• 774 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3353 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Any cool strats?

Discussion in 'Dragons' started by ooaeeaooaeea, Jan 5, 2020.

1. I have been playing Dragons for a while now, but I have been doing the same thing every single game. Just getting to a high point and leaping back if a drag knocks me off. I made this thread to try and find out some other things I can do to spice up my gameplay a bit. So if you have a weird or cool way you play Dragons just leave a reply.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  2. I usually just afk and win sometimes lol

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    ooaeeaooaeea likes this.
  3. While there are still some structures around, try to hide under a 2 block high ceiling so that if a dragon goes through you, the block above will stop you from taking as much knockback. Also, crouch halfway up ladders when you can because they cancel most of your knockback as well.

I'm not sure how correct these this one is, but try to crouch against a 2 block high wall (or 1 block high I guess) and face the direction of the dragon because I find that I take less knockback doing that, and sometimes you can get glitched in the block and not take any knockback at all.

Posted Jan 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 6, 2020
    ooaeeaooaeea and SpitefulNick like this.
  4. Well, I don’t play dragons often, but when I do, I don’t really have a particular strategy I use. I usually use the leaper kit and get to the highest point possible, as well as places that are hard to get to. I hope I helped !

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    ooaeeaooaeea likes this.
  5. I don’t really play Dragons that often; as I stick more to Cake Wars and such. Plus, the afk players get annoying when you’re trying to win. Usually I equip the leader kit to get me out of tough situations. However if you run around a lot, I think it helps, because the Dragons are already bent on where you were.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  6. I don't really know how dragons is on bedrock, but on java I like to find a corner where two blocks connect (at least 1 block above your feet) and shift and hold w into it. I find that a lot of the times when you get clipped by a dragon, the blocks will straight up stop your kb.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    ooaeeaooaeea and Xukuwu like this.
  7. Usually when I play dragons, I‘ll use the coward/leaper kit and find an isolated area to stand in. I personally think the leaper kit is the best kit (both java and bedrock). Although the leather armor doesn’t provide the best protection, the leap feature can save you from fall damage and can prevent you from falling into the void.
    When I use the leap feature, I wait until the last second to leap to prevent the most amount of fall damage. It’s saved me quite a few times in the game.
    Anyway, that’s the best way to play in my opinion. Find an isolated area and leap right before you hit the ground to prevent a lot of fall damage from occurring.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  8. I also tend to find an isolated area with the least amount of people possible. The highest point in the map may be good in some cases, but if the dragon comes right at you, you will get knocked off. Just keep the leap feather in your hand while you are playing at all times.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  9. You can just float like everyone else does

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  10. Hey!
    So my strategy is a little what people would call "sad" lol. I basically use the leaper kit and I'll at the beginning of the game leap to the highest structure on the map. There are downsides to this because if a dragon knocks you off then be prepared to use leap to save you from damage or just be ready to take damage. Once I fall or get knocked off I then look for kind of a low place on the map that's a little hidden. I like those areas because then people can't see me so they usually don't throw the sparklers in there. Usually dragons don't get me as much there. Hopefully you find this strategy helpful because it has given me some success when playing Dragons!

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  11. AFK=bad

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.