• 4010 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11834 Players Online
  • 7824 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Band or Orchestra?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tk427, Feb 19, 2020.

?

Band or Orchestra

1. Band

40.9%
  2. Orchestra

59.1%
  1. To solve the musical question what is better. Band or Orchestra

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  2. In Middle School, I used to play Clarinet for the Band but now I have joined theatre so my answer is c) theater.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    Codename_S, Fallen™ and tk427 like this.
  3. Well, orchestra typically refers to a music group with a section of bowed instruments such as the violin, cellos, double bass, etc and bands outside of the pop culture refer to an ensemble of wind instruments and a percussion section, with or without a string bass. I personally love both genres; I love listening to classical music and pop music, it really depends on my mood, but I guess I call a group of musical instruments depending on what genre it is. If it's a classical piece, It would be an orchestra and if it was a pop song/school group, I'd call it a band.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    KingCalvin1 and tk427 like this.
  4. I was in band for 4 years during middle school and elementary school. I quit so I could focus on other things, but I still had a great time doing it. Some of the songs sounded pretty good as well.

But hearing my high school’s orchestra, I honestly think I enjoy their music better now. Don’t get me wrong, band is still great and the music is lovely, but I think I enjoy listening to orchestra more.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    tk427 likes this.
  5. Overall, I'd have to choose band. I played band for two years which was alright - not the best experience. I had fun making friends and getting to know people in band. I also like the music that band instruments produce more than orchestra instruments. I had a lot of cool band experiences so it's my pick over orchestra, although, I wouldn't mind playing an instrument from orchestra in the future.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Damiennn, xGetRektedx and tk427 like this.
  6. Hello!

Where to start... I have been playing the viola for several years now, but you're probably asking what that is. You might be asking did you mean the violin? No. I play the viola not the violin look up the differences, haha. So my answer is obviously orchestra; however, to me, I feel like this question is not fair. Yes, I was one of those people who always debated that orchestra was better even though no one was on my side since band was seen as “more popular.” Anyways, the point to why it is unfair to answer this question is because many major Symphonies, Philharmonics, and/or other orchestras all have full sections with both string instruments, winds, brass, etc. So both orchestra and bands end up in the same orchestra, in the end. But if you want to get technical, a full orchestra, with both band and string instruments, is called a full orchestra not a full band. So I mean orchestra is obviously seen over band in my point of view.

Posted Feb 21, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2020
    tk427 likes this.
  7. I play in the Rock band at school, so I'd have to go with band!

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    tk427 likes this.
  8. Orchestra and classical music forever

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    tk427 likes this.
  9. Yes, Choconne.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  10. I've chosen band as my choice because I'm usually used to hearing my school band play, and they're amazing. The band students at my high school are really talented and play their instruments really well. When football season was going on, the band would always play during halftime, and it sounded amazing.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Damiennn likes this.
  11. My school doesn’t have an Orchestra, so I only played in a band. So I’m bias

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  12. I choose orchestra. Because I play piano, I get to play piano concertos and trios in the orchestra and it was pretty tough; we all have to be prepared, and one should not be left behind! Also, it's more fun for multiple distinct voices in the orchestra.

Posted Mar 10, 2020
  13. Orchestra for me. I've been playing cello since I was in 4th grade and have stuck with it.

Posted Mar 10, 2020
  14. For me I would say Orchestra. I used to play the Flute and Clarinet of the Woodwind family back in the 5th grade, and it was pretty cool, to be honest. Sometimes the notes we played were extremely tough, so we had to study the night before to practice for tomorrow. An orchestra is an ensemble of musicians, and the instrumentalists do stage performances beforehand, but on the other hand, a band is a smaller group of performers without string instruments used. Bands typically play louder, and orchestra tends to be a bit softer, and yes, they have many different styles as well - for both, but Orchestra's the way to go for me.

Posted Mar 11, 2020
    tk427 likes this.