• 1107 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9545 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Anti Cheat

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ssaid, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its trash and useless. pls fix it

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  2. Hey,

GWEN is not perfect, but it is definitely not a useless anti-cheat. It is a lot more accurate than many players believe, it just tends to ban players in ban waves unless there is an extreme violation. Yes, it can kick people incorrectly, and sometimes it can false ban players, but all anti-cheats do this, and so it is almost inevitable. The position for a GWEN Developer is actually open, so any time now or down the track, we can expect to see a new Developer working on improvements and tweaking GWEN to make it overall perform better. Without a Developer, it is hard for the staff team to improve GWEN, so just give them more time until they find a Developer.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  3. A similar thread was actually updated about this. I am going to have to agree with you on some part. The anti-cheat isn’t the best right now but it does have some reasons why. The anti-cheat on Mineplex which is usually known as ‘GWEN’ doesn’t really have a Developer assigned to it right now. The old GWEN developer left the staff team so Mineplex is trying to get another Dev for GWEN. This is probably the reason why GWEN hasn’t been updated or can’t find hackers as easy. It is good when it does properly detect a hacker though if still does miss quite a lot of then also, I’ve experienced this in many different game modes.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Dallarth likes this.
  4. The anti-cheat definitely needs updates and work, I don't think anyone is prepared to dispute that. Like @AyyNick mentioned, it definitely isn't useless and I've personally witnessed it ban hackers quite a few times. The previous anti-cheat developer left so we're currently in the process of finding another who will hopefully improve and bring GWEN fully up to date. Currently the hacked clients are being updated more than GWEN is which in my opinion is why hackers are getting away with it more frequently. Hopefully in the near future we will have a good developer to work on GWEN though!

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    SpitefulNick and AyyNick like this.
  5. Definitely. But programming isn't perfect. Especially for a messy game like Minecraft. (Minecraft is a fun game but the files it was built with is extremely buggy). My point is, I don't think any server can have a "Perfect anti-cheat"

Have a great day
    ~Kavi

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  6. Hey, a while ago I was an AntiCheat Developer for a different server. I can tell you now, it isn't easy coding and getting everything right just for an AntiCheat. It really just annoys me seeing people get mad and complain about it even though they didn't see or understand the stress these Developers go through. Developing is probably the hardest part about being apart of the Staff Team. So don't say it sucks and tell them to fix it when there is no AntiCheat Developer. We had one, but he had to leave because he's trying to focus more on college and his relationship more than a Block Game. I understand because just adding an Developer role to your life on a game is just adding so much more stress. Which means less time with studying on College work, less time spending time with your loved one. Anyways, if you think it sucks Mineplex would be glad to accept you as a new Developer to see how hard it is :) Where? Simple just go to: https://jobs.mineplex.com/. If not interested then theres no need in complaining! :)

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  7. Gwen is bad because it false banned me a lot.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  8. @AyyNick 's answer pretty much sums up what I was going to say. No one here will deny that GWEN needs work but it also isn't the worst anti-cheat out there. It is difficult to "fix" something when there is no developer to update it. We do have a job posting listed at minepelx.com/jobs that outlines the criteria we are looking for but until a new GWEN dev is hired, it may take longer to update GWEN. Unfortunately, that is the reality that we are facing.

As the concern has been addressed, and no further discussion is required, I will be locking this thread now. If you have any further questions about updating GWEN, I encourage you to speak with a Quality Assurance member which you can find at mineplex.com/staff.

Thanks!

Thread Locked > Concern Addressed

Posted Sep 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.