• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5308 Players Online
  • 5308 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Barbarian Kit v1.1

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Sep 1, 2020.

?

What do you think of this Barbarian Kit?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2020.
  1. Great!

25.0%
  2. Good.

75.0%
  3. Bad and I'll explain why or this vote means nothing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey,

This is the updated version of my previous Barbarian Kit idea so onto the changes!

Barbarian v1.1

Passive: Cleave (Nerf)
    - When you attack an enemy, all enemies within 3 blocks of the enemy and you take 50% of the damage the initial player took.
    Passive: Crisis (Alternative Replacement for Cleave)
    - For every 1 half-heart you're missing, you're overall damage is increased slightly by +0.05.

Ability:
    Blade Vortex (Nerf)
    - Right-click your sword/axe to pull all nearby enemies within 4 blocks towards you dealing 1-4 damage. Damage is greater the closer the enemy is to you when you activate the ability. 15s cooldown.

Kill Effect:
    Cannibalism (New)
    - Getting a kill fully replenishes your hunger and saturation.

I hope I explained my Cleave nerf well enough. The main purpose of the Cleave rework is to prevent players behind the cleaved player to take damage essentially making the barbarian have 6 block reach which is illogical in the game. By balancing Cleave's range and damage, the skill will be balanced at last! As for Blade Vortex, the skill is overwhelmingly good pulling enemies 5 blocks away which is too strong but to make up for it a little I boosted the damage. The Kill Effect is just to end the kit on a good note. If you have concerns or comments make sure to leave them below.

Barbarian
    Strengths: Run prevention, disorientation, and team fights.
    Weaknesses: Blade Vortex can be the cause of your death if you used improperly and the cooldown is rather high.

Posted Sep 1, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 2, 2020
  2. Cleave still seems busted with this revision. Three blocks is a lot. I think it should be something like 1.5-2 block radius of the player that you hit takes 50-75% of the damage dealt. Blade vortex doesn’t need to deal any damage in my opinion, it already lets you get a free hit on your opponent.

Posted Sep 2, 2020
  3. Its already 3 blocks currently. The range is fine now because you can't get hit from over 3+ blocks which was a huge issue. To be more specific, the main issue with Cleave was that if you were anywhere near your ally you would take damage from them. I don't mind 3 block range and I think that's okay, but limiting Cleave's range to 3 blocks around the user is what will at last balance the skill for the better.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 2, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 2, 2020
  4. I dont think Blade Vortex needs damage. Reducing the range might be fine? I dont think much compensation is needed on that

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  5. The range is going to be nerfed from 5→4 blocks and Blade Vortex is actually supposed to deal damage but due to a bug it doesn't work correctly. Occasionally Blade Vortex deals 1 or 2 damage which is why sometimes you'll get a kill off of it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  6. Again, I don't think there's really a reason for Blade Vortex to do damage, doesn't seem necessary to me. If you are wanting to nerf the kit, I think making sure it deals damage would be a bigger buff then the range, leading to that aspect of the kit being buffed instead of nerfed

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  7. I may be wrong but as previously stated due to a bug Blade Vortex doesn't deal damage correctly. I'm saying that it should deal damage because I believe that it's intended to. The skill is still technically being nerfed, but will actually be balanced because the bug that made the skill worse will have been fixed.

As for what you say, Blade Vortex dealing damage is a whole other discussion to talk about if necessary.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 6, 2020
  8. Blade vortex doesn’t need to deal damage, if you use it on someone you already get at least 1 free sword hit.

Posted Sep 6, 2020