• 1045 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6356 Players Online
  • 5311 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Any tips for Staff Application?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Doritocipher, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Hello everyone I'm doritocipher and I'm a fairly new player to Mineplex and after a while wanted to be staff, unfortunately I was denied but I still want to try. Does anybody have some info/tips I could use in my next app?

Thank you - doritocipher and if there's a poll below I've never posted before. Don't write anything in it.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  2. I learned because i got denied a couple of times just put detail into it and dont rush. Put a lot of effort into it

Posted Mar 26, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 26, 2020
    VinnyGambino likes this.
  3. Hey,

Before I give personal advise for the application and interview process, here are 2 threads that I would advise reading on things to expect during the application process and what the recruitment team is expecting of an ideal applicant. These threads will help give you a better preparation for the next time you apply. Here are the following threads:

Becoming a Trainee [Java & Bedrock]

Becoming a Trainee 2: Train Harder

As for the personal advice, I would advise talking a lot about your personality and who you are in the application process. The recruitment team wants to know whether you will be a great asset to the staff team, and one key question asks about qualities/traits that you could bring to the staff team. A great personality can be a good way to show the staff team you are fit to moderate the server.

In addition, explaining in detail and reasoning why you want to be a part of the staff team be very persuasive for the recruitment team reading your application process. For example, one of the questions specifically asks what has kept you here on Mineplex, which is a key indicator of why you are still motivated to be an active community member on Mineplex. Explain as much as you can in much detail as possible, because the less detail the less information you are giving to the person reading your app. Through this application the recruitment team wants to know everything about your history in Mineplex, why you are interested in the Mineplex staff team, and you as a person. In short, the recruitment team wants to know why you would would voluntarily want to help out the community as a trainee if you get accepted.

As for the interview process, I would advise being yourself and practice communicating on the spot with other people. Try convincing your interviewer that you are an outstanding applicant to be accepted into the staff team. I remember the first time I applied I had a lot of problems stuttering and finding good things to say, comparing to when I actually write stuff in an essay. Maybe even practicing mock interviews could help, but it is up to you. Just in case, I would also have a good knowledge of how the server works, and decent knowledge of how the rulebook works on Mineplex.

Otherwise, feel free to message a member of the recruitment team if you have any more questions about the trainee process. You can find the list of them under the Recruitment team at www.mineplex.com/staff . Hope I helped, and good luck if you ever apply again.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  4. First and the most important rule: be yourself :)

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    WeirdoFish and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  5. Hey!

The best thing is to just be yourself while writing the application. Don't try to elaborate too much on things or start explaining things that will be off topic of what the question is asking. If you just be yourself and you have the mindset that you're determined to get staff, you'll eventually get it! I suggest reading Becoming A Trainee and BAT2. These two threads will probably give you the best help for your application.

Anyways, good luck if you're applying again!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  6. I'm not going to tell you what to write as it needs to be original, but I will give you some advice on how and when to write it.

Firstly, you mentioned you were a fairly new player. I think you should play for a little longer on the server, and really get to know Mineplex before applying, it's a great community!

When you write the application, spend time on it. You don't need to write pages, but make sure you include detail- How, when, why, who?

Be honest, be yourself, and know that you've included everything you want to include before pressing Submit!

Good Luck!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  7. Hey!

For me, one of the best ways to improve your application or learn how to improve yourself overall is by messaging the recruiter that denied you. They have the best insight for you in terms of what specifically you could do to improve and it's a sure way to help you get there. As far as the application goes, spend a lot of time on it! Make sure to include much detail as you can, and try to focus on the quality of the application, not the size of it. One thing that works for me is to make sure that I spend time on my app rather than just write it all in one sitting. Although it might be better for some, it helps me to really put all of my focus into making my answer to even just one question good.

Additionally, there are two guides that are even helpful for long-time applicants to take a look at. Make sure you familiarize yourself with these guides so that you can best improve yourself and prepare yourself for all aspects of the Trainee Application Process.

