• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5214 Players Online
  • 5214 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Axeman Kit BALANCE

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Aug 24, 2020.

?

What do you think of the balance idea?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2020.
  1. Great idea and it's well-balanced.

50.0%
  2. Great idea but will need tweaks.

16.7%
  3. Not interested in the idea.

33.3%
  4. I have an alternative idea that will be stated below this post.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello,

One of the biggest annoyances I believe in Survival Games are fighting against Axeman. I myself once mained this kit for a decent period of time, especially back when I started out playing this game. I've always found this kit overwhelmingly good, even after that nerf it got back during the last Survival Games update. I've just come up with an idea to hopefully really balance out this kit for good.

Axeman
    - Grants the passive Axe Proficiency. Attacking with an axe deals +1 damage. No change.
    - Grants the ability Axe Thrower. Right-click an axe to throw it. 1 second cooldown. You have a max total of 4 charges regenerating 1 charge back every 5s. The amount of charge you have can be determined by a message in chat that says "Axe Thrower Charges: #" Number of Charges Remaining = #. Axe Proficiency Perk doesn't carry over to this abillity.
    - Grants the kill effect Axe Beserker. Getting a kill replenishes all of your charges and temporarily disables the cooldown for 3s. Angry Villager Particles appear around the user while the kill effect is active.

Please leave your thoughts on this balance below. The intended purpose is too further limit the amount of extra damage you can deal with axes in close-quarters combat.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  2. I personally do not use axeman but while fighting against players using the axeman kit they do seem do be a little good. I think that you have a really good idea for balancing out the kits and I love that you put in time to make this idea. Continue to make this community a great place and coming up with ideas for Mineplex, hopefully this will be considered (:

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Hubble and Aaron. like this.
  3. I think there should be 5 axe charges. B̶e̶r̶s̶e̶r̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶1̶0̶s̶.̶ Otherwise seems cool.

Posted Aug 24, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 24, 2020
  4. Thats insane and broken

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 24, 2020
  5. I think I misunderstood what you meant. Ignore the bit about Berserker.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  6. I was thinking for 10 minutes if 4 or 5 charges were better but during fights using more than 5 axes is when things get out of control.

OP OP
  7. It depends whether they actually land their axes, whether they're good axes, and if you pick them up or not. Not everyone is Ilikeponyz.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  8. Landing axe hits are easy to land my guy. The charge system Ive proposed prevents you from continously throwing axes in a fight.

OP OP
  9. I know what the charge system does. I've played Champions before. I just don't know that 4 is better than 5. Why over-nerf the kit? It's OP right now, but if it got changed, I don't think it needs to be nerfed to uselessness and then rebuffed one day. I'm just saying take it slow.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  10. Love the idea as always. each of your kit update ideas seems to have been well thought out and this was the 3rd thread I read through of yours regarding Kit updates/tweaking ideas. I'd personally like to see it as I know a lot of my friends who are good play axeman while I play brawler, warlock and bomber. Personally this can be a super deadly combo as a well placed explosive arrow or brawl and put your team mate in a great position to kill off a running player. combo this with ranged weapons or a barbarian pull to put them between you again when they get out of range again makes it extremely deadly.

As always, another great idea I'd love to see implemented to at least some extent. Keep up the great work :) :thumbsup:

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.