• 327 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2411 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Anticheat?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Permia, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have read a few threads of people talking about the anticheat and they seem to imply that the anticheat Gwen is not a proper anticheat. Is this true? i dont think i have seen it work on more then 1/10 hackers so the claim sounds true and if so when will mineplex get a proper dev team for the task of making a anticheat made to catch the new popular clients? if ever?

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  2. :gwen:

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    [Away] Tours likes this.
  3. A lot of cheaters yesterday were removed in like 10 seconds so I think it's working.
    However hackers might tweak their client to bypass GWEN or the people coding the clients might implement a bypass for GWEN so that is bad.
    If there was a whole team working on the anticheat, it would probably become better.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  4. Mineplex's Development Managers are fully aware of the shortcomings in Mineplex's proprietary anticheat, however, at the moment development is at a standstill. GWEN is an excellent anticheat for eradicating simpler clients, but, like numerous individuals have stated prior to myself, more advanced clients have begun to slip through the cracks recently.

However, our network's Leadership has put out a job listing for a Developer dedicated solely to updating & maintaining our proprietary anticheat. Once the hiring process has completed, I'm sure the results will more than make up for the time that Mineplex has gone without anticheat updates and will have been well worth the wait.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  5. To address your concern, to say GWEN isn't a "proper" anti-cheat system would be incorrect. While I agree that it could use an update with improvements, it is effective in banning quite a few hackers that otherwise would go unpunished. It is much better than our previous anti-cheat system, MAC, even in its current state. MAC never banned players for hacking and instead kicked players, often because it mistakenly kicked for hacking when players were simply just lagging.

When will a developer or part of the development team make improvements to GWEN? We don't know. Unfortunately, there isn't much more to say on the matter than we don't know when an update is coming.

As a staff member, we see it more than players, but keep in mind that GWEN is constantly working and may not ban players immediately. It is designed to try to prevent bypasses to the system and reduces this by waiting to ban the players until a later time. Sometimes you will see players banned immediately and sometimes they will be added to a banwave to be banned later. Additionally, we receive and handle a lot of reports from players from the forums, StaffRequest community and elsewhere. A large number of hackers on our server are banned. It may just take a little time and we wouldn't be able to do what we do without the community's help.

We are also capable of accessing GWEN logs that benefit the staff team and players in numerous cases. We use the information that GWEN gives us to help to ensure that players are punished correctly or if they are punished incorrectly, we remove the punishment.

GWEN definitely needs an update and we all know it. However, it is more effective than having no anti-cheat or our previous system(s). We don't know when it will be updated, but we will continue to use to benefit everyone in its current state and hope for an update in the near future.

Since your concern has been addressed, I'll be locking this thread. If you have any further questions, please private message me and I will be happy to discuss the matter further.

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.