• 320 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4861 Players Online
  • 4541 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Archer Kit Bow Cooldown

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by D3ft, Jun 25, 2020.

?

Should a bow cooldown be implemented to cakewars

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Yes, with changes

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. No, bows are fine

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. Hey! I've been playing a lot of cakewars recently, and I personally see an issue with the archer kit, / bows in general. I definitely don't want the archer kit/bows to become unviable, but the biggest issue is that it is viable at long and short ranges, and makes it almost impossible to cross bridges against someone. Yes, this is where the archer kit is supposed to shine but I feel a .5 or 1-second cooldown would make the kit much more fun to play against and more rewarding to those players who can hit their shots as the archer kit. Let me know your thoughts and whether or not you'd like this idea as a cakewars update.

Posted Jun 25, 2020
  2. Hey there!
    Honestly, I feel like the archer kit is good the way it is. I don't think there should be a cooldown for bows. It simply wouldn't make it fair for players who pick to play this kit. If there were to be a cooldown on the archer kit, there should be a cooldown for builder platforms, frosting, and so on. It wouldn't make sense to add a cooldown on one kit and not the rest, just because you don't want them spamming arrows. Players with builder and frosting kit can also spam platforms and snowballs.
    This idea isn't bad at all, but if this were to be added, it should be for all the kits and not only for archer.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 25, 2020
  3. Yes I agree. If ur having trouble with them now spamming u when ur trying to cross a bridge try breezing (block spam right below ur feet whilst sprinting and jumping.) Then it’s really hard for them to hit u.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  4. *bow not now

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  5. MrScaryClaws I know that but it's easy for a one-sided defense. I'm personally fine with the cooldown for Frosting and Builder, there's already a cooldown for new spawns on warrior. It would prioritize skill over spam

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2020
  6. Hey there!

After playing a bit of Cake Wars the past couple of weeks I agree that archer should get a slight nerf. Personally I do not think that a cool down will be the best way to go about this though, mainly because if an archer is shooting at someone and ends up missing, there is practically nothing they can do but allow that person to continue walking/running in the direction they are going. I honestly think the a cool down will just give a huge advantage. I think the best way to nerf the archer kit is to make it so they do not spawn with a bow. I think this will work the best because archers can still use the same play style but they will not be able to just spawn and immediately start bow spamming, they will have to wait a bit.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  7. That's how it was pre-buff and archer wasn't viable at all. You shouldn't need to buy from the shop every life to make your kit useful.

Personally, I think the kit is fine as is- I have minimal issue with archers bridge camping and find it very manageable to either bait out arrows or construct safer bridges. However, it has been complained about enough that I wouldn't really be against a nerf in say, arrow regeneration.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    Loofii and Truthhs like this.
  8. This is a hard disagree from me. A lot of tweaks and changes have been made to the Archer kit throughout its time on Mineplex to make it both viable and balanced. Any sort of cooldown would, in my opinion, remove viability of the kit. First and foremost, anyone can acquire bows & arrows, regardless of kit, which means that either Archer would have a substantial disadvantage when using their own intended tools against players of other kits who purchased them, or all bows would have a cooldown. All bows having a cooldown would make the item as a whole worth a lot less, especially when it's already expensive early game for non-Archers. This is not, in my opinion, a change that would benefit gameplay.

Further, there are plenty of counters to bow-spamming currently allowed for in gameplay, including enderpearling to your destination, making a wide bridge of platforms, hitting them with a snowball to throw them off their rhythm, purchasing your own bow to counter them, gapping up to prevent unnecessary damage while you're running at them, bridging above them with platforms so they can't get a shot on you, having a teammate distract them while you bridge from the opposite side, etcetera. In fact, the existence of bow-spamming in fact encourages more diverse games and gameplay, via these strategies. Overall this is definitely a -1 from me.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  9. Hello!

Personally, I think nothing should be changed whatsoever with bows and the archer kit. Usually, bows are very useful and good to get away from the party of four destroying people who don't. I don't exactly know why but most of the people who play cake wars appear to not use parties, and because I got harassed for making the suggestion to split parties into different teams I think this would make it even more unbalanced than it already is. To more technical & strategic terms, there are many ways to counter a bow as previously stated. Because of this, I am going to give this a -1.

-Ajay

Posted Jun 30, 2020