• 1076 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5228 Players Online
  • 4152 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Arena Gladiators Game: Rewards?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Swifx, Jul 8, 2019.

1. What do you guys think? Adding rewards, like gems or something, maybe 5-20 gems, yes this could be abused: but making it a low amount or perhaps shards would change it, let me know what you think!

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  2. Hey!
    I actually like this idea a lot because it makes Glads mean more, I also think maybe the longer of a streak you have the more rewards (like 5 more gems a win) and if you leave mid fight streak resets. I have seen this idea in the past and I think it should definitely be implemented soon. Great Idea! +1

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  3. I'm really hoping that they update gladiators so it gives you some type of rewards, and I like how both you and @Epicbuilder435 phrased it. I also hope that they either add a way to see your stats for Gladiators, or if not, at least a leaderboard with various options, such as lifetime wins, weekly, and daily. Huge +1 from me.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  4. Very good idea!

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  5. Heyo!

I like this idea a lot. As @Epicbuilder435 said, you could get a reward for the amount of win streaks you could get. However, I can see there being a lot of issues with this idea. The main one being people could get alts and abuse the feature, so I'm not too sure how this could work out, but I do like the idea and think it gives players all the more reason to play Lobby Gladiators. I give this idea a 0.5 due to the possibility of players abusing it.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  6. I mean I like the idea, but as you said it could be easily abused. And lowering the gems/changing the currency you receive to shards wouldn't really change it all that much. Even for win streaks, you could still easily abuse this to giving yourself rewards or having a friend purposely throw the game for you. I just think the cons outweigh the pros in this scenario.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  7. But, any game could be used to be abused to get a winning streak. Like in Cake Wars, you can get your friend to farm you for kills to help you with achievements.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  8. But it's not as easy as afking in a lobby for a lobby glads win streak. There's 16 players in cakewars, 2 in gladiators.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  9. But it would depend if they had to 1 v 1 their friends though.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  10. People would find lobbies to queue against them purposefully. It's how stat boosters work.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  11. Hey!
    Honestly, I really like this idea. This would give players an incentive to play the game. Since the QOL update that added the queueing system, lobbies are more full of players who are either waiting to join their games, chatting or simply just wandering around. Adding a reward would give people the incentive to play gladiators while they wait. As others have said, the reward should give given based upon winning streaks. However, as others have also brought up, there is the problem of bringing on a friend or an ALT to simply win and gain rewards. However, I don't believe that this completely disqualifies this idea. Since you are now gaining from playing the game, the rule of Stat Boosting could be widened to incorporate arena gladiators. I'm not sure if that's the best solution, but it certainly would prevent "free wins." Overall, I think that this is a good idea, and I'd love to see some sort of reward added for winning arena gladiators!

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  12. This is way too easy to abuse. It's not hard to get 1 alt on, have it stand afk in the arena and farm for these rewards. Unless a system is implemented to prevent this I don't see this as a good idea. Even if something was to be added, say you can't 1v1 the same player twice in a row you could still just switch lobbies. So overall I don't really know how to make this work without it being easy to abuse. -1.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  13. Ok, for a start, I see where this is coming from. It would be pretty cool to gain rewards from a Gladiators match, but there are a few issues. For a start, it could be easily abused. For example, a pair of friends could just take turns killing each other (taking his armor off and dying in a couple of seconds). If they took turns, they'd both get sufficient rewards. I'd suggest doing like a streak sort of thing. For example, if you get 5-10 wins in a row, you get some gems. And although this could be abused as well, it could be minimized by giving a small reward. Overall, I think there are a few issues with this, but with the correct changes, it could be brought to something. Therefore, I'll be giving this a +0.5.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  14. Good idea! I love the streak idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 10, 2019
  15. Yo!

I like the idea of receiving some type of reward from lobby glds even if it is small, but it isn’t necessary to add one. I’d be happy with or without one. As for the rewards, I’m not too keen about giving out shards however I’m fine with rewarding gems. Shards are more desired since they’re used to purchase Treasure Chests so if were to have a shard reward I can see players being more inclined to abuse it and farm it. I know it’s pretty far fetched to say “oh someone is going to abuse lobby glads to buy illuminated chest!1!” but the reward is only approximately 5-10 shards. Lets be real, who is going to spend hours grinding lobby glads for a treasure chest? At least from my personal experience as a moderator, people attempt to stat boost in games that offer a substantial increase of rewards (CW/SKY/BR/any game not lobby game) and I don’t see people devoting their time to stat boost in lobby glads when there’s are better games to stat boost in. Or they could actually play the game lol. I’m not promoting stat boosting or saying “go stat boost in this game!1!1!” but I’m saying that it’s not as likely to be abused if the reward is so small that it can’t be used to obtain chests alone. It would take FOREVER to stat boost for some shards in lobby glads when you could earn more shards by playing another game and I just don’t see people wasting their time to attempt to earn shards.

Overall, I’m neutral on the idea. I can see why people would want rewards, but I also see the potential for stat boost for rewards if we make the reward too high. I’d be fine with us adding some sort of stats to it just to see how many wins we have, a streak, games played, etc. I don’t see us giving a reward for lobby gld even though I personally think that the probability of someone stat boosting is low since it is still a potential problem if it were to be implemented.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Swifx likes this.
  16. Thank you for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 10, 2019
  17. Hey, I really like this idea, a reward system to gladiators would make it more interesting and a lot of fun, but It could be easily abused in many ways, but with some changes and tweaks it could become a better idea and maybe put into mp

Posted Jul 11, 2019