• 477 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5726 Players Online
  • 5249 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Balance suggestion

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by KalleTheDude, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Hiya, I'll sum up some of my ideas below and justify the reasoning afterwards:

1. Axe skill activation
    - makes you visible for 5 seconds

2. Axe skill activation
    - a lot longer cooldown
    - OR won't make you immortal

3. Bow
    - reduce knock-back on both parties

4. Bow
    - remove endless vine
    - arrows resupply with 1s delay and has max of 5 units per time

5. TNT
    - reduce resupply's delay to 10 seconds
    - OR increase max amount to 3 units per time

6. Radar effect
    - make Hider visible when you get next to a Hider

7. Hiders
    - make them actually visible if they are moving. Especially the blocks keep glitching if you run.

8. Hunters
    - if they crouch, remove the visibility of their name to allow some sniping and suprises

9. Map duration
    - increase to 10 minutes per match
    - increase rewards accordingly

10. Bats
    - yes, bats. During last 1 minute of the game, summon bats frequently around the maps. So that they won't damage anyone but they would push the Hiders a little and possibly make things more interesting

BONUS:

(EDIT: MAYBE NOT THIS ORIGINAL BONUS SUGGESTION DUE TO THE ABILITY TO DESTROY HIDING PLACES' ENTRANCES

11. Hider TNT
    - When a hider succeeds in killing a Hunter, they will be rewarded with 1 unit of TNT [max 2 units per time]. This will make them more savage yet pinpoint their location to Hunters.)

11. Hider Zombie Egg
    - because why not? When a hider succeeds in killing 2 Hunters, they will be rewarded with 1 unit of Zombie Egg (max 1 units per time). This will give them a small leverage/bodyguard yet pinpoint their location to Hunters.
    - Zombie power should be very small. Mostly a tactical nuisance to allow Hider's retreat in a more difficult Hider's game-play ("more difficult" because obviously all of these suggestions of mine will be approved :D)

‐-----------------

Reasoning:

- Playing as a Hider is insanely boring. You can literally just run to hunter spawn and spam Hyper Axe killing everyone. Easy to do 50+ kills in a match as a Hider. Same goes for sniping with a bow from some high ground as a chicken

- Currently, no one wants to be a Hunter. If player gets chosen as a Hunter in the start, they exit the game. If they die early in the game, they exit the game rather than turn into a Hunter.

- The game should be about having fun and about Hunters trying to find and hunt the Hiders. Not about Hunters trying to get out of their respawn area alive and losing 99.5% of all the matches

- If anyone actually hides, and there is no Radar Hunter in the game, the Hunters have 0% chances to win.

- All above modifications would make it harder for Hiders to kill and therefore hiding more reasonable.

Ugh, I have spoken. :squint:

With the most splendid regards, Apinamaatio, who never plays as a Hider due to them being too easy. I'll rather always lose and have some fun. I'd just rather have fun with players who actually wants to be a Hunter too.

Posted Jun 15, 2022,
    Last edited Jun 16, 2022
  2. Great ideas but 10 mins? I feel like 6 is to much I hide and my spots I haven’t gotten caught in 3500+ games and if I ever want to reach 25k wins 10 minutes would add another 3 years on to it lol

Posted Jun 21, 2022 at 9:16 PM
    KalleTheDude likes this.
  3. As you said, you haven't got caught in 3500+ games as a hider. And I believe you. That's how broken the Block Hunt currently is :(

I used to play frequently as a Hider but it really gets boring because you can't lose even if you ran directly to kill the Hunters in their spawn spot. I've played a lot of games as a Hunter eventhough I know I'm gonna lose 99% of the times.

Usually there's no time to hunt those who are actually hiding. You just try to catch those attacking Hunters.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 22, 2022 at 2:42 AM
    LockNess8221 likes this.
  4. Interesting ideas you have. In case you didn’t know, here is the most recent Block Hunt update proposal for bedrock (as far as I know).
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/game-insights-block-hunt-proposal.187840/

Also, as you may know by now, the invisible hiders is a bug which has been going on for a while now. Hopefully that will be fixed soon by the developer.

Posted Jun 22, 2022 at 2:36 PM
    KalleTheDude likes this.
  5. Interesting ideas, I hope we will see it in-game soon!

Posted Jun 23, 2022 at 1:10 PM
    KalleTheDude likes this.