• 1912 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10350 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Assassins

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, Sep 1, 2019.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So how this works is there are 2 teams of 10 max (there can be a minimum of 14 players required which is 7 players a team). They have to kill each other with their kits. The team with the most points within 15 minutes win in a 100x100 map with decorations. There should be some hills, fall damage is enabled. Also there should be sky bases accessible by hills. In 5 minutes of the game, the island will shrink (like in Survival Games). There is a 1 min afk timer.

Team spawn points are on the corner of the maps.

Killing players earn you 100 points for your team. Dying makes your team lose 50 points. Mantaining a kill streak will earn you 10 more points for every kill in a kill streak. Crystals will spawn near at least 10 blocks from the map. The crystals spawn every minute but 2 a minute since 1 crystal spawns near each spawn point and there's 2 spawn points. I will add more kits soon. The game is 10 minutes long.

In your giant base, every point = one zombie in a room you have. The enemy base has to get through a door in the base without getting killed themselves. Then they kill zombies, which can make the enemy team lose points. Abilities are enabled there in case you are going to duel a person in there who wants to keep you from killing their mobs.

Also, the kits shall have kit levels that can be purchased through gems (though majority of people have like 100000 gems).<-- I dont want them to be op (like the armor upgrading where it was possible to go from leather armor and wooden sword to spawning with diamond armor and diamond sword on bedrock cakewars) though.

Cost: Free
    Armor:
    Leather Helmet (Dyed Red)
    Golden Chestplate
    Golden Leggings
    Leather Boots (Dyed Red)
    Your iron sword has Sharpness 1.
    Receive one TNT every 8 seconds. Max of 3. If you right click them, they do some damage and knock back to players that come near.

Cost: 1000 Gems
    This kit has a full black leather dyed leather set.
    You have Diamond Sword too.
    When right clicking, you give people a 2 second bleed effect to whoever you strike for 5 seconds. The cool down is 10 seconds. The bleed gives 1 damage per second.

Cost: 1000 gems.
    You get a brown leather dyed cap, chainmail chest plate, chainmail leggings, and a chainmail sword.
    You get a horse to run from players. You also have 1 pot in your inventory that will only heal the horse. You get it again after 6 seconds. After placing your horse and riding it, the cool down after placing it is 20 seconds (If you ride your horse for more than 20 seconds the moment u dismount u can ride it again). You have a spawn horse to summon a horse. Also, your horse has iron horse armor.

Cost: 2000 gems.
    Armor: Red Leather Cap
    Golden Chestplate
    Iron Leggings
    Green leather Dyed boots.

You get an iron sword. Right click your diamond hoe to summon 10 zombies and 15 skeletons all with leather armor. They also can survive for a max of 10 seconds. The cool down is 15 seconds.

Armor:
    White Leather Cap and Boots.
    Iron Chestplate and Leggings

You get an iron sword.

Every time you die, you respawn as a wither skeleton.

Armor: Blue Dyed Leather Helmet
    Diamond Chestplate
    Purple leather pants
    No boots.
    You have an iron sword.
    Right clicking your sword will release a snowball known as color bomb which shall blind people for 3 seconds if they come near the bomb (this only works for enemy team).

Armor:
    Iron Helmet and Chestplate, Leather Leggings and Gold Boots.
    You have an iron sword.
    You have a blaze rod called zapper which right clicked, will shoot out a particle line which if it hits someone, gives them slowness 3 for 7 seconds.

Achivements:

Revenge: Kill 100 players.

Death Cheater: Win a game without getting killed yourself.

Slayer: Slay 1000 zombies.

Also, anyone have any ideas so this stands out from champions?

Posted Sep 1, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 4, 2019
    Thenorn and little_dude_9000 like this.
  2. 250x250 is BIG, not opposed to the idea of this game just think the map is waaaay too big. This does sound a lot like champions as well.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  3. This idea is very under developed, there are many questions to be answered.

-Spawn point
    -Where and at what rate crystals generate
    -Map example (does not have to be embroidered)
    -Negative points?
    -Bleed effect functions

Improvements:

-Shrink the map size to the 100s, a 250-block square is huge.
    -Remove the sword enchantment from Striker
    -Bomber is a better name than exploder.

-1 for now

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  4. I have added everything but the negative points. And the bleed effect gives 1 damage per second.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 2, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Yooo

This idea is very similar to Champions DOM and CTF, so I think it would help to have a go at the game if you haven't already. And also a mix of Castle Assault or (One of them anyway idk) as for the kits, I think they are very unique and would be a great addition to mineplex! So I'm kinda + 0.5 for now! Have a good day/evening/night!
    Thanks,
    xCliniqaL_

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  6. I have played DOM (Ctf is usually unplayable which is why i havent played it a lot). Ive kinda been thinking if this can be a champions gamemode since its kinda takes those aspects a bit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 2, 2019
  7. hey!
    This sounds like other players have said VERY similar to a game we already have which is Champions. It has the same type of kits where each kit has certain abilities, it has crystals, its like a knockoff. I don't really see it being implemented as a game mode in champions either due to the champions player base being the size it is it's not really big enough to split up. Thanks for the idea though! :D

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  8. Dominate has the ability to choose abilities (idk about CTF though since I haven't played there in a while since its kinda unplayable at times). And Ill see what I can do to make it unique.
    --- Post updated ---
    i made the map smaller

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 3, 2019
  9. As many players have mentioned It is similar to Champions. However, the kits are cool and they might be good for a different game (ie, Castle Siege.)
    +1

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  10. I added something new to it to make it seem more fun

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Yukine / Jacky421 likes this.
  11. I looked at them. They look very cool.
    +1

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  12. Hello there!
    I like all the effort you put into this, but I just can't see a big game like this being added into the server, due to the similarity to Champions. Yes, I know these kits are different than the ones in Champions, but I think the concept is way too similar to actually end up becoming it's own gamemode. As for adding it as another game in the DOM field, I don't think that would work very well either because as @Epicbuilder435 said, the playerbase size for Champions couldn't really afford to be divided up for another game like this to join in. Overall, I just don't think there's enough uniqueness as of now to make this a new gamemode, so unfortunately it will have to be a -1 from me. Have a good day. :)

Posted Sep 3, 2019
  13. So are you basically saying its too similar Champions (which it kind of is) and if it was moved to Champions then it may not afford to split up the playerbase?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2019
  14. I'm saying that the size of the Champions playerbase couldn't afford to be split up due to a new edition to the area, and less games would start for both of them due to that. And yes I'm also saying it's too similar.

Posted Sep 4, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  15. Thank you for further clarifying your idea, but I think crystals should spawn at least 10 blocks away from every base. If they appear too close to a spawn point, it promotes camping, which some players find annoying.

+0.5 now

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 4, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  16. Ok, i just did it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.