• 122 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1752 Players Online
  • 1630 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Any tips or tricks for cake wars?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Riyrus, May 10, 2020.

1. Hi!

I've recently joined back into the mineplex community, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks for cake wars. Just so I can better understand it and also know what to do.

I understand the concept of it. I just don't understand what to buy at the beginning/what to do at the beginning of the game continuing till the end of the game.

Posted May 10, 2020
    AbleToStrafe likes this.
  2. Cake Wars is a game largely based around movement and positioning yourself - yes, at a high level of play, PvP skills are important and necessary to win, but if you're casually queueing the game, it's all about knowing what fights to take, how to move around opponents and how to position yourself to eat the cake. The beginning of the game largely depends on three main aspects: your kit, your team, and your preferences/skillset. If you go builder kit, I'd recommend buying 16 wool and rushing mid immediately in order to get an early lead for nether stars. If you go archer kit, you're pretty much going to be base-camping all game, using your ranged weapons to snipe people off of bridges before they can get to your base. If you go warrior or frosting, I'd recommend buying 32 wool, and going for a side beacon.

All of these strategies, however, depend on your team. If you have an organized team (Try meeting people in lobbies and partying up with them to make sure everyone is on the same page), then use the above strategies. However, if you're queueing with random teammates, you're going to want to take a more conservative approach, making sure you have enough resources for yourself (random Cake Wars teammates can be... unpredictable, to say the least).

Finally, your preference. This is based around what beacon to go for at the beginning of the game. If you're proficient in PvP and are able to take multiple opponents at once, taking the risk of mid-rushing might be for you. However, if you want to take a slower approach, go for a side beacon to set up a base layer of emeralds. Your early game emeralds should be spent on ender pearls as well as the occasional diamond sword (I wouldn't recommend buying diamond armor until end-game when you have a very powerful generator.

If you're one of the first teams to capture the mid-beacon, this is the order I recommend buying your team upgrades in: Resource Generator 1, Sharpness 1, Protection 1, Sharp 2, Prot 2, Haste 1 and 2, and finally Resource Generator 2. These are the most useful upgrades in the game, but if you have the extra stars, Healing Station and Power can't hurt either.

Your rushing kits are mostly dependant on what other teams use to defend their cake. For example, if a team uses one layer of end stone to defend, you'd pretty much only need some blocks and an iron pickaxe to quickly rush them. If the defense is more complex, say a layer of obsidian, a layer of wood, and a layer of wool, you'd have to change your tools to match that. Overall, you can mostly play rushing by ear and it'll go pretty well, most of the time.

Last but not least, end-game. This is where you can really afford to spend your emeralds on stuff like diamond armor/swords, runes of holding, golden apples, and ender pearls. Most final fights happen at the middle island, so make sure to stack up on golden apples to heal and enchantments to be able to deal and take a lot of damage.

And that's pretty much it - this is a very simplified version of the strategy in Cake Wars since there are so many items that I didn't mention (Polly the Sheep, Chicken portal, traps, etc.) that are extremely useful. My biggest piece of advice is to just play the game a lot, and you'll eventually acclimate and get used to dealing with big decisions and emerald/brick investments. Have fun, and good luck in-game!

Posted May 10, 2020
    Riyrus, CHRlSTlAN and PlebKingdom like this.
  3. Always check all perimeters when walking on platforms, especially when you do not have your cake. A simple snowball can knock you off the bridge. You will lose everything you have in your inventory, hotbar, and anything equipped.

Once your cake is gone, take less risks. Avoid fighting on bridges, since they can simply one-tap you off from the correct angle. In general, only engage in fights if you outgear them lopsidedly, those you know you will win. Purchase a lot of enderpearls, golden apples, and bows and arrows. Try to get full diamond as well. During this time, you want to make yourself as loaded as possible, because if you die, you are dead for good. ANy other questions? Feel free to ask me, I have played this game for quite a while.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted May 10, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Riyrus like this.
  4. never give the alex your emeralds

Posted May 10, 2020
  5. One of the big things that I would recommend is to play with your friends as the point of the game is to have a good time! As for strategies I would recommend attempting to control as many emerald generators as possible as well as middle. The longer you have control of these for the more setup you will be for later in the game. At the beginning of the game I would recommend getting endstone right away incase if someone rushes you.

