• 285 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5243 Players Online
  • 4958 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Arcade games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by traincar100, May 1, 2021.

Tags:
?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. For Java arcade games. They are not getting many players (usually 0) except for the ones that are featured in the hub like turf wars. I think there needs to be a better way to advertise they are there so they can possibly get more players. For example the bomb game (can’t think of name) usually gets zero players.

Posted May 1, 2021
    Ian923, Pangaea_ and Paladise like this.
  2. Hello!

Ideas similar to this suggested have been made in the past regarding somehow advertising the Arcade Games. Unfortunately I’m not 100% the result of those threads or what CCOs opinions are on the topic. I think if you are passionate about this idea, you should brainstorm a couple of different ways Mineplex could do this. This way, other forum users can provide their feedback on specific ideas, rather than general topics.

Posted May 1, 2021
  3. Why don't devs boost exp for specific games? Like back during christmas when all games had double exp but for the specific arcade games not featured in the hub? The only concern is I'm unsure how many people would play them if they don't have their own lobbies.

-Also, I still really like the old gem fountain approach where (in this case) one game could be featured every weekend (from arcade that isn't in the hub), with booster exp. Every weekend that gem fountain could be open a different arcade game(which isn't in lobby), like Monster maze, milk the cow, and wither assault could be played with double exp.

Unfortunately my main concern with this is that games such as Wither assault and milk the cow (most specifically) wouldn't be played because these games are often forgotten/ disliked. This is just my opinion as they don't even have a spot on /stats. If the arcade game isn't "fun enough" or played by enough people I think it should probably just stay in the arcade rotation and maybe not be highlighted or else it may just become like UHC most of the time. What I mean by this is that UHC is a very fun game that I like, but it isn't enjoyed enough to always constantly have players in it. It often has 0 players like many of the arcade games you are talking about.

Posted May 1, 2021
  4. So I was thinking something like cubecraft on Java. Except we would keep all the arcade games but they could rotate out every day or something.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 1, 2021
  5. Do you have any specific suggestions for how the server can better advertise the arcade games? I agree that there could be something that could help the games get more players; there has been a lot of discussion for how that could be done, but nothing really clear has happened. It's definitely upsetting that a lot of the games consistently get no players, so I agree that there should be a better way to advertise them.

What exactly do you mean by this? Many of us don't play Cubecraft (including myself) so I'd elaborate on this a bit more. What ideas do you have in mind that could help the server better advertise these games?

Posted May 1, 2021
  6. So basically how it works is it has different arcade games but they switch every couple days to a different game. I think it could be like that where it shuffles a featured game but you could still do the others just so some games can get a better chance at starting.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 1, 2021