• 2076 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10514 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Baritone Bots

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Yato, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a suggestion Mineplex uses the "AI Baritone bots" as NPCs. Like Overwatch's fight against AI. This could allow games that have a low player count to still work.
    A lot of Mineplex games have to few players to start.

I'm not a coder, so I don't know if this is worth the resources and time it would take.

Thanks for reading,

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  2. I'm not too familiar with "AI Baritone bots," but if I understand your suggestion properly, you want to fill games with NPC bots when there are not enough players to have the game start.

I strongly disagree with this for several reasons. First of all, the difficulty level of playing against bots is not even comparable to competing with other players, and this would essentially lead to players easily winning and boosting their stats/gems/EXP/shards/etc. Secondly, I'm no programmer, but I am quite certain that it would be logistically and financially quite impossible for Mineplex to create and host a large number of bot accounts.

I appreciate your effort to find solutions for games with a low player base. However, this idea, if it was even logistically possible for Mineplex, would create a crazy amount of problems, and I believe may even ruin the playing experience for many players. -1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  3. What you are saying about skill level makes sense.
    What would host the bots would be NPCs (Purchasing accounts would be crazy)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
  4. What’s poppin!

Honestly I would have to disagree with this idea as it would be extremely difficult to accomplish. Let’s think about all the abilities these AI would need to have in order to create a real challenge to other players. The ability to jump, place blocks, pvp, use skills, and a lot more factors. There’s also the decision on the difficulty settings for these bots. Then there would be the cost for Developers to spend most of their resources on these AI bots and since I know it would be extremely hard most of the dev’s would have to focus all there time on this thus reducing time on fixing bugs, implementing new features, and etc.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  5. I appreciate your idea for this, however it would be almost impossible to make it work. As January said, to match the skills of a highly skilled player, I don't think a bot could be of enough challenge and fun to someone. I myself am familiar with a lot of the games, and I already find some games don't challenge me enough etc. I just have to hope to find other players who are of a similar ability as to what I am. I personally don't think these bots are going to help make game starts, but instead make them too easy or too hard for some players. On that point - how would someone who is new to the game going to fight one of these bots? Will it be of similar ability or will they feel stressed to fight an AI? This means that the skilled players will find the bots too easy, and could easily join EU mineplex and grind wins and achievements using these bots.

Overall, I think it's a nice idea, but I strongly disagree, not to mention I'm sure it won't be added in.

-4G0

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  6. I guess it probably won't work for MC. Well, thanks for the feedback.

~Thread Locked
    ~due to concerns being addressed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.