• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Badlion Client

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Draqonite, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:32 AM.

1. Draqonite

Draqonite

Outrage to everyone, Draqonite here.
    I play a lot of PvP, on 1.7 and 1.8 version aswell.On 1.7 servers I use Badlion Client, while at 1.8 servers (Only Mineplex) I use LabyMod.
    It is huge diffirence for me, because I have low end PC, and Badlion Client gives me a lot better FPS than LabyMod.
    I wondered why is Badlion Client still forbiden on Mineplex?I investigate a bit, and I found that the only thing you could potentaly hack on BLC is the clicker.BLC is probbably the best client (for FPS) that you could use for 1.8.So, why it is still forbiden?

Thanks for reading!
    -Draqonite

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 9:32 AM
  2. cerns

cerns

In the mineplex rule book for in-game:
    Using a mod that is unapproved for use on Mineplex, or any Macro that affects gameplay*.

Please remember that use of mods not on this list may result in a punishment:

5zig version 3.3.6+
    Labymod version 2.6+ & Labymod Toggle Sprint (While it is considered approved, we’ve heard complaints of it sending out information to the Labymod server, so use at your own risk)
    Optifine
    Too Many Items
    Shaders Mods
    Capes Mods
    Better Animations/Player Animations Mod
    Blocks3D Mod
    Not Enough Items
    Better Sprint Mod
    InGame info mod
    bspkr's Armor, Direction and Status effect HUDs
    UHC Essentials
    Joystick mod (or other controller/gamepad mods)
    Pop Enchant Tags
    Replay Mod (outside of Clans, meaning it is punishable in Clans)
    Podcrash+ (This Mod can send screenshots of your game to a private chat at any time it is requested by anyone that has the available permission to do so such as a Podcrash Manager, so use at your own discretion. We recommend against using this Mod.)
    Gamma/Brightness mods (in which the only feature is gamma/brightness)
    PlexMod
    Any mods which have no effect to gameplay such as Pixelmon or Auto-Respawn, etc.

Any mod/client not on this list is simply not approved by mineplex. The staff team probably have a reason for this but I don't know if it is shared to the public. A mod or admin probably has better knowledge than I do

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 10:19 AM
  3. DietSnow

DietSnow

The staff team (specifically Wanderer, to my knowledge) have actually made an official statement regarding Badlion Client in the Discord, however, I'll quote it here:

"Hello people - again.

Since now there's people saying our reasoning for banning the aforementioned mod is made up, I'll address all of that again.

Initially, we said any mod containing a Minimap isn't allowed, which is a rule we'd enforce for any mod from any server, dev or dev team including stuff like Podcrash which MCL is partnered with while we are partnered with MCL. That's the only fair and reasonable thing to do.
    Podcrash+ for example got a very similar treatment when we discovered issues with that mod, and the people behind it ended up fixing it up after being requested to do so by us. Labymod did the same.

We don't have a "Mineplex Mod", and we code our games for Vanilla Clients - our games are thus based around just the things people are meant to access in the game as by that code and in some games that means no map or no compass. We don't allow Minimaps, because they do in fact give you an advantage over other players when it comes to playing and seeing what is going on around you on the map, compared to someone who'd play without a minimap.
    So again, there's a reason intended for why games that don't have an in-game map system (such as Clans, the /map command) don't have that in-game map system.

That, in addition to a minimap without entities being a small step away from a Minimap with location markers, is why we don't approve of Minimap-mods being used on our server.

Now, as for the entire "movement-related issues" deal which some individuals found necessary to claim is us making stuff up: no, it's not. Lol.
    It's a legitimate issue we found with this mod that carries over into GWEN detections and staff punishments. It's something that makes people using the mod have an unfair advantage over regular users or users of other approved mods (and that's disregarding the Minimap stuff).
    We have nothing against Badlion, so don't get that idea from all of this, it's just the fact that Badlion's Mod was coded for Badlion keeping Badlion's movement and ability code in mind, and not Mineplex. It's an unintended consequence of what it was in fact built for. The way the mod is coded messes with the way we go about our stuff, which needs to be fixed before we can get to approving this mod for usage on our server."
    Edit: Fixed some grammar mistakes I noticed when going back over my post.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 10:22 AM,
    Last edited Apr 17, 2019 at 11:07 AM
    cerns and PapiKirito like this.
  4. Draqonite

Draqonite

Everyone,
    Thanks for reply.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 10:50 AM
    cerns and DietSnow like this.