• 961 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6763 Players Online
  • 5802 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Balancing Gem Rewards

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by CatFan105, May 16, 2021.

1. I have been continually disappointed by gem rewards for winning. You can be the best person in the server and accomplish literally everything, and you will get 1 gem more than for participation. Every game disappoints me in this way besides 1: Master Builders. Since this is about balancing, ill include that too.
    Here are notable differences in rewarding that I would like Implemented:
    (Note:this is just a model, if this is implimented these will likely be changed for balancing reasons.)
    (Note: this is adding onto the +10 for participating.)

CAKE WARS

+1 gem for every 3 kills
    +2 gems for every elimination
    +3 gems for every cake eaten
    +5 gems for making it to cake rot
    +5 gems for winning

TURF WARS

+1 gem for every 5 kills
    +2 gems for dying less than 5 times
    +1 gem for every 5 minutes survived
    +5 gems for winning

MICRO BATTLES

+1 gem for every kill assist
    +3 gems for dealing all damage in a kill
    +1 gem for every 2 minutes survived
    +5 gems for winning

SKYWARS

+1 gem for every kill
    +1 gem for every 3 minutes survived
    +3 gems for surviving until island decay
    +5 gems for winning

BLOCK HUNT

(Hunter)
    +1 gem for every kill
    +10 gems for winning

(Hider)
    +3 gems for every kill
    +1 gem for every 3 minutes survived
    +5 gems for winning

DRAGONS

+1 gem for every minute survived
    +1 gem for not being last
    +3 gems for 3rd place
    +4 gems for second place
    +5 gems for winning

MASTER BUILDERS

+1 gem for every 50 blocks placed
    For each vote:
    My eyes are burning:-2 gems from votes
    Meh: -1 gem from votes
    Its okay:0 gems
    Good:+1 gem
    Amazing:+2 gems
    Awesome:+3 gems
    +5 gems for 3rd place
    +10 gems for second place
    +15 gems for 1st place

Thank you for reading this entire post full of statistics and math. As a reward, have a
    :potato:Tato

Additionally, I dont just want an opinion or a thread lock. I would like discussion of why/why not you like these ideas and what you agree/disagree with.

Posted May 16, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  2. If you have any other additions to make, just comment them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2021
  3. If you made this thread like at least 1 year ago I could understand. Gems are literally so useless though lmao. Yeah buy all the kits which don't cost too much gems, then what? I have 1.35m gems that I can't use. You used to be able to buy missions using gems which gave shard rewards. Missions would vary in difficulty and I still have 2 that I can't complete. One has been glitched since 2018 and the other is mixed arcade related lol. But yeah, my point is that gems are useless. In the thread talking about future updates for bedrock and stuff it mentions level rewards, which include gems, lots of gems. So don't worry, if you're really keen to have gems for absolutely no reason then you'll be getting loads soon. I know you didn't ask for an opinion, but I'm just stating a fact :). Make this thread for shards instead of gems.

Posted May 17, 2021
  4. I agree, gems rn are useless but why not add uses to them? In the summer update that prob wont happen, but we can hope so, this is such a minor thing to add, as gems are already added in game completion so changing this is easy on a code side of things, 30-1 hour id say and adding things for them to do? Re-add missions, they need to do something anyway. Perfect time to re-add mixed arcade, as it would have lots of missions. Add more kits for all those games, even more to go. Allow crates to be bought with gems, make a new crate. Make a rank that is bought with gems, use gems to add more levels on top of 100. The options are limitless, and can add so many more things to do.

Posted May 17, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  5. Adding onto this: im sure we could use gems as a way to purchase amplifiers for more shards. Or maybe there could be crates that required gems, or something like that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2021
  6. Yes! thats a great idea! Speaking of amplifier, i got one when i got lord rank years ago and never used it, when i try to for cakewars it asks if i want to use my 2x amp and i say yes and it takes me to the store to buy one, anyone know how to get my amp back lol?

Posted May 17, 2021
  7. I wouldn't know, I dont have nice stuff. MAybe you can try rechecked it

OP OP
  8. alright

Posted May 17, 2021
  9. Forgot to mention, these would also apply to shards because I think you get shards 'for earning 15 gems'. That would parallel each other.

OP OP
  10. That sounds good, another way to get shards.

Posted May 18, 2021