasicT, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Alright so hello

A quick introduction about me, my name is BasicT and I am a trumpeter, cellist, along with being map tester here on Mineplex (#FishBatch2019!), Cross country, Track & Field runner. I enjoy socializing and conversing ideas throughout the community here in Mineplex along with of course, you guess it, testing maps.

My Journey

If you are a long time member here on Mineplex, you may remember a group called “The Derp Clan” that was a clan that played OITQ and prided itself within the game of their excellent skill with the game. They would go around having their names end with “The Jerk” so example, the head leader was BerkTheJerk (this could ring a bell for others) Now, my brother and I, sharing the account thought it was a cool thing people did for fun and changed our name from eggspert678 to EggTheJerk although we weren’t part of the clan. To our surprise, people noticed us and told the clan members which resulted in us being called a “fan boy” throughout the OITQ community.

Keep in mind, the age requirement was 13 and we happened to be in elementary school but we really really wanted to be the in clan. We however, didn’t enjoy being a fan boy so what we did was change our name to Waffle107. But others searched us up on NameMC and the chaos still didn’t stop honestly. I’m still to this day, not sure what even happened after that, but I remember that my brother had got his own account and I kept the one I have to this day and changed my name to something new: hqppiness.

Now, this name change actually gave me happiness because I had gotten my new Nintendo account thing so I was super excited to take over on that and it was really cool to be able to play alongside my brother in PvP games as well.
    Like every name, however, it got a little boring for me so I changed to something else that was revolutionary: Eggx_

At this point, I was pretty known around the champions community as one of those kids that plays for fun. Everything was super chill and I slowly started to understand what was going on around the community and how it functions. I kept playing and playing until I started getting bored of Mineplex and just...quit
    I had moved on as Minecraft and Mineplex alone was kinda declining and wasn’t as fun as it used to be for me.

However, after some thinking, I decided to return to the community with baby steps and maybe achieve something that I actually thought I wanted, which was the trainee “rank.”

So when I returned, the first thing I did was go on the forums and try to get some attention through that platform. Fun fact, if you look at some of my old enjin wall post, you can see that I was constantly trying and trying to seek attention that I thought would boost my chances. One of the first people I had met was @nolawn after he became event assistance. There were many others I had met like @zoly that were clearly way out of my league but I still stuck and tagged along with them simply because I thought I was cool doing so.

It wasn’t long until we had switched to XenForo and I had acquired the name BasicT that stuck with me to this day. My name was inspired of SamitoD as in my opinion, is a super cool dude that made some pretty sick videos. Anyway, since it was a new platform, I decided to use this as my starting point to start branching out into the community where I started to meet people I never thought I would ever meet.

I applied for Trainee a couple of times and of course got denied but only bettered me and kept me thinking on if I should really be taking this path in the community or if it’s really for me.

Since it was my first time ever aspiring a volunteer position for real, I was looking for ways of guidance that would help shift me into a greater person. And that is when I was introduced to the Community Mentoring Program. I ended up staying for quite a long time but however resigned and reinstated and resigned again then reinstated due to mood swings and stages I was in at certain times.

Little bits of time had passed and I was starting to really question who I really want to start doing with myself at this time that would really make me happy.

About a little while after I reinstated my final time, I sent my third application to become a Map Tester and I was glad that it would be my last in awhile because I was accepted onto the team on December 12th, 2019 where I had the time of my life.

The team gave me such a warm welcome and when applications open again, I really really recommend to join map testing (or QAT because they also test stuff) because the testing experience is nothing before (they literally shape people :flushed:)

And that’s the end of my journey on Mineplex so far folks <o/

Things I do

Artist
    Cellist
    Trumpeter
    Map tester
    Gamer
    Being Extremely Extra
    Talking

Sorry for grammatical errors, I typed this on my phone <3

Posted Feb 10, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 11, 2020
    M4RK7000, WowCaleb, Im_Ken and 4 others like this.
  2. Ayy, glad to see how far you've come. I still remember the first time we've met, and you're one of the community members I've known for a while now, at least since my journey started as well. Anyway, nice introduction <3

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  3. Nice to hear about you! I feel so happy to have met you as you've honestly been a great friend and supported me during times when I needed it the most. <3

You're also my MTT batchie which gives you bonus points.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  4. Heyo!
    I saw this earlier, but didn't get a chance to reply to it. It's awesome to get to know more about you. I'm very glad to have met you, you're very helpful and supportive. If you ever need anything, I'm here for you.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  5. I've seen you 'round the server before.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  6. Hello BasicT! Outside of Mineplex, I am an AA ice hockey player and a YouTuber, guitarist, and enjoy reading. I was on MTT before and can confirm that it is a great sub-team! Good luck if you ever decide to apply for the Ideas Team! I was on IT in the past too and cherished my stint while it lasted before resigning.

I also used to share an account before but with a close friend who introduced me to Mineplex. We mainly played Mixed Arcade for a month and I purchased my own Minecraft account in August of 2016.

My IGN was also changed many times in 2018 to variations of MrDrProfessor but _Prof_ is what I decided to settle with.

Best of wishes on achieving trainee if you ever reapply!

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    Fallen™ and BasicT like this.