Aside from the logistics of applying, interviewing, etc, make sure you're not only being yourself but staying confident and positive. It is important to be yourself so as to prevent yourself from putting up a facade that can only harm you later.

Becoming a Trainee
    Becoming a Trainee 2

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  8. I have yet to get accepted but they have mentioned that detail is one of the most important things to an application. So make sure to put AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE and be honest, don't lie or make stuff up. Lastly, just explain why you'd a better choice than any other applicant.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    TopDJGaming04 likes this.
  9. Like others already stated, the threads Becoming a Trainee and Becoming a Trainee 2 both contain lots of valuable information that can greatly help you and I suggest reading them before applying.

So, for the actual application process itself, I'm gonna talk from my personal experience so things might be different in your case but I hope it's still gonna give you some idea on how the process goes.

For your application, keep in mind that your application directly represents your self during the whole process. What you write in your application is what recruitment will know about you, since basically it's a way for the recruitment to see why are you applying for the position and why do you want it along with the personality and quality traits you have and other important things. Because of that, you should ALWAYS be honest in your application. Honesty really helps you a lot as it shows that you can be trusted as an applicant, especially in the past punishments section. So definitely be always honest about things, even if they might reflect you negatively. You should also put a lot of effort into your application and don't rush it, take your time. I don't recommend setting a specific deadline because then you will feel rushed and your application might have less detail than it would have if you took your time with it. Along with that, don't think that more words the app has the higher chance it has of getting invited. Recruitment really wants to see the quality you put into it, hence quality over quantity. I also recommend being original and not copying someone's else application. Sure, you can ask for tips from other people, that's absolutely okay. But recruitment will find out sooner than you may think that you've copy-pasted something. Finally, adding onto what I've said at the start, be sure to follow what your application says about you, or just be yourself in other words. don't act like someone who you aren't because that can also put you in a bad situation.

If you get an invite to the interview, that's sadly the part where you're not allowed to disclose anything that happens to anyone. Interview is yet again a better way for the recruitment to get to know you and determine if you will be moved to the third stage. There's no real way to prepare for the interview but you can expect questions about your personality, traits and your knowledge. Just like with application, be 100% honest and just be yourself.

For the third stage, that's when all of the things you have written in your application and said in your interview gets put to a real test. Basically, you can be observed at any time at any place. This stage can last from a few weeks to several months and ends with either acceptance as a trainee or a denial. The best way is once again, just be yourself and don't stress yourself about it. I highly suggest being active during this stage on all three platforms, especially in-game. I also recommend being patient during your whole application process, as messaging any of the recruiters will instantly lead to your application being denied.

Overall, Trainee is both a long and rewarding process that can take you several times to get through, so don't feel bad if you get denied a few times. In the end, you can always improve since recruitment provides the denial reason to your application each time, and you can additionally message the recruiter who denied your application to get further details regarding this denial and some tips from the recruiter itself on how to improve.

I wish you the best of luck if you decide to apply!!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  10. Be harsh on yourself throughout the application process. By this I mean that you should hold higher standards than you’d expect from other on yourself. If you feel that something will pass but there is still something that needs to be added, spend however long it takes to figure that out so you’re truly showing your dedication and who you are with full detail and understanding. Good luck!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    TopDJGaming04 likes this.
  11. Thanks everybody for this information I didn't expect so many people to reply thanks again I'll use all of this, try my best, be myself. And hopefully within the year I'll be on the team.

Thanks everyone, -doritocipher maybe maybe not a future dorito on the staff team.

Edit: also for the interview is it mic? If yes do those ones with no mic that plug into the Xbox controller have mic capabilities?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 27, 2020
  12. Yes, the interview is through voice chat. The second question is a bit confusing to me, thus somebody else will be answering it. Once again, good luck on your application.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  13. Ok thank you. Now I just need to turn my profile picture into a dorito.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020
  14. No for the second question

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  15. Well. I have nother mic anyway which is lucky.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020
  16. Extremely lucky.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  17. Good luck, cheers mate.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  18. Hi! So I have a few separate tips for the three stages of the application process: Application, Interview and Observation.

