• 1892 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4471 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Are we ever gonna get any more new maps?

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by TimmyP, Mar 25, 2019.

1. You released the 3 new levels over a year ago, during the bugs where everyone was invisible and it stayed that way for a couple months. So many of us didn't get to enjoy them much when they dropped.

Its my understanding that Java has an additional map, if this is true are there any plans to port this to BE? Are there any new levels being worked on? I realize Block Hunt isnt a priority but ...please?

Posted Mar 25, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  2. Maybe I'll need to make a map for Block Hunt. Don't know if it will be accepted though. The issue is Block Hunt isn't popular on Java which pretty much means no new maps will come.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    TimmyP likes this.
  3. I'm sure a few new maps will be added, but not frequently. As @NovaDoesMC stated, BH isn't that popular on Java, so many wouldn't see a reason to add any new maps.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    TimmyP likes this.
  4. Yeah, the real issue is the fact they are only going to add maps where both servers have a high player count on. Bedrock games are pretty much all evenly split so this means essentially only popular Java games will get new maps which will be ported to Bedrock.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    TimmyP likes this.
  5. I dont completely understand why Bedrock wouldn't be priority? Its on so many platforms and cross compatible and all that. Bedrock has definitely seen a reverse in direction in terms of player count recently too.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. There probably isn't a priority, because Mineplex updates both regularly.

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  7. I did see someone asking for reviews on a new Block Hunt map (link), so if they submit and get accepted they'll be at least one soon!

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  8. You'll probably get some new maps at some point, as we received a bunch recently on java. Here is the list of all the BH java maps. I believe the last one you got were Frozen Outpost, Eclipse Town, The Museum and Vineyard Mills. There are 2 new maps on java which have yet to be released on bedrock, which are Hidden Fields by powh & fxnki, as well as Lylinore Forest by Skreb. There might be a third one, although I'm not sure: is Spadazalin's Spring by McCharity live on bedrock?
    Anyway, don't worry about bedrock block hunt, it's not getting forgotten, it's just that it takes a while for java maps to arrive on bedrock!

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  9. Lol, I have actually tried to make a cake wars map, but I don't know how to do link to map download. It was an "Around the World" Theme.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  10. This is Block Hunt maps; and I'm sure someone or a builder could help you with that

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  11. Heya!

For the longest time Java only had 2 maps (Cookie Town and Pirate Island) and it alternated between those two maps forever. I'm not too sure how often Block Hunt is actually updated but I know it's starting to be updated a lot more frequently these days! In 2015 the poor game got nothing, even when the server was at it's peak.

From what I can see Bedrock Block Hunt isn't all that popular. So I doubt much will happen in the foreseeable future but I'm not in on any new updates therefore I can't be sure.

I hope there are some more maps added soon:)

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  12. It's better in players then MS, SSM, and Champions when the server has a lot of players and sometimes the other intermediate games

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  13. Yes, but BH needs ~20 players to start, whereas SSM takes 4. Thus, more games of SSM are played than BH, making it more important at the moment.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  14. Weird flex but ok

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  15. Dead meme, but ok

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  16. Not sure where you're getting this statistic/idea from. At the moment, there are 3.5k bedrock players, 235 of them playing BH! This makes it the #5 played game on there, behind CW, Creative housing, BLD and Survival Mode... Considering there are ± 20 games on there, it seems to me to be one of the most popular games!

But yeah, new maps have been made, for some reasons it always takes a while for java maps to be added on bedrock...

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  17. There is a dev team for bedrock and a dev team for java so there isn’t priority between the two.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  18. Heyaaaaa,

Just saying it because it's not the most popular game. Block Hunt needs quite a lot of players to start, when you compare it to the other games (excluding CW) that you listed.

Also, it probably isn't a priority at the moment due to the popularity of Cake Wars on the Bedrock server. It's similar to what's happening on Java, the most popular game will be getting all the updates. The less popular ones will just have to wait a while longer. It's smart for marketing and will keep the vast majority of players satisfied with the game which they enjoy the most. Which in this case is not Block Hunt, but statically is Cake Wars.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  19. why y'all saying bh isn't popular even if it has 20 per game you can still find a game way easier in the que then some others
    --- Post updated ---
    Sometimes dead memes can be funny because of the irony, ok

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  20. Like big chungus?

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    DC_20 and Acerna like this.