• 700 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3279 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Archived Stats

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Offline, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Heyo people! After a very long ban, I wanted to bounce back with an idea I’ve contemplated suggesting for a while; Archived Stats. Like many others, I’m trying to get every single achievement on Mineplex. Not because I want the kits, but more so to make my /stats look nice (I like green colors). I’ve been having trouble in accomplishing this since there are many games such as “Bawk Bawk Battles” which have been removed and replaced (aka. there are no plans to reimplement them).

How can we fix this? Like the Mixed Arcade “folder” in the stats menu, there should be another “folder” in the bottom left of the menu that houses all the stats for games that have been lost in time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One complaint that a lot of people who are OG would have is “What about my stats? I earned the achievements, so my stats shouldn’t be removed from the display.” This is why I’m only suggesting a relocation to tidy things up a little more. All the stats would stay in the GUI, just be moved to a different section.

TLDR: Move all the non-playable games to a Mixed Arcade-like menu in /stats.

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    Zybril, Im_Ken, Crazyy_Tim and 4 others like this.
  2. Hello!

I would love to see the stats menu fixed up a little bit! I can see where you are coming from, and totally agree with this idea! I think this would definitely make the the player stats more cleaned up and organized than they currently are. This could definitely be a system that cleans up the system!

Just like Hero's of Gwen, Wizards, Gem Hunters, Sky fall, and other games that are currently not playable on Mineplex are taking up room on the stats page, and you cannot even change anything on those games, so I do not see a point for them to be on the main stats page. Your system could definitely work by organizing the archived games, and putting them into a section where these games can still be found. Just not on the main page that all your current stats that are changing frequently when playing the games. I really like your example shown, and think it would be perfect in the next spot available on the stats page.

While this is a short and simple idea that organizes the archived game stats from the current game stats. It could be easier to navigate, and could create more room on the stats page for different games and ideas in the future. As of right now I will be giving this idea a +1! Thank you for suggesting!

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  3. This idea sounds intriguing; I like the idea of organising the /stats GUI and I think it'll be a nice QoL change to the GUI. Similar changes have been suggested over the past regarding changing/grouping of games in /stats and I'm totally with it! I think it makes the GUI look more pleasant and it definitely makes it easier to navigate around the GUI. But I don't think we save information regarding temporary games such as Rose Rush, Halloween Havoc, or Christmas Chaos (I think we just temporarily save information for these games just like recently with the advent), so I'm not sure whether we can implement this to its fullest extent. However, I'm not against grouping games such as Wizards, Gem Hunters, Heroes of GWEN and Bawk Bawk Battles that are all available in the GUI currently into a sub-folder/GUI. Overall, I'll give this idea a +1

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  4. That is an excellent idea you have, Offline! If one or more games that were no longer playable, it should move to the archived stats automatically. I'm hoping the Developers will going to approve this idea. I love your GUI layout that is creative, and I approve of this idea. Overall, I agree with the new GUI stats update! +1

Posted Jan 23, 2020
  5. Hi there!

I agree! :D This idea is super smart. There are so many achievements people have sitting on there page that they just simply can't fill in, I believe the players have a right to have these stats moved. I like the idea that you didn't want to completely remove them because when those games were out I'm sure some of the players had all the achievements or would just like to have them there. I really like this idea and would love to see it added! Great suggestion! :D +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 23, 2020
  6. Really appreciate the support guys! Much love
    Also to add to the OP this sort of moving around things in /stats wouldn't be a challenge to implement since it's just moving around slots in the code and the new GUI ”folder” is essentially a copy of MA ”folder” code.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 24, 2020
  7. Hello!

I see that just adding stats of removed games is pointless because it's rather better to update the whole GUI of stats at all to make it looks better in everything but not just changing one item how you are suggesting.

Idea thread about overhauling stats GUI was suggested by me almost a year ago (February 23, 2019) and one of the points of this thread was a section about Discontinued Games or how you called it here - "archived games", so I would like to quote it from my thread here to show how I wanted to do that:
    Basically, it's the same how you suggested that in this thread but in my idea I want to put to this page not only discontinued (archived) games which are already on stats GUI right now but also, games which used to be in the stats menu (MC League, Type Wars and OITQP) and one game which we didn't have (Gravity). Also, according to my idea, I didn't want to have game pages for these games (like where you could see achievements), so you will be able to see the statistics only when hovering on the game in this menu, but I don't mind if game pages for these games too will be added too, just like for other normal games.

Overall, +1 to this idea as it was something which I suggested myself but as I said in the beginning, it's better to update the whole GUI as I suggested in my thread which you can find here but not only do what's suggested here.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    Nicodami likes this.
  8. Hey! I had no idea this was previously suggested, but I see your point. In my opinion, I don't think a whole stats revamp needs to be done since there's something nice about the simplicity of the current page.

I feel like if you want to look at all the specific stats then you can go to the website. /stats is more of a quick glance.

OP OP
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  9. But if you will watch closely what I suggested is almost the same as the current stats menu but with some small improvements and adjustments to make it look more modern and like other GUIs. Stats menu is something which never was changed since the original implementation in 2014 besides adding and removing games from it, so I believe it's time now to update it, just like it has been done with friends GUI in 2018 and with communities in 2019.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    Offline likes this.
  10. I definitely agree with this idea. In addition, I think there should be an ability to put other stats in this folder if you do not want to see stats for certain games. Another suggestion I have for the /stats is that every game could be grouped into folders based on the type of game it is. For example PVP based games such as Skywars, Cakewars could be grouped into PVP. And games like Nano Games and Draw My Thing could be grouped into Non-PVP.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  11. I don't think it's really needed to let players hide stats from the specific games by putting them to "folders". Additionally, it does not really need to group games to PVP and Non-Pvp categories as it can confuse players and won't look so great, so I think it's better to group games just like it's made in compass GUI and which I used in my stats GUI overhaul idea thread. Also, Nano Games it's both PVP and Non-PVP games.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  12. I've seen this idea being suggested before, and I honestly don't see a reason to not add it. I'd support a stats GUI revamp, and separating removed games, by giving them their own folder, would definitely be a useful. This idea definitely has my support :)

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  13. Hey!
    I agree with Ken, I think it would be a really useful thing to implement and this idea has my Vote!

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  14. I mean let's be honest if Ken agrees then it has to be put into the network xD

OP OP
    Im_Ken likes this.
  15. I agree. Separating the available games from the removed games would make the GUI cleaner and I think it will help newer players understand that some games were removed. Luckily this was suggested a while ago and approved, therefore, I will be marking this thread as "Processed". I will leave this thread open for further discussion. If you have any more ideas feel free to write another thread.

Processed

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    NoHacksJustGavin likes this.