• 552 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5009 Players Online
  • 4457 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Any chance we can make parties in solo SSM prohibited?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Title says it all, it seems rather unfair that parties can enter the game together and can rig it against one person

Posted Feb 12, 2021
    GeekyCatGaming likes this.
  2. I'd disagree to this. I get that it's a method of preventing teaming, but there are a plethora of fair players who like to bring in three or four of their buddies and just hang out in a solo game mode playing FFA. In the case of 3-man parties, playing team modes wouldn't be as fun, so it's understandable they'd head towards solo mode. In my case, I love to play with another friend in SSM, and always enjoy 1v1ing them in games that track wins. Playing SSM in an MPS is just not as fun, and as long as we follow the rules there's no issue.

Posted Feb 12, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. just because someone abides by the rules doesn’t mean everyone will follow their example, also isn’t 1v1 with friends the reason players can host private servers or has that feature been removed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 12, 2021
  4. Teaming in solo games is already something that is not allowed, so I don't think parties will be disabled in solo SSM. If you see people teaming, you are free to report it as it is against the rules. As shihanna said, people enjoy playing against their friends and it wouldn't be fair to ruin it for the people who are following the rules. I totally understand the frustration, but I don't think disabling parties will solve the teaming problem.

Posted Feb 12, 2021
  5. just replace ffa with 1v1 and all teaming will be fixed

Posted Feb 12, 2021
  6. I like to party with a friend and go into Solo SSM, we never team- instead, we fight for 1st place. :)

Posted Feb 12, 2021
  7. Do not remove parties from solos. I spend most of my time filling up the lobby with friends of mine for casual play, since most of us are not playing competitively.

Posted Feb 12, 2021
    shihanna and Nyq like this.
  8. no

Posted Feb 12, 2021
    shihanna likes this.
  9. I think @shihanna hits the nail on the head here. We aren't going to prevent people from playing with their friends because there is a chance of them teaming on others. I really disagree with this, I would rather increase the visibility of the rules and improve the reporting system than just preventing people from playing with their friends.

Posted Feb 12, 2021
  10. What probably doesn’t help is that the game doesn’t give warning past queuing up, if the chat also displayed “teaming/cross teaming will result in a ban” every now and then, and the warning when going to queue up has “warning” in red but then its message is in grey

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 12, 2021
  11. Some people may just want to be in a party to play each other

Posted Feb 13, 2021
  12. Players being in parties doesn't always mean that they're certainly going to team up and kill whoever isn't in it. Parties are just a way of getting groups of players from point A to point B quickly and effortlessly. Yes, it does mean that the players in the party are probably more friendly with eachother and are more inclined to target other people in the game, but the same could go for friends who have just found each other in game circulation.

In retrospect, whilst yes, parties probably do slightly encourage teaming or relaxing on fighting between some players, the encouragement is incredibly slight which puts it below other trucing reasons which could be but are not limited to:
    • Level
    • Friendships
    • Newfound friendships
    • Skill
    • Kit (Big one)
    • Possible prior experiences with certain players
    Removing parties from SSM or any game for that matter would only really just cause issues, at the end of the day, the players need to kill each other anyway and there isn't too much of an EXP boost for winning normally in my opinion. It's a bit of a questionably large step to take just to prevent something that could be caused by many other factors (Cakewars has hackers, lets delete Cakewars etc). Parties are one of the primary ways that players can stick together since butch was created because depending on the gamemode, players can be sent into games randomly and so removing parties in the game wouldn't allow them to play together hypothetically speaking, which isn't good. If it is getting to a point where players aren't going for each other at all, then they're breaking teaming/cross-teaming rules which you can report them through the website, through StaffRequest or /report. (Forum reporting being the best option for gameplay offenses)

I recommend just taking up a powerful kit that can perform crowd control really well such as chicken with chicken missiles, its small size can make it hard to hit too.

Posted Feb 13, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  13. I’d rather have carpal tunnel than play Chicken

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 15, 2021
  14. bad idea, -1

Posted Feb 16, 2021
  15. I'm not really seeing how people are so against this....if people want to play together then simply play duos, or with a rank make an mps to play without any limitations that public lobbies have. obviously if friends want to play together in a public lobby and don't team at all, that's 100% fine; but I really doubt there are a lot of groups who stay true to that. that implies that we can trust all parties to not team which obviously is ridiculous. that said we can't also say that every group will team. it goes both ways in that regard but on mineplex, I can tell you that teaming is probably the easiest thing to get away with. it all has to do with the term "soft teaming" which basically means you pretend to not team with someone (even if you are). Anyways, the "solo" title of game modes should really stick to what it says and I agree that partying should be removed...it just makes it easier for people to do it. from my own expierence it is uncommon that people who are in a party don't team on me in a solo game.

Posted Feb 16, 2021
    GeekyCatGaming likes this.
  16. Even if parties are removed people can still team by simply queueing the same lobby or using /f. If people are trying to team there really cant be anything done to stop them and they will find a loophole around it (ik staff exists, but that doesnt mean teaming wont exist). Ik ive said this constantly, but the best and most simple solution is to replace ffa with 1v1.

Posted Feb 16, 2021
    GeekyCatGaming and mab8400 like this.
  17. They should not allow parties of three people, maybe four which makes sense. It gets annoying to deal with three people at the same time, especially when they're in a party together. For now, the best I can do is record and report if that works. Heck I even have a video people people teaming on me just two days ago.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  18. I am just going to say the same thing other people probably did.

I know that some parties are inclined to teaming and I can see why you want to ban them, but not every party has teamers. Besides, there's other ways for them to join the same game with each other instead of being in a party. They can type in a specific server to join or they can go in by using the friends list. So banning parties will be ineffective and you're still gonna see teaming anyways, even if the people didn't know each other prior to joining a game- you stomp the lobby a couple times and then on the third game they're gonna stop going for each other entirely while talking in chat about who to target.

I understand your point, but I really don't think that banning parties is gonna work, and solve the issue of teaming.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  19. That is a great point; the only thing with SSM is that in solos its 4 players max (if im not mistaken) which means that there is a good chance the lobby could already be full. I also have to agree that there is always a loophole...that unfortunately is the reality and for the most part the only thing we can really do is make sure it doesn't happen in the first place- and if it does get them banned. yet the bans are so lenient, the second teaming offense should be far longer than it is; especially due to the fact that players usually dont just team a single game and then stop

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  20. Ive had many teamers come back within days of their reports going through, and they would still team. Ive soon come to realize that the sole origin of teaming comes from the ffa gamemode. Even when people arent in a party, it is subconcious for players to work together to defeat a bigger foe, or a player that they dont want in the game. No amount of punishment will ever fix this, and players will just hide their teaming so that it still gives them an advantage but its hardly noticeable to a mod so it will be marked as "insufficient evidence".

This is why most players dont report teamers in the first place, it just isnt worth it in the long term.

Posted Mar 5, 2021