• 3444 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11882 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

As Moderator+ | Do you enjoy moderating?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Yato, Aug 25, 2019.

?

Do you enjoy moderating

1. Yes(Please Explain)

75.0%
  2. No(Please Explain)

12.5%
  3. Other(Please Explain)

12.5%
  1. This is a question for Mod+
    Do you enjoy moderating or do you have another reason to be a mod.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  2. For me personally, it depends. At times, I love moderating, as it’s a fantastic way of helping out the community. Seeing how happy someone is when you get rid of the person ruining the game for them; well, I love that feeling. However, when you’re in Lobby-1 and have 3-4 people ridiculing you and calling you names, moderating doesn’t always seem fun. I’ve been at this for almost 2 years, so I’ve grown used to that type of thing. At the end of the day, I moderate and I do what I do on the forums because I want to; and I enjoy interacting with this community more than anything.

Posted Aug 25, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 25, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  3. That's a mood right there. Yeah, I do like moderating on most days. I personally like to interact with people, crack a few jokes and just seeing how everyone's doing. There are days where it's not so amazing like when Lobby 1 is an absolute nightmare to moderate and to enjoy at the same time. ALso some situations can leave a bitter taste in one's mouth, which may hinder a mod's enjoyment of moderating at that particular time. So it all depends but for me, most of the time I enjoy moderating a lot!

Posted Aug 25, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 25, 2019
    Yato and Caameronn like this.
  4. Definitely. One of my favourite things to do is to just moderate Lobby-1 or StaffRequest seeing as how a staff member is quite useful in those two places. Of course, there are other reasons I applied for staff and continue to remain on the team; moderating is part of the job and something I do enjoy doing.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  5. Being an ex-moderator, I can testify that hanging out in a lobby as a player is almost a different dimension compared to being in a lobby as a staff member. While as a player you can jump around the hub carelessly, only seldom look at the chat or go AFK, as staff it's pretty much constant stress when the chat is active and quick judgements are needed whether to be strict with moderating or just let it flow in spite of a few instances of spamming or caps here and there. Once control over chat is asserted it becomes much easier, but there were times when I would either call for arms or just avoid being in Lobby-1 in a large circle.

That is, of course, just the moderation aspect. What I loved the most about being part of the staff is that people often turn to you for help and advice, and it was an incredible feeling to be able to make a player's day whenever I log on. What's more, I can assure you that a large majority of the staff team shares this mindset, because it's people like these that are being recruited onto the team.

Posted Aug 25, 2019