• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5218 Players Online
  • 5218 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Barbarian Kit Rework

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Aug 26, 2020.

?

What do you think of the rework idea?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2020.
  1. Great idea and it's well-balanced.

16.7%
  2. Great idea but it's going to need tweaks/balances.

66.7%
  3. Not interested in the idea.

16.7%
  1. Hey,

Just to clarify, I'm keeping Blade Vortex but everything else goes. I've seen a lot of hate on the passive Cleave because it absolutely ruins Team Fights since you're basically able to 2v1 your enemies. The following will be my version of a Barbarian Kit.

Barbarian Definition: An uncivilized human.

Barbarian
    - Grants the passive Crisis. The less health you have, the more damage you will deal. Every 1 hp you're missing equates to +0.02 damage. If you do the math, you will have a +0.48 damage bonus is you're at 1 hp (Half a heart). Numbers can be adjusted,
    - Grants the ability Blade Vortex. Enemies within 4 blocks of you are pulled towards you taking 1-5 damage. 15 second cooldown. This skill is basically Whirlwind Axe in Champions. Champions is changing this skill so the closer you are to the player using Blade Vortex, the more damage you'll take.
    - Grants the kill effect Cannablism. Getting a kill replenishes your hunger giving you full saturation and full hunger bars. New addition to the kit, I believe this will end the kit on a positive note.

Give me feedback on this rework! Do you think the above is too overpowered? Do you believe it's just right? I'll respond to you messgaes as soon as I see them! If you vote "Not interested in the idea" tell me why or your vote will be disregarded.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  2. I personally love the idea of removing cleave as it's quite tricky to PvP against barbarians in teams, considering you take 75% of the damage per swing without them actually hitting you. I think if cleave was either nerfed to do less damage, mandated you to be within a specific range of your teammate (to prevent cleave when you're behind your opponent and your teammate is in front of them [confused for hacking//KA by players unaware of cleave ability]), or some other fixes to cleave, then cleave wouldn't be as much of a hassle to deal with AND it would reduce frustration from players when dealing with Barbarians. I'd be okay with removing cleave entirely considering barbarian is already a fan favorite and quite simply overpowered in the hands of a good player, as well as it would bring some love to the other classes that aren't as commonly used by players. However, I also understand the frustration some players would have should the class receive a rework like the one listed above. I love the idea for the rework, but I'm not sure how it would fair in actual application to the game.

Another great SG idea though. I love reading through these and I'd love to see what you can come up with next :) keep up the great work :thumb:

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  3. I had an altnernative idea for Barbarian which is a lot more simpler than the rework I came up with.

Cleave
    - Enemies within 4 blocks of you and 3 blocks within the enemy you hit take 25-50% damage and knockback.
    - While above 10 hp you deal 25% damage with cleave. When you are under 10hp, that number rises to 50%.
    - Your cleave damage increases to 50-100% damage 5s after your teammate dies.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2020
  4. Crisis seems useless, it’s such a minuscule amount of damage we’re talking about. It’s the difference between an iron sword and a sharp 1 stone. A quarter heart. Not useful.

While cleave is clearly busted right now, that doesn’t mean it should be entirely scrapped. Why not nerf it to make it work within only 2 blocks of the player? Blade vortex is equally as annoying, but that doesn’t mean it should be removed either, for example.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  5. Crisis seems useless? Numbers can always change. Why remove Cleave and implement Crisis? Cleave doesn't have to be removed Crisis is just an alternate passive I thought up.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2020
  6. Make Crisis add an extra half heart per 3 hearts lost. At one heart you deal 3 extra damage. That sounds more reasonable to me with your original suggestion. Still a bit powerful though.

Posted Aug 29, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 29, 2020
  7. That's broken because you shouldn't get that high of a benefit for trading with your opponent.

OP OP
  8. Then what numbers would you suggest? A quarter heart at 1 hp certainly isn’t going to help.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  9. I'm tweaking Crisis.
    Crisis
    - When below half health, deal 0.5 extra damage to enemies.
    A slightly worse version of Knight's Iron Clad but since it increases your damage instead that's okay. This should settle things.

OP OP
  10. By 0.5, are you talking an actual 0.5 damage or do you mean half a heart? One damage is half a heart. Half a damage is a quarter heart, which isn’t even visible.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  11. 0.5 damage is a quarter heart. 1 damage is a half heart. So yes, I mean that when you're below half health, your damage is increased by +0.5.

OP OP
  12. And you say that isn't visible? Why does that matter? It's still pretty effective. If you and your opponent trade 5 times and 2 of those hits were when you were under half hp, then you would've dealt +1 damage along the way during the fight putting you at an advantage.

OP OP
  13. Seems too low to be useful. It might as well not exist.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  14. I'm still settling between 0.5-0.75. You can think what you want but anything greater and it's going to get unbalanced.

OP OP
  15. I don’t think it’s a good enough passive to replace cleave with those stats. I like the idea of cannibalism, though. But I’m not sure how useful it will be since food is plentiful in sg.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  16. Yo!

As a SG player myself, I would say that Barbarian is quite powerful and I think it should be nerfed just a bit. The addition of cleave makes Barbarian very powerful, and can make 2v1's seem easier than before. I am fine with the main ability of the kit, Blade Vortex, as it enables you to pull players closer to you, but I disagree with the cleave ability with it. I think their definitely needs to be a nerf with cleave, as it would make the gameplay for SG games much more fun.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Posted Aug 29, 2020