• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5162 Players Online
  • 5162 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Axeman Kit Talk

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Aug 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone,

Alright so I've recently been using Axeman kit in all of my Survival Game matches and it's become so evident on how badly of a nerf this kit needs. I find that players who I consider better than me are dying/running away from me a lot more often than before. Players that went Axeman class against me and would win, are now being demolished when I go Axeman against them. The amount of damage stacks up over a period of time and the knockback allows more combos to be ensued. At some point in the future I'm going to demonstrate how broken Axeman is in a video on youtube (Video will be in a future post).

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    BadBoyHalo4037 likes this.
  2. Hi Bossitive!

As someone who recently switched to Axeman kit myself, I can understand where you're coming from. Personally, I think the cooldown between each axe is too short and needs to be increased overall. While I am fighting another axeman kit, I notice that the amount of axes that are thrown between myself and the other player is too many. In addition, with the short cooldown, it allows players to spam the axes in which case does a lot of damage like you said. I 100% agree with you here and I hope to see axeman get nerfed within the future. Like I said, I think a longer cooldown between each axe could make the kit more balanced.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    BadBoyHalo4037 and Aaron. like this.
  3. They nerfed it in the last update but it clearly wasn't enough. While they can't drain half your health in the blink of an eye anymore, 1 second is not a long cooldown at all, so the kit is still very spammy, and stone axes hurt. I agree with the above that the cooldown could be longer, even to something like 5 seconds.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    BadBoyHalo4037, mab8400 and Aaron. like this.
  4. that would destroy the whole purpose of the kit, high burst dps but if you are out of axes its gg, and you gotta estimate enemies hp so you can finish them off with your last axe, if you hit then you save your own hp, if you miss youre probably dead

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    BadBoyHalo4037, waf and Aaron. like this.
  5. instead of destroying the cooldown you could make thrown axes do less damage by a bit or something so that its more of a combo extender with damage instead of a kill option

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    BadBoyHalo4037 and waf like this.
  6. Hey,

I like how you said "but if you are out of axes its gg" that's because Axeman just generally are bad at pvp and rely on axe damage. There's a different way to go about this to nerf Axeman. Limit the amount of axes they can throw in a fight.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2020
    BadBoyHalo4037 and tubaaaaa like this.
  7. that actually seems pretty fair. like you could keep the cooldown at one, but maybe you can only throw 3-4 axes in a 20 second span

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  8. I think this is the general consensus (from what I've seen) for Axeman as of right now, yeah. Your first couple kit rework/balance threads got me thinking about Axeman and I was considering something like giving each individual axe a throwing durability, and how that would work with an additional increase in the throwing cooldown. 4 throws for a diamond axe, 3 for an iron axe, etc. with a 2-3 second cooldown between throws.
    I think your proposed change in your Axeman balance thread is better than that overall however. The kill effects are a different demon imo, so I think that's best left as it's own discussion, but the charge/ticker system sounds like it could make it a very viable 1v1 kit while not being overly dominant. My only concern would be people running until their charges return, but I think that might be niche enough to look past.

Posted Aug 27, 2020
  9. Im still thinking on what would be best for Axeman but this is a good start.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 27, 2020
  10. i was pretty glad when they nerfed it but yeah def should be a longer cooldown, maybe add some type of "charge" mechanism

Posted Aug 27, 2020
  11. Almost like being able to spam axes wasn't the real strength of the kit in the first place

hm, wonder if anyone could've thought things through and figured that out beforehand...

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  12. just get good bro

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    Petasi likes this.
  13. @waf needs that axe spam to up those stats bruv

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  14. Broooo XD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 7, 2020
  15. Hey Bossitiveplays,

I also believe the axeman kit needs a huge nerf. Whenever I come across someone who uses axemen, the first thing they do is spam throw every axe in their inventory leading me with less than 6 hearts. This gives me a huge disadvantage and I end up losing the fight. Maybe if there was a cool down for throwing an axe it would be more balanced.

Good suggestion, have a nice day!

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  16. I mean, there is a cooldown with Axeman (1 second). It just needs a further nerf.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 9, 2020
  17. Right, I mean it should be a bit longer though.

Posted Sep 9, 2020