• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Anyone else think that giving some players enderpearls not at mid is unfair

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by _TeamCobra_, Jan 21, 2019.

1. _TeamCobra_

_TeamCobra_

I'm not talking about the chests right at mid, these are the chests that you bridge right to off of your island. Some players get enderpearls here. I feel like this is a huge advantage to players who get them, especially on some of the maps where there is a big space to bridge over between these chests and the middle cornucopia.

Anyone else think about this? This is not a big deal for me personally but I want to see what you guys think.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
  2. Dulciloquy

Dulciloquy

Ice and Air kit both have tools to help them get to other islands quicker, and using these kits is not considered unfair. I'd argue the same thought process applies to the Ender Pearls. Some players already have movement tools, some players might get lucky and find some movement tools on the intermediate islands. Additionally, building a simple bridge does not take that much longer that using a movement tool. If someone on the opposite side of the map pearls to mid, and you bridge from the other side, you'll likely both have a chance to loot some mid chests before any confrontation occurs.

I don't think this is an issue across multiple games, especially since it might be you that gets a pearl during your next try. I wouldn't agree that the random placement of Ender Pearls on some intermediate islands is unfair.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Sickle_ // SickleMode likes this.
  3. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

As someone who plays skywars often, I disagree with this post. I think Ender Pearls in chests that aren't at mid have are very uncommon and I personally don't find them a lot. I don't think they really make that much of a difference, as it's only 1 or 2 ender pearls, which depending on the kit can be used to go the middle island. Overall, I understand what you mean and how this can be considered unfair, but at the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't make that much of a difference and they aren't that common to find at any island that isn't the middle island.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    _TeamCobra_ likes this.
  4. _H2O

_H2O

Personally, I don't think getting enderpearls in the middle islands are unfair (as in the islands that are in the middle of the spawn islands and the actual middle of the map). The whole point of having better gear towards the middle is to encourage players to leave their islands and not camp the entire game. If you beat someone to the inner islands and get better gear, even if it is getting lucky to find an enderpearl in the middle islands, you deserve it. Everyone had an equal opportunity to get it, so it's not really unfair. If they had rushed to the middle, they could have easily obtained it as well. I don't think enderpearls should spawn in chests on the actual spawn islands since you should just get basic gear there, but I don't mind them spawning in the middle islands at all.

Posted Jan 26, 2019
    _TeamCobra_ and Mylo.Bishop like this.
  5. Mylo.Bishop

Mylo.Bishop

I agree with this completely, it takes skill to get to the middle island and survive as the middle island is easily accessed by more than just you. Beating the people there or slaying them, rewards you with an enderpearl.

Posted Jan 26, 2019
  6. Fall

Fall

I don't see something super wrong with it, Skywars is a fairly chaotic game and I think steps toward a more regular outcome (like Mid being the only way to obtain pearls) aren't a good thing. It doesn't happen frequently anyway in my experience. On the other hand I would like it to be guaranteed that I get blocks off my spawn island.

Posted Jan 30, 2019
    Vocaloiid and _TeamCobra_ like this.
  7. Daamiaan/DamiUwU

Daamiaan/DamiUwU

My Opinion
    Hey there! :D

So yeah I agree 100%. It's highly unfair due to the fact that they are not always on each island side, and they boost people way too much. Now due to this, they give way too much advantage.

The Breakdown
    Kits

This shouldn't really be a counter thought to this post since if you combine enderpearls with the kits that give movement advantages you'll literally get an even bigger boost. This can be seen clearly by ice users especially since air has a starter cooldown.

A solution to this could be to remove all enderpearls from the secondary/middle islands before center so then everyone has to do some manual work to get to the center. This will also allow/force more players to PvP before getting to middle, giving each side more time to rush to middle in case they're lesser experienced at bridging/rushing.

Balance
    Again they are not always on each side. This already gives less chance and opportunity. The most optimal way to actually give everyone some would be on spawn islands, but as you've said this is a bad idea.

A solution to this is pretty much the same as the above. Equal opportunity is important, even if chaos is a given with this game.

