• 2194 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10632 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion apple and zerk need nerfed

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Rqngiku, Sep 15, 2019.

1. I think Apple and Zerk kit need nerfed in bridges. It is not fair that they have double advantage when fighting. Zerk you have leap and knock back, plus 9 damage on the axe. can't get anywhere near them when fighting. Can't get near appler either

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Sven likes this.
  2. Wait how does zerk get 9 damage on the axe? I do agree though that Zerk could use a longer cooldown (or some other restriction) on leap. Appler just needs a second cooldown to throw and it's fine.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  3. I have heard that the berserker apparently does 9 damage and I would like to know how or why it does that. In my opinion, the leap is perfectly fine, nothing wrong with that. But, the appler has seemed pretty buggy and OP as of lately. It gives incredible knockback and although the apple does very little damage there are multiple apples being thrown. It should have a 5-second cooldown per 15 apples thrown or something along those lines.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  4. I've got to agree with both, Apple spamming is just a cheap, annoying way for people to win a fight. Berserker is also pretty annoying when you aren't also a berserker since it's impossible to deal with them.

I think they might be confused with the 1.9 damage values... at least I hope they are, that would be ridiculous otherwise.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Minecraft, Xukuri and SpitefulNick like this.
  5. Would definitely agree with this. There apparently has been several instances where an axe from the beserker kit can do 9 damage, which I haven’t personally seen and if that’s true for a bridges match, that is absolutely insane. Similarly, a player with the apple kit is able to spam apples and completely prevent someone from getting close. It can be particularly difficult if someone with an apple kit were to sky base and would spam apples to protect themselves. I would suggest, as others have as well, to add a cooldown for the apple kit to a second, I would also suggest increasing the time interval between receiving apples by a couple of seconds. Finally, I would love if beserker's damage got nerfed as I do not feel leap is op in of itself.

Anyways these are just some of my insights. Would definitely like to see some of these and the other changes people are suggested considered for an update in the near future, as I know how beloved Bridges is.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  6. When can an axe do 9 damage? Isn't it just plus 1 damage for axes with 1.8 values?

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  7. From what I have heard from others, it has happened although I am curious to see proof of this, as if this is the case, it is something that I think should be addressed asap.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  8. A diamond axe would do 7 damage, same as diamond sword, not 9 lol. yeah apple should get fixed though

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  9. if you look it will say 9 attack damage

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2019
  10. When playing on versions 1.9 and above, the amount of damage weapons do is disclosed. In that version, axes are buffed to do way more damage. However, I'm 90% sure that the amount of damage it does does not carry over to multiplayer servers that host multiple versions.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  11. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

I agree with you on this issue. The kits, when compared to others in fighting, seem to receive too much of an advantage. Both of these kits give you two benefits: Appler gives you food and a weapon, and berserker gives you the leap and the damage of a sword without needing to change slots. There are a few simple changes that I think could be put into place in order to bring them back down to the level of the other kits. For Appler, I think that making the damage taken by an apple take into consideration the armor that a person is wearing would make it much more balances instead of doing all the same damage. However, for berserker, I cannot think of a solution that would allow the kit to still be playable. Perhaps making it so the damage dealt is the normal damage by an axe, forcing them to use a sword? However, that might break the kit overall and leave almost nobody using it, so still do not know what could be done with that.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  12. I do agree. I feel that playing with a good zerk could make fighting annoying. Most of the time if you're chasing, you won't catch up to them. Even if you are zerk, it's still hard to keep up with them. I think adding more time between leaps could help, but I don't know if it would solve the issue. As for appler, something needs a change about it. It's the definition of annoying getting pushed back by it even when you are trying your best to advance. If you aren't a mobility kit like zerk, it's very hard to close the distance. Maybe if they had fewer apples and had to use them wisely it could help.

Posted Sep 21, 2019