• 3416 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11854 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Artist Rank [In-Game]

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ClqssyOwl, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Wouldn’t recognizing Mineplex’s hard workers be worth it? I mean if you think about it, Mineplex already has an ‘Artist’ Rank on the forums so why not just make the rank?

To me, I absolutely love this idea. I love how we can finally get some of Mineplex’s hardest workers recognized for what they do. This could also spike interest for other members of Mineplex to apply for an Artist position as Mineplex is seeking new Skin Creators.

Overall, +1

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  2. No. Recognition shouldn't be given to hard workers, it should only be given to the HARDEST workers with exceptional performance throughout their service. Otherwise it just feels like a consolation prize.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  3. This definitely should be added! They deserve recognition and some extra perks for all of there hard work that they do that no one see’s. Not many people know a what they’ve done and it gives them a chance to say thanks for all there hard work that they’ve done for the community!

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  4. I don't see why we shouldn't add an Artist rank in-game. Because every other position on Mineplex receives a tag, from Trainee to Support, it doesn't make sense for artists to not receive one. Plus, I feel they deserve recognition as well and, again, it doesn't make sense for Artists to be excluded from having their own rank. Although this addition isn't a priority, I can't think of reasons why there should not be an Artist rank and I'm sure a lot of us would enjoy seeing a new tag in-game.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  5. I absolutely like this idea to recognize the hard workers that work on the Marketplace.

It shouldn't just be given to the hardest workers. It should be given to all workers. If it's an artist rank, it's meant to be given to all artists. Not only the ones you just described.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  6. Honestly, I would be more than happy to have this added in-game.
    Not sure if it should be for Java as they are mostly working towards to bedrock side of the community but I would mind never the less to add this for the Java platform.
    Keep up the good work!
    ~BasicT

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  7. I think this should become a genuine rank in-game. The artist are very hard-working people that dedicate their time to come out with products to be sold on the mc market. It's not easy to make these products and it takes time and dedication. I believe they do deserve the rank in-game just so people can see what they do and be aware of who the people are.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  8. I can’t think of a single reason why this shouldn’t happen +1 for artist rank

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  9. I think this Is a great idea, I don't think we appreciate the hard work the artists do, and to be honest, there isn't much reason not to do this. Thank you to all the artists.

+1

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  10. Hey,

I like this idea and I feel the community would to, I hope it gets put into place.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  11. Artists used to have their in-game tag and I'm not sure why it was removed. I remember it being kind of a pain though for the artists because people were always asking about it. Regardless, I don't see where this would hurt anything and they deserve the recognition for their hard work. A lot of people see the artwork done on our network but don't know where it comes from, so it would be nice to recognize those individuals.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  12. Hey,

First off, I would like to say that I agree with the re-addition of the Artist rank in-game. A while ago, I remember there use to be an in-game rank for Mineplex Artists, but was removed for an unknown reason to me. I have heard people say that it was removed due to only one person being eligible for the rank, but I am certain if that's true.

I believe the addition of the Artist rank would be good, as we recognize the employees of Mineplex who are providing the artwork for the network. I believe this is important since other paid positions do have an in-game rank and are further-recognized on the server for their efforts.

+1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  13. Hey there,

Honestly I completely agree. I think that an artist rank is well deserved for the work they put into the server. This would also lead a lot of people to recognize them and give some appreciation to them for their work. This could also lead to people applying and the team growing, which is always a great thing.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  14. Hey there.

I think it is a wonderful idea to re-add the Artist rank in-game. I feel like the people that make those contributions to the community don't get acknowledged enough. Some of these employees have shown that they are capable of creating some pretty awesome artwork. With the addition of the rank, it might make other talented people interested in the job and motivate to work towards it.

I think this is an amazing idea. Definitely gets a +1 from me!

Cheers,
    Supreme

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  15. I think this is an okay idea but there's no reason why you should need the Artist rank in Java unless it is inherently Java related. Bedrock staff don't get their rank in Java so why should Bedrock Artists?

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  16. Hello helllooooo Classy!

I'm split on my decision on this, but I feel that I am leaning more towards the side that the rank should be implemented. However, I do see both sides of the coin.

As for the rank to not be in-game, the only reason I can see this is because Artists do not represent anything on the Java server. While builders do not get any super-fancy, special permissions with their rank, most of the work that they do can be seen right on the server: making the maps that we all play on in order to be able to play our most favorite games. Artists, on the other hand, do not contribute to the Java server. For this reason, I do not see it being needed on the Java server.

However, our artists do work extremely hard, and I do believe that they should be recognized for their work. Because of this, I think that it would be great to have the rank show up on Bedrock! Since the artists are mainly focusing on developing arts for our Bedrock server, I think that it would be nice to show them the respect that they deserve by giving them their own rank. Additionally, I completely agree with you about the staff rank consistency. Being an Artist, currently, is that one strange rank where you are noticed on the forums, but not in-game, and I am right with you thinking that they should be seen and noticed where they deserve it.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  17. This is something that has been discussed many times and have many arguments both for and against.

I completely understand that Builders don't really have any special perks with their rank and have it for recognition. However, I think the argument that Artists need a rank for recognition is quite different. The difference of course being that Artists are actually PAID in recognition of their work, it's not like they are doing it for free and volunteering to do it, whereas Builders are (apart from Marketplace builders but it would make no sense to take their rank away now).

Also of course there is the argument that they should only receive the rank on Bedrock as they don't actually work on Java, nor have anything to do with Java. just as I only have MOD on Java as I do not work on Bedrock and have nothing to do with Bedrock.

Finally, looking at this thread it seems to have been stated a few times that this would push people to apply for Artist. However, the negative side of this is that people applying would have the wrong intentions. Artists should apply if they are passionate about making skins and would really be interested in doing so for the marketplace, not because they will get a blue tag in game.

In conclusion, I think this is just rather unnecessary as Artists are actually paid in recognition for their work and don't need a rank.

And if this were to be added I agree that it should only be Bedrock exclusive to keep the "Staff Rank Consistency".

Thanks for taking the time to make this thread :))

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Yato and Sakeusi like this.
  18. Hello,
    I think this would be a nice addition to recognize our wonderful artists here at Mineplex. Not only would it be nice to have them be recognized by the rank, but it having this rank in game could help players learn more about the marketplace team and being an artist. This would happen because, as each rank does, Artist rank would have a short description of what an Artist is when you hover over the rank in chat. Perhaps it can even link players to jobs.mineplex.com. Overall, I think this would be great for several reasons, and I think it is worth a shot to add in game. Thanks for suggesting this, its a +1 from me!

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  19. Heyo!

I think this would be a good little update. Artists are paid positions, so they should have some recognition, too.
    Long story short, this is a +1.
    Have a great day/night!

Posted Sep 2, 2019
  20. I think it gets a little controversial to add these sorts of ranks, because there are a lot of other hard-working branches of Mineplex that most people wouldn't know about, but there are so many positions that it also wouldn't make sense to add them all. The ranks in game make a lot of sense, since staff that are online are there to help you, and their rank expresses that. But for artists, I think it would be weird because they don't serve much role in-game, rather just the slight appearance of the game in bedrock, specifically speaking about skin artists. Artists that create content other than skins wouldn't find any of their art in-game, that is left for the builders (builder rank makes more sense in game to me, because without the maps, there is no game). I think it would be best if this wasn't added, just to keep things clean and have things make more sense in the context of in-game. The forum rank is enough.

Posted Sep 15, 2019