• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6148 Players Online
  • 3258 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Automatically get daily reward

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by mrpiggy220, Aug 2, 2020.

?

Do you have the same problem?

1. Yes! And I would like mineplex to create this feature

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Yes, but I wouldn’t like mineplex to create this feature

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. No...

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. No, but I would like mineplex to create this feature

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Alright, in all of my time on mineplex, I hardly claim my daily reward because I either always forget about it or I’m too lazy to run an extra few blocks to claim my daily reward. A way to counter that is for mineplex to automatically detect you’re online and give you your reward. I’m pretty sure this is possible since the hive has that feature but this also isn’t since there aren’t anymore bedrock devs. But people who have this problem would probably be pretty grateful if mineplex adds this feature.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
  2. This was actually planned along with the huge Bedrock update, but initially ran into some issues and was never implemented. I would've actually liked to see it implemented. It's definitely easier then claiming it from Carl, and I don't really see any problems with adding it. Since there are no Bedrock Devs, though, this likely won't get added for a while if it is considered. Plus, since it ran into some issues last time, I'm not sure if it could be added. All and all, I do like this idea though.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
    mrpiggy220 likes this.
  3. I think just going to Carl the creeper is better because of just the simple step of running to him. It gives Carl more of a purpose, plus unless you’re not going to be logging on the server everyday, your streak will be easily increasing. The more you increase your streak, the higher rewards you get, and if this idea was applied to that, players would be leveling faster than normal.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  4. The point of claiming your daily reward and going up to him entices you to start playing on the network, even if it's a game or two. If I was a marketing manager, that's the perspective I would see it from anyway, instead of getting on then immediately hopping off.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  5. Sometimes there are too many people in the way too so I think it should claim automatically

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  6. The daily reward is to encourage people to play on the server everyday. Whenever I see the flashing claiming rewards thing on top of Carl, I always go to click on him. Claiming it everyday and visiting Carl will increase the rewards you get. If it was automatic, people might get those rewards too easily. Also checking Carl everyday might make you remember to claim your rank bonuses too.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  7. Carl the creeper is a central place for more than just daily rewards, leaving daily rewards as a part of it serves as incentive for people to use the other features as well (check out the YouTube, Social Media, other rewards, etc.). Having it become an automatic thing might seem beneficial at first, but it will decrease incentive to play on the server, and people will just "farm" their daily and log off, which doesn't promote an increase in player population. Great suggestion, but it's a -1 from me!

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  8. Hey

I have mixed opinions on this idea. I see that people would find it useful to be able to just login, and then go straight to playing, without having to worry about claiming their reward, but I see some negatives too. As @S1KH said, I can see people would just join, and leave, since they claim their reward instantly. This would prevent them from seeing other rewards, Social Medias, etc.

I'm neutral on this idea. +0

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  9. Hellooooo

I disagree with this idea. First of all, players should hold the responsibility needed to right click Carl the Creeper and claim their daily reward each day. Secondly, there is no point to having a social media advertisements or voting buttons if no one has to even click on Carl. Next, the instant claiming of high rewards would mess up the game's economy with players receiving an amplitude of rewards everyday just for logging in. Alternatively, I believe claiming rewards from Carl could have some different solutions. In case you forget, a text box with prompt in chat with "Looks like you forgot to claim your daily reward! Click here to claim it!" or giving a time warning such as "3 hours until your Daily Rewards reset." There are some changes to be made with your idea if it were to happen, but I'd like to see more discussion. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    mrpiggy220 likes this.
  10. Hey!
    I've definitely seen this idea around quite a bit since automatic rewards was implemented on the Bedrock platform however, I strongly wouldn't recommend this to be implemented on the Java server for a few reasons:

1. Personally, I have always loved joining the server and going right to Carl to claim my rewards to see what I am receiving and for what. I think that if the automatic claiming feature was added, it would be quite hard for players to see what they are receiving for their rewards daily, levels, ranks, etc. I know that this list can be found somewhere on the internet, but why would a player want to search for that when it could be right in front of them? I also can be a very forgetful person at times and I definitely wouldn't remember what day and when I should receive my rewards but Carl helps me with that so, if this was removed, I feel that most players wouldn't even realize when they had received their rewards for whichever category. I also just find it fun to claim my rewards and it has almost became a routine for me at this point so I think I can say a decent amount of players enjoy doing this as well that I have personally seen.
    Fix: None/Just a preference

2. To add onto my first point, I really love going to Carl the Creeper to specifically see my immortal rewards and what would happen with the immortal shop if this get's implemented? Would there be another figure like Carl the Creeper to access for this issue, or maybe it would be put into the cosmetic menu? Even if this was the case, it's still something else an immortal would have to access even though they could've just done it all in one place with Carl.
    Fix: Stated above- cosmetic menu, another figure like Carl but would cause something else to be implemented on top of the automatic claiming feature.

