• 2327 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7960 Players Online
  • 5633 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Any tips for Staff Application?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Doritocipher, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Hey!

I am thinking of applying sometime! I have a few tips. One thing though, if you're new around here, you should just chill around y'know? Just go around the server and you know understand some rules and such. If you need help understanding these rules you could visit the rules page or you could ask a staff member about how things work. I'm not a staff member, but I will try to give some tips either way!

I suggest joining StaffRequest
    . This community requests staff and you could just see how problems are dealt with in there. This could help your general knowledge of the server aswell, how staff deal with things etc..

A) Be YOURSELF. Yes, it's cliche, but really. Be yourself. Recruiters would want an applicant that is open to the questions, instead of an applicant that pulls wool over their actual personality.

B) Think smart and quick. This is mostly for the interview stage. You won't know which questions you're being asked, so think quick and think smart. Recruiters like to hear and see efficient answers and these tend to beam off of the application you submitted. Be real. For example, don't always show the same intentions for similar questions.

C) I'm seconding what @Dan1el gave at the start. Do not give up/. Good trainees are the ones that don't give up after trying and continue going after how-ever-many denials they have. I know a friend who has about 40 or so denials and he kept on going, until he finally had irl problems and couldn't excuse those over trainee. See, he didn't give up but had problems he couldn't leave alone. This was foreseeable and could not be helped. What could have been helped, is if he gave up because he couldn't cope with the denials no longer.

Side Note: If you don't truly see what you got denied for, just ask the recruiter that denied you! They're job is to see whether or not people should be accepted as staff, and the responsibility that comes with this is dealing with denied applicants' queries.

I wish you the absolute best of luck dude!

Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    yulufi / Sean and Klobby like this.
  2. Like stated above, be yourself! Also try not to lie, the staff team can catch on pretty quickly if you tell a few lies. Make sure you meet all the requirements, and take your time making the application. Everything else was listed above. Best of luck on your application!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  3. Ok thanks all. I'll have to wait another like week or two but I'm gonna add onto the writing plan.

Be honest, don't stress, remember your motives, Change my thing to a dorito, stand out, prepare my application a bit. If I can beat cup heads first level I can do this. (It's a really hard game don't judge)

Love - a dorito on the internet

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020
  4. Note: I am not a staff member nor am I a member of Recruitment.

I just took a look at your profile. It says you created your account this Monday, which means you do not meet the forums account requirement for applying for staff. In order to apply, you must have registered a forums account 2 weeks prior to submitting the application. Although I cannot speak for sure as I am not a member of Recruitment nor do I know the specifics of how they operate, this is likely a reason why you were denied. I would suggest that you don't reapply until the 6th of April which is two weeks after you created your account.

Best of luck! You could be the first dorito on the staff team ;)

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  5. It is every Doritos dream to to rule the world. So after 6th of April I'll do it cos I tried and as most people have. The reason was lack of detail.

Love - your friendly neighborhood dorito
    And yes I'm changing the ending of the post Everytime.

OP OP
    AltantaTV likes this.
  6. Also sacred hope in the future we become staff and get to work together.

OP OP
  7. Good day, Doritocipher!

I definitely suggest applying to become a staff member at Mineplex as you can learn many critical skills that school may not teach you. Especially if you want to grow in the Mineplex Business to actually getting paid, applying to become a Trainee is the right approach to take.

From my past experiences moderating in the Mineplex Community, I learned that if you want to get into a moderative position, you will have to be determined and prepared for your journey. This means, being active, planning ahead, being organized, and doing what your mentor tells you. Something that really helped me to become a Trainee was going into the CMP (Community Mentoring Program) program and getting advice from other staff members on ways that I can improve. If you're interested in the topic of CMP, you can find the official thread located at https://www.mineplex.com/threads/community-mentoring-program.3117/.

As any other users above me have said, you should most defiantly read over the Becoming a Trainee & Becoming a Trainee 2 threads as they are what I refer to as my "bible". When I was really determined to become a Trainee for Mineplex, I read these two threads over and over again so that I could be prepared for phase 2... the dreadful Interview Phase. Not only did I read the two threads religiously, but I also looked up any information on becoming a Trainee for Mineplex. I do have to say that @ForeverElite does have a few fantastic YouTube videos for aspiring Trainee's that in your own time, I suggest to check out.

You mentioned above that your application was denied. For whatever reason they denied you for, you should take this opportunity for time to reflect on your part to see how you can improve. In your application, they want to see your benefits and your qualities that will positively impact the team. However, if you pass into Phase 2 (the interview phase) they want to know who you really are and ask more questions about you. I also suggest that you contact whoever denied you to ask them questions you may have about your denial.

Some other tips I would also keep in mind is to...
    - Be as thorough as possible when submitting your Trainee Application
    - Be bold and confident in your application
    - Express your tone in your application
    - Be optimistic and truthful
    - Be consistent

For your question regarding the interview process, yes you do need a microphone to become a Trainee. This is because the Mineplex Recruiters want to hear you and being a staff member, you will need to communicate with your mentors verbally and orally. So if you're not the best at communication, I would suggest working on that.

If you have any questions overall regarding the whole interview process, you should get into contact with a member of the Recruitment team located at https://www.mineplex.com/staff.

