• 4151 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13627 Players Online
  • 9476 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Art Thread (Ongoing)

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Mar 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I was messaged on Discord about what art I've been up to, and being that most things are on halt, I figured now is a pretty good time to share. I am aware it has been a mere few weeks, but there isn't a great amount keeping me occupied this week :) hopefully that's fine.

These were all made by combining traditional watercolor, pastel, India ink & digital retouching/post-editing.
    I'll just make this an ongoing art thread I think

Scary times we live in. Stay safe, stay healthy <3
    -Iscariot / Banksy

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Posted Mar 17, 2020
    Mitsoko, Archertect, Specy and 10 others like this.
  2. Oooh I've missed your art, but dude this is amazing!!! Its so vivid and lifelike, on the first two you did an incredible job with the shadowing and lighting, it looks insane, and the detail on each one of these pieces is absolutely incredible. You also nailed the coloring, everything works so well and it makes for a really amazing image. This is just absolutely stunning! Hopefully you post more stuff soon :) great work Ian

Posted Mar 17, 2020
    Iscariot and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  3. Thank you!! I'll post maybe every now and then, like I said I have some time right now haha

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 18, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  4. These are very good artworks, I really like it. I want to post my own artworks here as well, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to do so. Do you think you can help me out?

Posted Mar 19, 2020
    Iscariot and Korben (gone) like this.
  5. Very good artwork... Truly a gifted talent, keep it up!

Posted Mar 19, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  6. Of course! Message me, I'll help you out :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 19, 2020
  7. Messaged you

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  8. oh wow those are indeed, very d o p e

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  9. It looks very good! Very different than what I am used to, but it looks amazing. I hope to see more of your art in the future.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  10. Wow, this looks so impressive! I already knew how good you were when it came to art but I had NO IDEA you were this good at drawing!! I'm not even joking when I say it would take me 5 years to at least make one of these!! I like the crane one out of them all the most. I don't know why but the orange color makes it look so much better to me at least! I also love the flowers one, I don't wanna even know how long that one took to make!!

Really interested in seeing more of this art from you in the future! Stay safe!!

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Iscariot and xGetRektedx like this.
  11. omg, this looks amazing!! I've seen some of your artwork before and you never fail to surprise me! My favorites are the road with the trees on the side and the crane. The different colors of the leaves make it come to life and the water on the ground looks so nice. If I had drawn it, it would probably look like a random blue dash across the ground, but you made it look so real! As for the crane, I love the colors you used. The orange lines are absolutely amazing and it makes the picture look so much better, especially with that orange circle which I think is the sun? in the background. Love these, keep it up!!

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Iscariot and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  12. Halló Scarlet! The two you mentioned are both inspired by New York, with the first being somewhat of a Central Park dreamscape, and the second being construction outside my dad's apartment when I was a kid. The park one is titled "Puddle Jumpers" — very good catch on noticing the water! The orange used for the second one was definitely a little bit of trial & error. I knew I wanted to use grey and orange but figuring out the specific color orange had a few attempts. The circle is the sun, at least in my opinion :) Thank you so much!!

@Klobby Hi! I want to respond and answer your question about the flower one (Parrot Petals) which took in total about 4.5 hours. Drawing was about 3 hours and then I spent 1.5 hours coloring & color grading (which always takes long, I get very specific!)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and Klobby like this.
  13. Woah, that's really impressive! I absolutely love it and I can't imagine seeing you be able to draw something like it in just under 5 hours! Those 1.5 hours of coloring really paid off in the end :D

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.