• 1387 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6946 Players Online
  • 5559 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Balance idea for spider

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DaGourmand, May 19, 2020.

1. A simple balance for spider is to just get rid of spin web. Wall climb would be the sole recovery move and it would get rid of it’s annoying trapping ability while keeping the mobility and speed. I think this would be fairly balanced

Posted May 19, 2020
    BrookMarieXO likes this.
  2. This is my first post, so I’m sorry in advance if a I mess up :).

I think spin web should be kept because it is a recovery move for the spider just in case if the spider falls into the void, someone could spin web and then wall climb on the map. I think the spider kit is overall balanced as it is, but you know, it’s just my opinion so you don’t have to take my word on it. Also, spin web is like one of the best abilities of spider as you can trap unexpected opponents and then use the needler ability and just melee the mob. I hope I didn’t say anything rude or mean, and thank you for reading this!! :)

Posted May 20, 2020
  3. Spider is considered the most powerful kit in the game and certainly needs a nerf even if I do believe it is a bit overrated. Spin web is a large part in what makes it broken and removing it still leaves it with direct double jump, 6 attack, plus needler and wall climb which still makes it high tier but not broken

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  4. agreed.

Posted May 20, 2020
  5. Maybe the spin web could still launch the same amount of webs, but remove the duration of how long they last? Do you think that would be good?

Posted May 20, 2020
  6. Spin web shouldn't do damage on hit, that's super annoying and unnecessary as the move already pulls your pants down so far. Neither should cub tackle, really.

Posted May 21, 2020
  7. I think that doesnt really fix the biggest problem with spider, which is the leap ability.

On top of making leap use xp bar, I think it should have a .5 second cooldown for jumps (excluding triple or wall climb jumps). I cant think of any problem that it would cause and it would probably encourage players to use the leap as a dodging ability instead of just looking at the ground and spamming spacebar.

While web can be really overpowered at times, sometimes being an instant kill, it is not necessary to remove it. Maybe making radius of webs smaller, decreasing the duration, and decreasing the damage would make them more balanced.

Another problem is the needler though I think it shouldnt be a problem if the leap is nerfed.

Posted May 21, 2020