• 1300 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9471 Players Online
  • 8171 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

assorted things

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by glitcch, Jan 17, 2021.

1. here's some general things i've done in PS from 2019-21

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    yvuggu, ClassN, Glamourized and 2 others like this.
  2. Poggggg

These are super super cool, and I love how you don't just have one thing!
    Currently I'm in an Advertising and Graphics class, and I could totally see my teacher using these as examples for what we should aim for! I really like how you make certain things pop and bring out details like what we should focus on.

I think my favorites are the third piece in both the first and second categories. I really like how you have the silhouettes showing locations, that's really cool. I also like that GRACE one, I don't really have a reason, but the black and grey and the C are just super appeasing to look at. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future!

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    glitcch likes this.
  3. NAT!!!!

First and foremost, HI! I hope you’ve been doing well. Oh my gosh it has been so long since I’ve last talked to you. I can see that you’re still very talented in graphics, GO OFF!! I agree with @TheArrow'sShadow above, I love how you don’t have just one thing. The variety is killer and I think all of them look incredible! I think my favorite is most likely the third spoiler, 5th piece. I think that you did very well in color selection and the overall placement/layout. All of these graphics are very well done and detailed. Your artistry does not go unnoticed and I think you’re very talented in what you do. Thank you so much for sharing and I hope to see more from you!

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    glitcch likes this.

4. sounds like a neat class, i took one graphic design class my freshman year (it's almost been 5 years since then, everything since then has been a self teaching journey) and it's lead me to a variety of opportunities as well as jobs working in a couple different fields. i don't have a lot of technical knowledge but i like to imagine i'm good at detailing and implementing small aspects referencing an overall theme.

as an example the c in the banner for Grace is actually a UI element in the game Dead by Daylight and appears when a player is stuck on a hook. i wanted to implement an aspect of her main game in a more subtle way and that was the most interesting way i could think to do that. the font used is also from the same type kit used in game, which also creates some more synergy

[​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 18, 2021
    TheArrow'sShadow likes this.

5. what's up, it's certainly nice to see names from the era i spent hanging about these parts. i might have left mineplex, but i didn't leave graphic design, just ended up adapting into other communities i joined and building new knowledge in the field. i'm doing quite well in life, thanks for asking.

as for that piece, it's one of the few things i've made for myself i actually still enjoy. i did it live on stream because the previous set of panels were just old photos from the library of congress archives i liked. i originally tried re-working them to fit my namesake better, but they were hard to look at and honestly didn't look amazing. i liked the texture i found online of sand dunes, as the contrast in spots allowed for overlayed colours to seep in nicely and create an effect which can also support little details like the half toned brush which shows in the shadows. i'm still using them to this day.

here's a progression of what the set originally looked like, i certainly did take it in a different direction.

[​IMG]

i pride myself on versatility, mainly because of my broader knowledge of games, especially their design scenes then most other people, who generally only stick to what they know. i've been able to work with esports orgs and players who are involved with games i don't play myself (dead by daylight, roblox, league of legends to name a few) because of this knowledge. i also find it a fun challenge to tackle these types of differences and allows me to implement ideas that others might not consider.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  6. Heyo!
    Wow these are amazing! I really wish I could create work of this quality. The way you can make everything so detailed and yet so simple is fantastic. Everything has so much polish and there's so much variety. Overall great stuff, and you should absolutely show us more in the future! :)

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  7. HI ITS SO NICE TO SEE YOU BACK

These look awesome, I really really love when people make personal graphics in the style of different games. I've messed around with similar things just because of how cool it looks but wasn't a huge fan of doing it myself. You, though, are soooo skilled :D I want to see more when you make them

Posted Jan 18, 2021

8. thank you for your kind words, i'm by no means a professional but there's a lot of little tips and adjustments i've learned thought the years to add a bit more of a polished look, the end process of any files i work on typically just involves doing minor changes to balance everything out.

i won't lie that it's nice to peep back in here from time to time, just because i still like being apart of forums (obviously why it's a part of my past) so stopping by and mostly lurking is a continued habit of mine. i hope to post more of my work during 2021, as i'm still doing custom work for people and the esports org i represent on top of the occasional personal project.

again, thank you all for the kind words, it's nice seeing some names i still recognize here.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  9. some things i've done this week

[​IMG]

new work for the org i'm apart of. did a redesign of our old twitter banners for players and staff. wanted to create a more updated a clean look and add a bit more of team personality in them, so the left side is dedicated to showing the three teams (and org name) for the groups everyone represents.

here's a comparison from the old banners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and finally, a twitch rebrand for an old teammate of mine. he wanted a computer aesthetic as his name features PC very prominently. i also created an animated version of the circuit board background for use when streaming. it looks like this, but smoother because this is a lazy gif.

[​IMG]

this animated version was created with sony vegas

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2021
  10. Hey Nat!

It's great to see you coming back to Mineplex, and I still remember when you were a Mineplex staff member. Of course, I absolutely love the graphic works you did, and it's amazing to see how you're talented. I really want to become a graphic design, but it was not one of my major in my life. I am pretty sure you'll become a perfect graphic designer one day, as long as if you keep practicing your skills.

Overall, I absolutely love it, and great work! Keep it up! :D

Posted Jan 28, 2021

11. thank you pham, i really appreciate the kind words you had for my work :)

here's some new things

so, after re-doing the banners, i decided to do a visual lift of the match / announcement posts that i would change up the look of it all

[​IMG]

This new design is higher quality and specifically focused on reporting match scores for the league one team partakes in, filling in the accent pieces with the enemy team every week. featuring the division name, enemy teams and the colour matching.

[​IMG]

The new general announcement keeps some of the same assets, but features stickers designed to represent all of the teams in the org.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 30, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.