• 124 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1752 Players Online
  • 1628 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Archer Meta?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by WinterBeyond, May 6, 2020.

1. Ever since the nerf of the Frosting kit, removing the slowness from snowballs I have noticed more people playing with the archer kit, including myself. I believe that it really gives you an advantage over Frosting because not only does it deal high damage but, it allows you to snipe people from very far ranges and easily hold someone back from pushing. In closer-quarters it can also be used quite easily if you are used to it. If you can aim well and know how to use the bow well it can easily outplay Frosting. In the end it all comes down to personal preference and specific scenarios where the Archer kit might be stronger than the Frosting kit and vice versa.

Do you agree with me? Is Archer somewhat of new meta to play instead of Frosting?

Posted May 6, 2020
    Polar8 and RainbowUnicornGM like this.
  2. I can agree that archer is certainly viable and a suitable counter to frosting if used correctly, but I wouldn't call it meta. Frosting still greatly outperforms it at close range if both users are at similar skill levels, and archer loses it's value over time, especially mid/late game once arrows more or less lose their damage advantage due to people having armour. I think frosting is still a more valuable choice. Overall though, even without suffo builder is still by far the most popular and easy to win with, which I think points to it still retaining it's place as the meta.

Posted May 6, 2020
  3. In my opinion, the archer is current meta cuz its suitable for any situation and ill list some pros and cons

pros
    -you can boost urself -> gain extra speed or make harder jumps.
    -You get bow after death even tho you didn't buy one.
    -you don't lose bow after death
    -if you know how to use a bow like a rod you can easily outplay any frost.
    -Holding mid with archer is so damn easy and watching any1 who tries to go for sides.
    -When the bow is fully charged it breaks wool which helps att breaking enemy cake defenses and idk this is kinda glitch but shooting block under some1 who is bridging makes Gwen kick them for suspicious movement so there is that.
    -finally, arrows are now cheaper so there is that.

cons
    -so I dunno anything else than takes 6sec for next arrow.

soo archer is de meta atm and I might have forgotten something or haven't discovered it so feel free to tell me ur opinion.

Posted May 7, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM likes this.
  4. Hey there!

From a lot of personal experience I'd have to disagree with this statement. Archer kit is no doubt the superior kit for numerous reasons ever since snowballs were nerfed. In a duos game scenario, where you or your teammate mains archer, and a tryhard team joins your game as well as spawns next to you, it's already over for them. The strategy with this is that the player who's currently archer kit gets stacked bricks right at the beginning of the match and then uses the arrows that are automatically generated for them through using the kit to hit off their side beacon team, which delays them from getting any beacons. While this strategy is exceedingly annoying for enemy teams, it's also very effective.

Unlike Frosting kit, the archer kit provides you with the option to upgrade the bow throughout the game by capturing the middle beacon and attaining power 1 and 2. This will counter and keep up with players later on in the game who get a higher tier of armor (iron or diamond).

In standard CW mode the Frosting kit may be more of a better option. While you could still shoot off enemy players near you, it wouldn't be as effective as in duos because of the fact that there's 4 players instead of only 2. However in duos CW, archer kit is definitely the way to go.

Posted May 7, 2020
    Polar8 and RainbowUnicornGM like this.
  5. Archer can be a great counter to frosting in duos for sure, but builder is going to be more valuable every time. Even if you immediately stack bricks to go straight for a bow, that gives a builder enough time to already take the generator or even get to mid. This gives them the advantage in both upgrades and equipment and even if they lose the beacon later on it's quite easy to get around archers if you have deploy platforms or pearls. The only situation in which I see archers as having a huge advantage is if the entire other team went frosting or warrior (or a combination of the two). But even then, many frostings will be able to easily take back any beacons if they manage to get past the bridge (deploy platforms are their best bet, but tbh I don't have much issue just stopping and baiting out arrow shots). I would also like to say that even with power 1 and 2 the damage is really minimal against iron and diamond armour, especially if they have any prot enchantment.

Posted May 7, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  6. For players who aren't as comfortable or familiar with using a bow, yes, I completely agree with you on the fact that builder kit would be a better suited option for the those who fall into that category. However, when you said "Even if you immediately stack bricks to go straight for a bow, that gives a builder enough time to already take the generator or even get to mid" that's not true.

In most map cases, if a player wanted to rush middle as quick as possible they would need to buy 32 wool, which has a value of 6 bricks. A bow costs 12 bricks and with the other teammate stacking the one with the bow, they would be able to buy it at the same time the enemy team bought their wool and began to rush.

Even when building a bridge with platforms, it's easy for a skilled archer player to hit them off because there aren't many places to go on a 3x3 platform.

Also, even if the enemy team somehow got passed the arrows, if the archer's teammate is builder, they would already be at the beacon, and the enemy would have taken at least some arrow damage, which would make them lose the 1v1 battle for the beacon and overall still not be able to capture it.

Posted May 7, 2020
  7. Heyo!

I personally agree with this and I don't like the changes that have been made to builder and froster kits. This reminds me of when a lot of kits were nerfed on Survival games way back and it made archer the best kit because every other kit didn't do much. I feel like cake wars is taking a similar approach to that by nerfing suffocation from builder and taking away slowness effects from froster. Archer is great for fending off possible threats and as you said if you are good enough it can even be used for short-range. I think that a nerf is called for. I have always believed that archer has always been an annoying kit but I believe that more than ever now.

Posted May 7, 2020
  8. It doesn't seem meta to me. Archer kit may seem meta to you, because it annoys some players, maybe yourself as well. If it annoys you enough, you may think everyone is using it. A good way to put it is if you're watching TV and the channel plays a lot of Burger King commercials during a certain time, you may think they are playing too many Burger King commercials. But, in reality, you are just watching whenever the Burger King commercial is being played.

You are correct about its usage being higher due to less Frosting kits being around though. However, I wouldn't say the Archer kit is meta because I still see other kits being used just as equally. I personally use warrior and I am speaking from experience because Cake Wars is one of my most played games.

If needed, I wouldn't mind seeing the Frosting kit get a small buff. I just don't want the buff to be too huge, I don't have any specific ideas though. Good luck and stay safe!

Posted May 7, 2020
  9. If you are builder you don't need to wait for the 6 bricks, just the 3 to get to the closest generator island. You will get enough platforms and blocks naturally while you are taking the side island to make it to mid on a lot of maps (<--in duos, in standard you can just go straight to mid). Also on a 3x3 platform it will generally take more than one bow shot to hit you off unless you are jumping or at the edge of it. Once they hit you or miss, you can really just sprint across when they draw another arrow. Or you can just spam more plats if for some reason 3x3 isn't big enough.

In the case that a team has a builder and an archer, that's not really an archer is super good issue, that's just showing that it's good to diversify kits and that no one kit will be the ultimate meta. But also in that case, thats assuming the other team is 1v1ing a player while under bow fire, which neglects that he also has a teammate that could be with him or already capping middle if they were both builder.

Posted May 7, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.