• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Axeman Kit? Good or need a nerf?

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by KrAff, Feb 21, 2019.

?

Is Axeman over powered?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. KrAff

KrAff

Pretty basic question. I am 100% in the need a nerf category but please do vote and explain in the comments!

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  2. ILTAPALA

ILTAPALA

Nah its not that good.

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  3. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

I don't think it's overpowered at all. It's damage up for axes is nice early game, but towards the end you will most likely get out damaged by people with sharp stone swords. It's other ability to throw axes is also not bad, but the damage is minimal and that usually is not going to determine a fight.

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  4. KrAff

KrAff

Gonna have to disagree my man. A new person with axeman very rarely do anything. But anyone who has used it often can string together hits. I’ve been hit from 8.5 to 3 with just axes alone. There is no counter to them. Knight or brawler just try to keep your distance but axeman can be a long or short range effective class.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 25, 2019
  5. toxic13d

toxic13d

In my opinion, from seeing people using the axeman kit it is not overpowered at all and doesn't need a nerf. The only time when you feel it's unfair is when the player has 10 axes, and they can use them quite effectively but that doesn't mean that the kit needs a nerf down.

Survival games have been around since late 2013, and the kits have not been a problem for the last five years so I don't see a problem it being now. I don't find it overpowered at all.

Cheers
    - Dylan

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  6. iiDiamondBlock

iiDiamondBlock

Under rated but i never use it

Posted Mar 2, 2019
  7. JMPhase

JMPhase

Yeah I agree with you. It probably does need a nerf. Barraging an opponent with multiple axes can deal decent damage and knock them back quite far.

Posted Mar 2, 2019
  8. FreezaSama

FreezaSama

Very well but you know you can move in combat so you dont get hit by the axe?
    In my opinion the Kit does not need a nerf

Posted Mar 2, 2019
  9. _H2O

_H2O

I also agree that the Axeman kit doesn't need a nerf. I've never seen it as overpowered in the years that I've played SG and I don't really see many people use it anyways, unless they are just starting out. The axe damage is only really beneficial at the start of the game, as mentioned by PapiKirito. It gives you somewhat of a chance against someone that already has a sword. As the game progresses though, everyone gets better weapons and it's smarter to use a sword than an axe in my opinion. You can do more damage with swords in my experience. The throwing axe feature is nice when players are running away from you. I've never found it easy to get a bow and arrows in SG, so when I do use Axeman, I use it as a substitute for that. I don't see it as overpowered though because you still have to aim properly and run the risk of missing. Players can just strafe and dodge the axes being thrown at them while they run away. You also have to forfeit your hotbar slots to include more axes. Instead of putting soups that you've found in chests, you put axes there and that could be the difference between killing someone and being killed, especially if you are being cleaned up. Additionally, if you use all of your axes and happen to somehow have more, you have to stop chasing the player and reload your hotbar with them.

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  10. Mr_Ant87

Mr_Ant87

I don't know how many times I've voiced my opinion about this in the past but I guess once more can't hurt.

Axeman is a kit you don't see very often in game, for the simple reason that it is easily one of the hardest, if not the hardest kit to learn and use effectively. However, at its peak it is one of the best kits in the game. I've seen a couple of replies in this thread saying that the effectiveness of the kit peaks at the start of the game, and while I won't disagree that the axe damage benefit wanes as the game progresses, the potential of the kit certainly does not. As the game goes on, you'll accumulate more axes, which if in the hands of an experienced axeman, will make them nigh untouchable with few counters, like Kraff has mentioned (I'll add Barbarian to the list of counters, Blade Vortex is likely to disorientate the axeman for a little while). This rapid-fire spamming of the axes is my main problem with the kit, I believe having a small cooldown will alleviate my issues with the kit (large enough so that if someone is trying to come towards the axeman, they cannot hold them back with axes alone). It's nice to have a kit with a steep difficulty curve, and because of this it should still remain one of the better kits in terms of potential. However, it's potential is too much at the moment, and that's a problem.

You'll find that most, if not all of the kits have had balancing changes to them since the inauguration of Survival Games. So claiming that the kits have not been a problem at all is false, and claiming that since nothing has been changed it means nothing needs to be changed is quite a stupid line of thought if I have to be perfectly honest (could've sugercoated that statement a little more but I can't quite think of how to so it'll do).

Don't forget that there's nothing stopping an axeman getting a sharp 1 sword as well.

You'll find these axes are amazingly hard to dodge if you're up against an axeman who has half an idea of what he's doing.

That hotbar thing is a fair point, and probably the axeman's biggest weakness if you ignore the learning curve. However this is negated somewhat if the axeman is good at hotkeying (bit rusty on my terms so I mightn't be using the right word here), which makes the hotbar thing somewhat irrelevant, even if they are on the run or in the middle of a fight.

I might provide some video evidence to back up my claims later, but not now it's twenty to 11 and I need some sleep.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    ohrangee567 and xLeopard like this.
  11. xLeopard

xLeopard

An axeman who knows what they're doing is possibly the most annoying thing in Survival Games. Sure, they're not that common anymore, but they're still around. Your average player is likely going to just shrug off Axeman because there's a pretty major learning curve for people trying to use it, but once you get past that, it's undoubtedly overpowered. If a player can land 5 hits on you with stone axes then you're done for. Sure, try and strafe, but chances are, if they're good at the kit, they're going to be able to predict and hit you anyway. Not to mention there's basically no cooldown so they can sit and spam axes at you as much as they like. I definitely agree that it needs a nerf, and I'm sure most other experienced SG players would say the same.

Posted Mar 17, 2019