• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Anticheat isn't good ENOUGH!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Simon942, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you want Mineplex to improve the Anticheat?

1. YES, SIR - It would be great!

87.5%
  2. NOPE - I don't even care about it.

12.5%
  1. Simon942

Simon942

Hillow

So yeah... I play alot of CakeWars but sometimes I'm just get sad over people that using damn hacks. I hate it, to die to a person that i can't hit because in vanilla you can't hit so long range, and you can just hear: DING DING DING DING DING... Death screen. Is it fair?`- NO!
    We need a better anticheat to stay glad and loyal to Mineplex. It kills the experience. And only sometimes, you see a tiny message: player got removed because of cheat or something like this. It would be great if people just using hacks, they will be banned, deleted, IP banned from the entire network.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  2. Acerna

Acerna

There are a few other threads on this, and this one doesn't seem constructive, just pointing an already known thing out. I guarantee you'll get at least 2 Staff or others on here stating the 3 ways you can report the hackers, especially since there's not much suggestion for improvement in your thread to reflect on. Yes, GWEN isn't the greatest. Yes, GWEN is currently not being worked on. Yes, we all hope to improve it and the server in the future.

Also, IP bans are not common now due to the belief of Staff Team that if someone hacks and a sibling plays on the computer, the sibling should not be disadvantaged for the other's rule breaking. I doubt the IP bans will make a strive in the future soon

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  3. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

I swear I heard in a QnA sometime back that they had a SoonTM plan for dealing with alts, but I have no idea what happened with that. Imo the sibling argument is a dumb reason to not IP ban. Of course I don't have access to the demographics of MP's playerbase, but I highly doubt that there is a substantial amount of current players who would be in a situation to be false IP banned for an obnoxious sibling.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  4. DayOfTheDead

DayOfTheDead

I don't really agree with this, because even if there isn't a substantial amount there would still be some people. VPNs exist as well, meaning that the bans could be evaded.
    I don't think it would be a good idea to instantly IP Ban anyone that GWEN finds suspicious, as a lot of the time when these kicks happen the person kicked wasn't actually hacking.

As Hqzardous said, it is known that GWEN needs to improve. Yes, it isn't fair to die to a hacker but simply complaining isn't the way to go, this isn't really constructive.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
    GallantArc likes this.
  5. Acerna

Acerna

Edit: I've been wronged, but I still think IP bans should be acted on

Posted Apr 13, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 13, 2019
  6. Vertix

Vertix

I love the IP ban idea! As it stands now, most of the hackers on Mineplex have obtained a subscription to an alt generator website. As a result, these malicious players are able to easily bypass a ban. However, the IP bans should not be dictated by Gwen as mentioned earlier, but instead, a second algorithm that will limit the accounts that can join Mineplex under a specified IP. If a user is banned on one account, the next account that joins the server for the first time (within the duration of the punishment) with the same IP will be asked to verify using their Twitter, Steam, or Xbox account. (Similar to the AltIdentifyer used to protect discord servers) To further dilute hackers, the verification accounts will be required to be of a certain age. Through this method, there isn't an IP ban per se, but instead a sort of IP watch. Thus, allowing siblings to join the server with little to no difficulty.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
    PapiKirito and Jaekub like this.
  7. kznny

kznny

well then ur one rich family xd

Posted Apr 13, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  8. Jaekub

Jaekub

I agree with you that GWEN needs some improvements. Currently, there are no developers working on GWEN, though. Just be grateful that we have an anticheat that bans a few players. I agree with everything you've mentioned and I hope there will be a Developer working on GWEN soon.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  9. 5x12 (bren)

5x12 (bren)

Why does it seem like every one of these threads are a complete clone of the last?

There are no developers on GWEN and the anti-cheat could be far worse than it might be.
    The whole "IP Ban, Banned, Deleted" has flaws and I'll show them,

- Banned, pretty obvious - alts
    - Deleted - not sure what you mean by this, but I'm going to assume you mean their entire stats are wiped - you do understand that if a hacker has the disregard to come on the network with a hacked client, knowing full well they will probably get banned that I don't think stats are all that much of a concern.
    IP Ban - Proxies, VPNs, Spoofing along with other things that can easily bypass this.

Also, you say the anticheat isn't good enough so do you think it's going to be good enough to make accurate bans let alone IP bans?
    Honestly, the best bet is if they hire somebody to either update it or make a new one until then you just have to be patient and grateful for what you have cause in the end, it could be far worse.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  10. pzazz

pzazz

Actually the IP is a number provided by your ISP, so if you and your brother were on the same wifi, you'd both be banned. What you're thinking of is an HWID ban which bans a user based on the ID of their computer. This type of ban is traditionally used in competitive games such as Fortnite and is not possible in Minecraft.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  11. Acerna

Acerna

Oh nvm lol I changed/deleted it, since it wasn't relevant to the thing

Posted Apr 13, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  12. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

I would argue that the amount of people who are turned off Mineplex due to the rampant hackers is far higher than the amount who would suffer a false punishment. Yes, there may be a couple instances in which IP bans would unjustly punish someone, but imo the benefit of the Majority would be worth it. It's not ideal, but then again in an ideal world there would be no hackers in the first place. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would rather have a few people suffer false bans than keep the current system of getting B-hopped every other game. As for VPNs, I don't know enough on those to make a point there, so that may be a valid reason- though could they make it so people with VPNS can't connect? I agree GWEN shouldn't give out IP bans though, imo that should be left exclusively to staff.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  13. Kinda off topic but I remember this admin from another one of the partnered bedrock servers saying that they were capable of those type of bans. If it's possible on bedrock, then why not Java? Or did I not remember correctly?

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  14. Acerna

Acerna

I think that both platforms have the ability to perform IP bans, but the staff team are told not to for their own reasons, so it doesn't happen at all

nevermind @ohrangee567 I have no clue

Posted Apr 13, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 13, 2019
  15. I meant HWID bans

Posted Apr 13, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  16. DayOfTheDead

DayOfTheDead

I disagree. I don't think it's a good system if it means that innocent people suffer.
    Sadly, it isn't that simple. VPNs are complex things that most websites can't counter, it even took Netflix a while to get protection against them and there are still VPNs that can bypass Netflix. I'm not trying to bring offence to the Mineplex Developers, however, I don't think they'd be able to create something that blocks all VPN users.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 6:35 AM
    PapiKirito likes this.
  17. JMPhase

JMPhase

I remember Badlion was able to block VPNs, I think Mineplex can do it.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 12:32 PM
    PapiKirito likes this.
  18. DayOfTheDead

DayOfTheDead

Really? I stand corrected then.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM
  19. Vertix

Vertix

I would like to argue that VPNs are often not free and although malicious players may be able to find alternatives, these options tend to be very slow - placing hackers at a disadvantage via their upload/download speeds. Top VPN subscriptions can run their customers up to $13 a month, an amount that would highly discourage players from bypassing their bans in this way. Not to mention, most players would rather bring their clients to a different server than focusing on Mineplex through a VPN.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 7:48 PM,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2019 at 9:19 PM
  20. Acerna

Acerna

I just looked up simply “Free VPN” and there’s a top 7 there. Granted, they were mostly trials, as many things have but it could still be used as a free trial to hack

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 8:09 PM