• 465 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2879 Players Online
  • 2414 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Assassin Class Balance Ideas

Discussion in 'Clans' started by SenseiMunchkin, May 15, 2019.

?

Do you agree with these suggestions?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

16.7%
  3. Not sure

16.7%
  1. No other classes can compete with the evasive and sometimes very powerful abilities involving the assassin, and if you manage to kill one a teammate can flash there in a matter of seconds to finish the job. I believe two specific categories need to be changed for the assassin in order to make it a balanced class in clans. It's mobility and Invisibility.

Starting with mobility, flash is dominant over blink. In order to balance these two abilities Blink should induce nausea if you pass through someone when you use the ability. This would make blink an ability that would be used in clans almost as equally as flash. On flash's side though I believe shaping it into a more during combat movement ability would best suite assassins needs. For instance instead of giving it six blocks to move, only three so you could have mobility around the player you are fighting. In order to keep up with a fast paced fight, also making the charges faster to regenerate. Doing this would have the player swapping between their axe sword, like most other classes do. Overall an assassins mobility is way too high, and is vastly superior to any other classes, and changing that would make assassin higher in mobility than other classes but also balanced with them.

Finishing with Invisibility, i'll be giving examples on how changes to Illusion and Smoke Bomb. For Illusion I believe it should be completely stripped of its invisibility, and create a dummy that stands still instead of being controlled by the player. While/if the player is distracted by the dummy, the real assassin is still very visible and can attack the distracted player. Doing this would allow the assassins intended 1v1 superiority to be more balanced with other classes going against them. Smoke bomb is a different case however, and is a very good implementation of invisibility for the class. But it is often used to cheat death, which no other class has. This ability is almost the only reason people use the sin class. It blinds the opponent and lets you get away. I believe there are two options that can be used to balance this ability. Number one, instead of blinding the player the ability would make a smokescreen that the player would need to walk out of in order to see, and make the users invisibility less transparent making their silhouette visible. Making the ability manageable by the keen eye. Second option is to remove the blindness entirely and allow the user to go invisible with a few particles coming off them when they use the ability.

Thanks for reading my thread, It is my first thread of many more

Posted May 15, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. I like your ideas on the flash and blink situation and it seems like a fun change to the class. However, I'm not sure if I would like the changes with illusion and smoke bomb.

Posted May 15, 2019
  3. Thanks for you input. Especially for clans the invisibility is a unbalanced ability that no other class has. I believe that in some way it should be nerfed making the Assassin class more balanced with the other classes. Do you have any suggestions? I'd like to know

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  4. I do agree that the assassin class should be more balanced but I'm not sure what to do about it. Its sad to see that people only use assassin when they could use all of the other sets.

Posted May 15, 2019
  5. I think evade and combo attack are more broken than the abilities listed here

I kinda agree with the illusion nerf, idrc either way; biggest issue with this move is the bug, as soon as they patch that I think the skill is fine.

I also think smokebomb is fine. I like your suggestion of it being a smokescreen instead, but if that gets added I don't think your silhouette should be visible, as that kinda ruins the point of a smokescreen. Also a thing to consider is the potential for lag; we don't want another repeat of the drop to 20fps that Minestrike's smoke bomb gives (They may have resolved that though, I haven't played ms in a while).

Posted May 15, 2019