Firstly, for the application. You need to be super detailed: for every point that you make, explain what you mean by it extensively. Even if you don't think that you need to explain something, explain it. The Recruitment team needs to know what you mean in every answer, and if you don't explain your answers properly, you most likely will be denied for 'Not Enough Detail'. Secondly for your application, you need to be honest. It's very easy to see if you're lying at any point in your application, and if you're caught lying, you will be denied. If you do those two things, you should have a good application ready to submit, as long as you meet all of the requirements.

Secondly, the interview. Contrary to popular belief, the interview is more about getting to know who you are, rather than testing you on your knowledge. The only reasons why they'd ask you questions regarding your knowledge on the server is to 1) make sure that you have at least some knowledge of the server (as I'm sure you already do) and 2) be aware of any knowledge gaps you have so that if you're accepted your mentor can help you. The Recruiters really don't want you to worry about 'studying' for your interview, or anything like that. In fact, if you do try to 'study' for it, it might make you more nervous, thus lowering your performance in the interview, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Thirdly, the observation period. If you're really committed to becoming a trainee, this should not at all be a problem. You'll just be observed to make sure that you're a helpful and kind player in game. As long as you already are helpful in-game, you'll have no problems with this.

Hope this helped, and good luck for when you do decide to apply!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  19. I'll just add this : Do not give up. I think we all have been applying and got denied, and you feel like you want to give up. You've probably put a lot of effort into the application, and when you get denied, it can feel like it's the end of the world.
    Trust me, you're not alone. I don't know if you're struggling with motivation or not, but this is really one of the most important things when it comes to being a trainee. Very (And I mean very) few people make it first try, or even the second try. It takes several tries, and every time you get denied, you'll learn a new thing that you should've done differently.

I think that getting denied will only help you to get accepted in the end. When we get denied, we wouldn't be ready for trainee, so you can think about denial as something that will only help you in the future. Also, if you have a lack of motivation still, ask yourself why you wanted to become a trainee in the first place. What caused you to write an application for the trainee position? What makes you go on the application page, and consider applying again soon?

And lastly, don't change your personality after you get denied. It's not about YOU being not good enough, but rather what you could've done differently to show better why you'd be a good trainee. Stay strong on your own character, even though you get denied. I know a lot of people have already said this, but I just wanted to say it in a different way.

Among this, you've got a bunch of helpful tips when it comes to applying for trainee. I hope you've got the advice you needed, and good luck with your application if you do apply! :D

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  20. 1)You must have an account in Discord and you must practice your writing and speaking skills. I mentioned speaking because you will have interview if your text will be good enough. You can’t become trainee if you won’t take part in interview so make sure that you have a good microphone and that there are no loud noises around you.

2)Do not like.You mustn’t lie since it might cause troubles and tutors will have questions about your true ambitions.

3)Experience. Your Mineplex level isn’t very important, but your moderator experience is very important since less time is needed on education so make sure to mention your experience if you’ve been moderator before.

4)Never give up! You will have to wait for 2 weeks before you will be allowed to try again. You might have to waste months and maybe even years! I know one guy who wrote about 20 application texts before he was accepted.

5)Warnings. You will be instantly denied if you have some warning points. I was denied once and this was because I had 3 warning points for “spamming”

6)Age. This isn’t very important. Mineplex usually accepts people who are more than 13 years old. However, there are some exceptions so you don’t have to worry if you are a bit younger.

7)Skills. Your intellect, ability to solve problems and your ability to communicate are very important.

8)Something that I want to add. They might pay attention to your knowledge about the network, it’s society, bugs and glitches.

Posted Mar 27, 2020