• 648 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9086 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Area 51 Siege

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by HeyItsAdam, Jul 25, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With all of the hype and coverage around the Area 51 raids in September, why not capitalize on it and make an "entire" gamemode out of it!

Not much even has to be done. The exact same code for Castle Siege (with a few tweaks to make it more area 51-ish) could realistically be used. The defenders team (rename to military guards?) would be equipped with M4's, ported right from Minestrike!

Since Area 51 isn't much like any current CS maps, there of course would have to be a new map made @Landon thank you. I could definitely see a lot of creativity coming from this, with many references to "things" found in Area 51 being around the map.

A new resource pack could be made too cause I don't think that millennials are zombies as much as the media enjoys portraying them as such! And, of course, defenders would have some cool military skins or whatever

question: wouldn't this be extremely one-sided and unfair? yes!
    to fix this, the military defenders will be outnumbered by the rushers 5-1

question: is this ironic? no!

have a good day and make sure to leave a potato if i helped

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  2. Man I sure do love playing my favorite Mineplex game, Minestrike! Playing on the terrorist team is so fun! I gotta find the right time to place the bomb, but somehow I always get stabbed in the back or spotted and shot at with rifles, but I'll keep trying so someday I'll be a successful bomb planter and join the league!

Wait this is Area 51 with Castle Siege elements... wasn't there something inappropriate about this?

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    Eroil, hazeae24 and HeyItsAdam like this.
  3. It would be cool for the memes but idk if mineplex would want to promote people going to area 51.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  4. Exactly this would be doing the opposite because people would be seeing all of the horrors of it

unironically though i highly doubt that anyone that will play this will voluntarily go to area 51 just cause of this alone

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 25, 2019
  5. I'm all for castle siege! And area 51 memes! Probably have been two of my favorite things at some point. And I feel like this would be fun, but like @bestjoedavena said, I don't know if that should be promoted because some people might actually believe it, but if it is done in a way that doesn't promote it, i don't see what's wrong!

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  6. idk about you, but if an obviously fake and simulated raid on Area 51 in a Minecraft game is enough to promote you to actually raid Area 51, maybe the problem is you and not the game?

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    HeyItsAdam likes this.
  7. Hey.

This seems pretty cool and all of that, and I'd really love to see it being implemented; however, I don't feel like there's enough development power to do this. It's also basically a "remake" of Castle Siege, and that game has been denied multiple times. It's not going to be readded, and making a remake out of it isn't going to realistic.

Another reason why I think that this isn't necessary is that the whole "Area 51" raid stuff is simply not that big of an event. It's not like it's "set in stone" to happen every year, such as valentines week, but it's going to happen once. Having a gamemode a few days, in my opinion, is a waste of development time and work.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  8. Bro, Area 51 memes are inappropriate, bro! Why would Mineplex associate itself with a meme that is inappropriate, bro?! Think of the kids!

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  9. I do agree with most of your thread but

[​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 25, 2019
  10. Idea implemented, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.