• 3857 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12158 Players Online
  • 8301 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Anyone coming to Minecraft Festival?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Offline, Feb 27, 2020.

?

Are you planning on attending?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone else is planning on buying a ticket and attending ^

minecraftfestival.com

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  2. Honestly I didn't even know this was a thing but unfortunately I won't be attending. I live in England so it's a pretty long and expensive trek to Orlando, made even more expensive by the tickets. The festival begins just a short while after school starts too so I'll be busy with that. I'd be interested to see if anyone else is going though!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    Offline likes this.
  3. Hey!

Like @Dallarth I don't know how I'm only becoming aware of this now, but it sounds like an enjoyable event. I've heard of people going to MineCon over the last ten years and this it's evident that this is on a larger scale, or it appears to be what Mojang are hoping for. Nobody I know personally has ever been to MineCon or is planning on attending the festival, as I live in Ireland and I do not foresee this happening due to the ever-increasing workload of mine! If only I was not sitting exams and I could persuade my cousin to go and drag me along.

There is a majority from the US within the Mineplex community, so you definitely will not be alone in attending. Who knows, you might even come across some players that you know here! That's strange for me to think of, as I always consider my friends here part of the virtual world. I know they have real lives, but our only interaction is through the server which is why it would be pretty cool to meet some of the playerbase. Although, maybe the chances are limited, as they probably don't wear their Minecraft skull in real life.

I'm curious to see the replies to this thread even though they will most likely make me envious that I am not attending. If anyone has spare room in their suitcase, let me know. Otherwise, I'll stick to playing Nano on the server while everybody's in Orlando!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  4. I would only pull up for the capes then I'm dipping

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    oCassi and Offline like this.
  5. I won't be attending this event as I'm normally a pretty long way away from most of these conventions and they are quite long flights and difficult times to get over there and they're normally in term time etc! The festival does look pretty cool though, I would definitely enjoy going but it would just not work for me in terms of my time and how long the flights would be as that's at the start of the school year!​

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  6. I don't think I can attend the Minecraft Festival because I don't have enough money to afford the flight ticket, booking the hotel, and getting the convention ticket. From my experience as an attendee, I had a blast at the actual Minecon convention in 2016. It's sad to see that Minecon was the final physical convention, but I'm glad that they brought back the new version for Minecraft convention.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  7. Unfortunately, I will not be attending the festival. I have never really had the time and chance to go to one, and I honestly wouldn't know who to go with! Maybe in the future, bat at the moment, I don't think it will be happening anytime soon!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    AyyNick likes this.
  8. It’s so sad to see that so many people don’t know this event is even happening. I feel like if they did a better job at marketing it like mine-con in previous years; many more people would have enough time to plan for an event of this caliber.

One of the main reasons I'm attending is for the cape (which works on both java and bedrock) as well as the event is only a couple of hours away from my location.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2020
    Jango_55 likes this.
  9. Honestly I'd love to, but we'll see what happens

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  10. I actually live very close to the Mineplex Festival, so there is a pretty high chance I might actually attend :)

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    oCassi likes this.
  11. Minecraft Festival is something that I'd love to attend but can't because it's just too far away from where I live at the moment. That being said, if anyone lives local and would like to attend (but doesn't have the money for it) I might get a ticket so I'm able to get the cape but I'll have no use for the ticket itself and all the wonderful goodies that come with attending the event!

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    Jango_55 likes this.