• 1711 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9095 Players Online
  • 7384 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Back at Micro again

Discussion in 'Classics' started by ilikefishys, Oct 21, 2020.

1. I noticed Micro Battles got some neat changes like a compass. Why still have walls for Micro Battles? I always see players build over which is allowed, but I dont see the point. I think it should either be infinite walls or no walls. Not in between

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Orangey likes this.
  2. I like the idea. Although the way Micro Battles at the moment is right now is great, taking away the walls can be a little change. It would make the game even an even faster paced game which is nice. Like you pointed out, if players are going to build over walls (which is not punishable) why even have the walls? I wouldn’t mind seeing how a game of Micro Battles goes without the walls up. You don’t really have time to mine blocks and all that other stuff you would be able to with the walls.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  3. I sort of like having the walls versus not having the walls at all. In my opinion, I feel that the wall gives players time to collect blocks to build up or to use strategically/prepare for battle. If the walls did not exist at the start of the game, there would be no safety net for players to collect blocks early on, especially considering the amount of players we have who are mobile platforms.

While yeah, you can just build over the wall, that would require you to collect blocks and risk dying to an entire team unless your entire team is on board with rushing early and building up with you. It has little benefit in my opinion in a game where all players are of the same skill level. Although, it is a valid strategy if you can get your entire team on board/if you can overpower the opposing team long enough.

Posted Oct 25, 2020
  4. Nah the game is like mini walls. You can rush but the odds are your team doesn’t follow and it’ll be a suicide mission

Posted Nov 1, 2020
  5. Hello!

As many others have expressed, I'm going to have to completely disagree with you that walls should either be removed or stay in place for the entirety of the game duration. It is really neat that Micro Battles is getting some small changes, but I just can't imagine one of those changes being walls. The walls act as protection for teams to gather quick resources and either tower, dig, or fight once the walls go down. If there were no walls and teams that were allowed to instantly rush other teams, it seems like a recipe for trolling and targetting without the ability to escape.

The game would turn less strategic, suspenseful, and skilled with the removal of the walls. Sure, players have the ability to build over the walls before they disappear, but as others have said, it's likely that you will be killed if your team does not back you up when you rush over the walls in the beginning. I just see players getting aggravated with the game and other players if they were allowed to camp right next to them waiting for invincibility to wear off so that they can instantly fight, rather than enjoy the game with a more strategic plan. Micro Battles have had the unique addition of temporary walls for as long as the game has been released on both platforms, and I just see this implementation causing players to become frustrated and ultimately stop playing the game. All in all, not a bad idea, but it would need some reinforcement before being adequately considered, in my opinion. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Nov 8, 2020