• 1420 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1420 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Autumn Horizon

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Amg, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Hey guys! I am back with another build showcase today. I call this build Autumn Horizon. Autumn is one of my favorite times of year because of the changing colors of leaves and the enjoyable weather. In this build I wanted to just freely build trees and I even created a field below the tree. In my screenshots, I will be showcasing progress pictures, so as you go down, the further I got into my build. I hope you guys like it, but this was just some practice!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Jan 26, 2021
  2. I love it! I love the use of glass as the leaves, and the lanterns hanging. I feel like you did a great job creating the landscape around the central tree, with the water, wheat, and bits of wood. I also believe that black stone is my favorite block, so I like your use of it as a ring.
    The only thing that would make it better is if the bark would go all around the birch block, and possibly some small structures around the area.

Keep up the building, it is looking great!

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Amg and shihanna like this.
  3. Ah so pretty - why aren't you builder yet?!
    This looks like a really cute farm idea for a survival world, perhaps even part of an SG map if possible! I'm in love with the colors and ambiance, it really is beautiful. Super well done on this build, you should consider using the theme for some maps on MP :)

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  4. Thank you so much Badger! I really appreciate your feedback and I will most definitely work on fixing the bark! To be honest the reason why I started building trees is because it has always been a major weakness, but I felt pretty confident in this build. The landscape around the tree took like 2 hours and it was very time consuming. This is an unfinished project, and I’m looking to possibly build a village in the area!

Thank you so much! Omg. It’s definitely something I’ve thought about, but I never thought I was really good enough to become one to be honest. I really appreciate your feedback! I would love to build a map sometime in the future and would enjoy seeing some maps with this type of theme. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2021
    shihanna likes this.
  5. Awesome building! This looks super cool, especially in the night time photos. My favorite part would definitely have to be the wheat farms as it is nicely spread out and looks clean. The tree is very visually appealing as well and I love the colors. I can see that you spent a lot of time on this and I hope to see more from you in the future!

- Lucas

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  6. I love this!! I’m a big fan of the autumn theme in general, especially when it’s made into a Minecraft build/map. I can tell you really put a lot of work into this build, hence why it looks as good as it does. I’m interested to know exactly how long this took you to create, it takes me ages to build large builds and that tree in the centre looks like it was very closely worked on over a long period of time. Nice idea adding in the progress pictures and adding images to show both the day and night looks. Love your work and I’m keen to see anything you share in the future!! (you should totally do a Spring themed build at some point :eyes:)

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  7. This is very cute, I love it! The block choices work super well together. The only thing I would work on is leaves on the big tree - From what I see you go for an all-round layer of leaves around the entire branch. I think you should work on simply making bunches of leaves that sit on top of the branches, and then some on the underside. Naturally, leaves don't grow so close to the trunk and they're a bit more bushy outwards. Other than that, though, I love the environment you made!

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  8. nice trees

Posted Jan 29, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  9. Thank you so much for your feedback Lucas! I would most certainly agree, I feel that I am really pleased with the wheat field and how it’s arranged. It’s definitely one of my favorite parts of the build, and it took the longest out of all of it. My goal is to improve over time, so I think I will be sharing more of these moving forward!

Omg, thank you so much Nick!! Like yourself, I am such a huge fan of Autumn because of how pretty of a season it is. I love the different tree colors and the weather so much during this time of year! I would say it’s one of the coziest times of year in my opinion. This build took me a total of about 4-4 1/2 hours and I spent most of my time working on the wheat farm. I built all of this hand, so it was most definitely a task to say the least! I will consider doing some spring time builds as well since I really enjoy spring as much as Autumn. Thank you again for your feedback!
    Thank you so much for your feedback Mae, I really appreciate it! As I’m looking back at the big tree, I couldn’t agree more...I feel that I could’ve done a much better job at placing these leaves and will work on that aspect moving forward. Again, I really appreciate the feedback and thank you again!

Thank you thank you! :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 29, 2021
    AyyNick and maevestarbaby like this.
  10. This looks great! I really like the marshy type environment around the tree, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in a build before so it's really unique to me and you executed it very well imo, really nice job :)

Posted Jan 29, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  11. Oh I love the fact you included progression shots of your build! Not often do you see people include that within their build showcases, but I think it's pretty neat when it comes down to seeing what things have changed/where someone started their build. Autumn is definitely my favorite time of year as well and I think you captured the 'autumn feel' very nicely. I think the color scheme you chose helps a lot with the overall vibe of the build, so all around I think you did a great job!

Posted Jan 30, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  12. Man, I wish I could build trees as beautiful as you did! Anytime I try to build one they end up looking weird. It's a really wonderful build, keep up the good work!

Posted Feb 21, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  13. It’s perfect

Posted Feb 21, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  14. Hiii! This is a nice concept for a build!! Autumn is an interesting theme to work with.. there is a lot to get inspired off of but with the limitations of autumn-themed blocks, things can get difficult to work around.

From what I see, it looks cool!! I would suggest adding in other blocks into the leaves so it's not just stained glass. Some good blocks to add include red, yellow, & orange terracotta. Those really help complement the block palette you've chosen. I also think adding more leaves to the top of the tree can help too. It's a good start! I'm looking forward to seeing how this build evolves!

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  15. this is so cute omg

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  16. Thank you so much Illum!
    Thank you so much! Yes, I thought progression shots would bring something different and I feel that the progress of a build is just as important. I appreciate the feedback! <3
    Thank you so much omg! I’m definitely not great at building trees, but it’s the practice that counts! I really appreciate the feedback. <3
    Thank you!
    I absolutely agree with you Josh! It was a little more difficult that I originally thought and I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. The feedback you’ve provided is very helpful and I will for sure be using that build advice moving forward. I believe if I did add those blocks into the trees, it would definitely look a lot nicer, as you’ve said. As far as the top of the tree, I was very unsatisfied with the shape, so the feedback you’ve provided helps tremendously! Thank you so much King <3
    Thank you so much <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 25, 2021
    joshuart likes this.
  17. Salutations!

First and foremost, oh my gosh!!! Your true talent is thriving from the unique design as illustrated above! It gives me the first blooming of autumn vibe - which is my favorite season! Keep doing what you're doing - you're amazing at it! :D

Best regards,
    FabianTuck

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Amg likes this.