Posted May 10, 2020
    Riyrus likes this.
  6. Very detailed explanation, I agree with almost everything he/she says. Some skills I’d recommend learning is speed bridging, but don’t try to god/moonwalk/breezily, unless you know absolutely everything and won’t ever mess up. Too risky especially if your cake is gone. Another skill or tip is to have a hot key designed to enter your pearl slot, so if you don’t have your cake and you fall off, you have a chance to teleport back on the island. The pearl cooldowns are also very annoying, so if you fail to clutch the first time, you’re basically done. Block clutching is also pretty nice to know, so if you are falling from a long distance and there’s a wall, you can clutch on it.

Then there’s PvP skill. I recommend W tap strafing at the beginning, then once you hold your opponent in a combo, finish it with S tapping. If you want, you can also try learning “8 blocking,” which is using all sorts of sprint reset techniques (Please don’t download hacks and actually use 8 block reach xd.)

Well, thanks for reading my weird addition guide to the other one,

Posted May 10, 2020
    ¡ liam ! and Riyrus like this.
  7. There is one tip that works for both duos and standard: Be in a party and rush and get mid. If you successfully do this, just do good and you win the game. Also if the games going fast or middle is contested start with sharp or prot, but if the game is taking a while and your able to hold mid go resource gen. Also if you are rushing at the beginning do it as fast as possible, and always have someone put done endstone. The rest is practice and hoping you don't go against a full party of tryhards. This probably didn't help much, so lastly just learn to bridge well and play strategic. And if all else fails: Become a bow spammer, they are annoying and really effective. Have a great day and stay safe, and if you ever need a partner in duos or an extra person in squads, ill be down to play.

Posted May 10, 2020
    Riyrus and K... like this.
  8. Who knows, that alex could be a hacker or even better, a really tryhard pvper who's using an alt so they can destroy players and then laugh at them. I've seen both happen and which one is more annoying not on their team is kinda hard to tell.

Posted May 10, 2020
    Riyrus likes this.
  9. Hey there!
    As an active Cakewars player, I will give you some tips I use as well. :)
    Before going to your side beacons, capture Middle beacon so you will receive stars at your generator. The stars you get from capturing mid gives you a massive advantage over other teams. You should always purchase Resource generator first since this will provide you with more resources, and you will be able to upgrade faster. If you have better upgrades than the other teams, you will have a better chance of beating them, even if they do have better armor. I would suggest using the Builder kit; you will be able to build faster with the platforms given to this kit. Once you have more stars, I'd recommend purchasing sharpness first, then protection. If you ever want to play with me so I can show you how to play, let me know!

If you ever have any questions about CakeWars, feel free to ask me!

Posted May 11, 2020
  10. Bedrock Guide (Im a leaderboards player)

But for the thread I assume you are talking about Java Edition. I recommend you learn how to strafe and w and s tap. Definitely if you can get some friends and party up. If you can’t it makes it harder to solo que because almost every game there is going to be a tryhard party in cakewars and you cakewars java requires lots of communication so having teammates you can trust and talk to would be #1. Always be the first to get to middle and communicate with your team and have them cover your cake with endstone at the beginning. Other than that I just think you gain more skill the more you play the game. Sorry if this wasn’t too helpful but Im just sharing what helps me. I definitely recommend for sure being in a party with friends because it will make your life 10x better. If you don’t have any friends online I recommend you go to the mineplex discord “call for arms” section and ask if anyone wants to play with you.

Afterall I am just a bedrock scrub

Posted May 11, 2020
    Riyrus likes this.

11. I play java and bedrock half and half. so this will help. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2020
    AbleToStrafe likes this.