What I'd like to see
    I'd like to see either them being consistently added on each side, or removed from the second islands all together. This has been an issue for a while, and as someone that uses the Ice Kit, I'm pretty much set to get to middle if I get one and I'm there before almost everyone every game.

Posted Jan 30, 2019
    Sniper and _TeamCobra_ like this.
  8. kznny

kznny

why would u put so much effort into one post cudos to you

Posted Jan 30, 2019
    _TeamCobra_ and Daamiaan/DamiUwU like this.
  9. Snowwii

Snowwii

In my opinion, it seems pretty fair. As mentioned above, Ice and Air kits have the ability to move between islands quickly, and pearls help you do exactly that. An item that does the same thing as a kit even seems a bit underpowered.

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  10. _TeamCobra_

_TeamCobra_

True, I main metal kit for the extra health tho so every ender pearl helps :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 2, 2019
  11. Crash

Crash

It adds a little bit of randomness in who can get to mid first, but it generally isnt significant IMO

Posted Feb 10, 2019
    _TeamCobra_ likes this.
  12. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Then what do you plan for metal users? If we removed them, people like me would have little to no way to quickly move around.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  13. Daamiaan/DamiUwU

Daamiaan/DamiUwU

I never said anything about metal users, but it's a highly unused kit in comparison to the other kits. That's no lie either, and I think most people know that.

Not all kits are for mobility, nor should they all be, but metal is an "eh" kit in general. Overly long cooldown, with a semi-close range for pulling people away. The issue I see with metal is it's a singular pull with a long cooldown, which then renderers it useless whilst the other kits have at least some form of duration or effect:

Ice - Period of time where the ice stays giving a short period to react.
    Air - Leap is possible after using the ender eye.
    Fire - Fire damage overtime.
    Earth - Multiple uses within one, most likely not going to use all the throwing blocks in a singular go meaning there will always be chance to use them, if done efficiently.

A better solution to metal would be to have two modes:

The current system set up, with maybe a slight tweak with range and velocity.
    Shifting whilst using it pushes them away giving a chance to escape. This gives two separate cooldowns, and two uses, giving it some comparable mechanic to be equally usable against other kits.
    The health boost is silly. 2 extra hearts may be a benefit in some close fights, but overall it'll not provide much. Pushing it too much would make it too strong, so either allow all armor give .5 extra health, or give metal a new ability.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  14. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

We discussed this later in the discord, but I do see what you mean by that.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
    Daamiaan/DamiUwU likes this.
  15. WOWUS_MAXIMUS2

WOWUS_MAXIMUS2

probably applied for trainee lol, that's why

(if you didnt apply for trainee damiannnn and u are actually making good posts for fun, then u r actually super cool)

Posted Feb 11, 2019
    Daamiaan/DamiUwU and _TeamCobra_ like this.
  16. Glitz

Glitz

Nah I personally don't think it's unfair. Ice and Air both have kits that can do this for them so it's a good way for players who are Fire & Earth to get to mid lickity split as well. There needs to be checks and balances throughout the game and having ender pearls at middle islands is exactly that.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  17. _TeamCobra_

_TeamCobra_

Personally I main metal and I like metal as it is...The "pull" effect can be pretty overpowered because lots of players either don't or can't anticipate it, not to mention that it does damage to the player, and the extra health does seem to make a difference. I feel like all these boosts make up for the lack of movement abilities...it's about anticipating what kinds of situations you will be in.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 11, 2019
  18. CaptainPigmans

CaptainPigmans

Hello! I do think that receiving items like the enderpearls from chest that are not in the middle is a bit overpowered from chest that are not in the middle. The main reason I think this way is because it takes out the purpose of some kits like ice or air since the movement abilities would become useless or at least less exclusive to the kit! Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion!
    CaptainPigmans

Posted Feb 14, 2019 at 10:04 PM
  19. ray

ray

As a skywars player, I'd say Ice and Air kit both give an advantage to get to other island quicker. It's the same as enderpearls tbh so I think it's fair.

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 4:06 PM