3. If a player was inactive for an extensive amount of time for a year lets say, they could come back and have all their rewards from that past year even though they were inactive which isn't fair to any players what so ever in my opinion.
    Fix: Maybe there could be a way that you only receive these rewards if you log on, not just automatically put onto your account every day/month.

4. The tickets to spin Carl is also another beloved feature by the community and is something fun to do when player's have free time, what would happen to this feature? Would it completely be removed or just added somewhere's else, which would make players have to go somewhere's else just to access everything they need?
    Fix: Could add something to the website to access this, but would be extra work for a player.

Overrall, even with some suggestions and fixes I have mentioned, I still really wouldn't like this to be implemented for the reasons I listed. I honestly just think being able to see your daily rewards, monthly rank rewards, and rank rewards is nice to access all in one place and Carl allows players to remember that they are claiming that day because they might forget and never even realize they received their rewards. This would also cause an issue with the immortal shop and the Carl the ticket spinner, which the developers would have to make another place specifically just for that when it can already be found all in one place. I really don't see an issue with Carl the Creeper, and I think it's unnecessary to play around with this feature at the moment.
    -1 idea

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  11. I'm not sure honestly. I like the way how you already claim the daily reward right now since it encourages you to get on a move those few blocks to keep up your streak. I suppose things wouldn't change that much if you would have received daily rewards automatically when you logged on the network each day, but still though. I guess it's just something that's not really needed as in the end it would really just only save you like what, 4 seconds?

It's nice QoL suggestion but at the same time, it's something that I don't think the network needs the most at the current moment.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  12. Hey!

I'd actually like to see this idea implemented, contrary to the few -1's and uncertainty I see in this thread. Since the name is "daily reward" you should get it the moment you log on (as the name of the reward suggests) and moving a couple blocks and clicking a few buttons doesn't really change the reward you receive the only difference between having this feature and not is a few seconds so I see no issue with it. I would just like to see a clear message in chat about the rewards I claimed and what is also available to me in the Carl Menu each time this reward is claimed. Since daily rewards do not contain chests or anything that necessarily 'unlocks' anything I see no issue with daily rewards being claimed outside of Carl since you won't potentially be missing anything of great importance (from an automatic message while you might be away from your computer) because all you are receiving is a bit of exp and in game currency.

I see a lot of comments about the importance of visiting Carl and about how manually claiming this prevents "farming", allows you to see all other rewards you can claim and how it keeps everything neat and in one place. Firstly, players can already farm the reward then log off since the only difference is a couple seconds. Furthermore, I don't think making claiming rewards automatic would actually mean Carl would become a redundant feature as a whole, as at the moment it is already underused if you're not immortal; if anything Carl needs a revamp anyway, especially the spinner which is currently extremely underwhelming. As long as this automatic feature reminds players they have other rewards to claim from Carl it would encourage them to use it, if anything it might remind them to check Carl if it's a nice bold message in chat along with the daily reward as an example of a reward they can receive from Carl. At this current moment, I have to remind myself to visit Carl, the game doesn't do much to attempt to remind me of it at the moment apart from this message in chat which can go unnoticed if you're not paying attention.

[​IMG]

I see a lot of division on this subject so my suggestion towards adding this feature would be to make it a toggle-able, so players who prefer manually claiming it for their own purposes can do so. Not every player has the same attachment to Carl that others do, I think that's important to keep in mind.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  13. Hey!

While I completely see where you are coming from, I have to disagree. Even I have forgotten to claim my daily reward so many times and I know it can be annoying as you may have lost your streak. Carl has been with us many years and if this idea is implemented, players wouldn’t really like this. I love going to Carl everyday and collecting my daily rewards etc. As said above by staff it would be useful to have a bot message in chat say, ‘’oops it looks like you have forgotten to collect your daily report’’. I would agree that they should do something like this.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  14. I think this would be a good thing to add to bedrock, but then what would be the point of Carl? Unless there are still a couple things to do or claim in Carl, like claim your monthly bonus, or view your cosmetics and such, Carl will become useless. But overall with this idea I’ll give it a +1.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  15. Could implement automatic daily reward claiming as a togglable Ultra/Knight rank feature, including a chat message regarding received rewards upon login. This addresses all criticism proposed above while: maintaining Carl's usefulness, providing further incentive to purchase a rank, and constructing a nonchalant atmosphere for ranked players. Great qol suggestion, looking forward to further discussion regarding automatic reward claims.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  16. I like this idea since on bedrock its just view cosmetics and the daily rewards an automatic feature would be amazing.

+1

Posted Aug 7, 2020 at 8:07 AM