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    WowCaleb, ForeverElite and Klobby like this.
  8. Although it has been quite awhile since I’ve been through the application process along with me not being a staff member as of right now, I can’t stress how much you need to stay yourself. When I first got denied, I personally believed that it was me who had to change and my writing style as well. This just left me in a horrible state...along with all the school work, it just lead me into a burn out.
    With that being said, please stay yourself. It’s for the benefit of you and the recruitment.

Speaking of the benefit of you, don’t give up. This goes for anything you are trying to achieve. Giving up only makes you feel worse along with it reflecting on you looking like someone with a lack of perseverance. However, I do believe that there are certainly some situation where you should hit the brake. For example, if you don’t have enough time or you are just in a horrible state, then just take a rest and attack that battle another day.
    Personally, I took a break from the application process as I didn’t have enough time and the state I was in wasn’t really ideal to walk up this type of mountain. To conclude with that, think about if you first of all can handle the responsibility of a staff member and if you are ready to as well.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Klobby likes this.
  9. Hello people! It's dorito back at it again with.. ok I can't make dorito quips I'm sorry, anyway thanks everyone for kindness again I'll keep this all on account.

Yours truly -the dorito with no comedic ideas.

OP OP
  10. Ok. I've been on a break from everything cos of the Anarchy that I can see everywhere outside of my house via napping basically the whole time. ANYWAY I'm back and realised... Its 7th of April. Tomorrow I will type out my 2nd Application.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2020
  11. To be honest, when applying for a position in the staff team, the most important thing to do is be yourself. Be completely honest in your application, and don't lie about anything. Add as much detail as possible for every answer in the application and use your opportunities to answer the questions with something to do with how you can help the community.

For example: What language(s) can you speak?

and you can answer: I can speak ____ as well as _____. I know these very well and have past experience with communicating to others and helping them learn these languages. I am conversational in each.

Edit: Also make sure you understand most games on the server and have a decent time in game so that they can see you're an experienced player.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  12. Hai!
    I'm an aspiring Trainee myself, and I have actually read some of these points from others to give myself a few tips here and there... Anyway, onto the point. I have applied numerous times now, and all of them have been denied. I used to apply in 2018 and used to write 1 line per question (I know, I know), and I made 3 applications or something at this standard. All of these were denied for the same reasoning - detail. Well, I gave up for around a year, and returned with more effort and maturity, which actually gave me a half decent chance. I never realised you could talk to the recruiter who denied you for help, until I saw it in the forums last year. Well, when I did, I immediately realised why it such an important message people had spread throughout the forums. When writing an application, there are multiple things you need to take into consideration, and I am going to tell you of the most important ones in my eyes. These are detail, and honesty. As many have said above, detail is very important, as when making a point, you need to be asking yourself why this helps as a Trainee, how will it contribute, etc. etc. You need to put yourself in the recruiters shoes, and they most definitely will not be accepting applications that have 1 lines per answer. This is because it doesn't express enough information, and it also shows that you aren't committed. If aren't willing to be spending hours upon hours writing an application, you won't be dedicated enough to be Trainee. My last application I spent around 2 weeks perfecting the grammar, making everything was correct, etc etc. Show the recruiter that you are going to be committed enough to be Trainee, and that you will do what you say in your application. My second point, honesty. Also as many have said already, you need to make sure that everything you are saying in your application is 100% correct and legitimate information, as the recruitment team will find out sooner or later if you have lied in your application. Good luck, I hope you found this helpful.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  13. Hello everyone I think I no longer need this thread. I shall be doing it now due to a tip from someone to do it after 6th of April the required time to apply. If anyone has the ability to lock the thread would appreciate it.

-Thanks a friend, a dorito, that you have all helped.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2020
  14. Be sure to look back many times at your answers over periods of time. I myself, look at answers that I write over the course of around 3 weeks. I like to look back and think, well I should've added this! Taking your time really is essential, even if it takes over a month such as mine.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  15. And now for my last bit on the app I'm going to link this forum to share what I've learned. I went from a one line writer to a, person who was trying hard to write something. Thanks all :D

-a Dorito who says thank you. See you soon! Maybe as a trainee..

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2020
    AltantaTV likes this.
  16. Based off of my experiences, all I can really say is to stay true to yourself. The whole application is all about you, and if you make yourself out to be someone you're not, in general, things don't go as planned. Patient is another big key to becoming staff. Don't rush the whole application in one day. Really take your time on it :)

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  17. Just remember it doesn't matter how many words you have. The only thing that matters is how much detail you put into your application. I am also trying to learn and make my application after being denied. Good luck!!

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  18. Hello!
    If you are trying to become staff I would first advise you to read bat and bat2, as I find them the most helpful. If you want more insight on how the staff team works, I would suggest watching ForeverElite's Trainee Application Guide and How the Mineplex Staff Team Works, as well as, What To Know BEFORE Applying For Mineplex Staff. As for the application, be yourself, quality over quantity, and have the right reasons to apply. Don't apply if you want the fame, or the Tag, or to ban hackers. You need to also be able to commit, you must be able to put in the time on the server and also be able to answer questions people may have. You should also have a good understanding/knowledge of Mineplex's rules. If you believe you are ready to apply, then by all means do so, there is no harm in applying and getting denied. Lastly, do not lie on any part of the application, the recruiters have ways of knowing if you are lying, please save yourself and the recruiters the time and do not lie. Furthermore, if you are caught lying, you will not be able to apply again.
    ~Thanks and good luck on your application!

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  19. You probably don't want to be staff on here tbf. It's abyssmal.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  20. Ummm no I'm good thanks though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2020