• 660 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9921 Players Online
  • 9261 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Anti - cheat

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by KillenDeath, Jan 5, 2022.

?

Do you want add replay Mode in to game and report mode to everygames in Minecraft(command:/report)

1. YES

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. ni

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. I think we can add some mod into server ( anti cheat mod) like paper in java

Posted Jan 5, 2022
  2. There is an anti-cheat mod called gwen. Everyone knows that it isn't the best because it usually only detects fly hackers. At least they have something though!

Posted Jan 5, 2022
    N0TVexx likes this.
  3. Yeah this is true, it detects fly hackers and some weird movements but I’ve noticed not the greatest at detecting pvp hacks.

Posted Jan 5, 2022
    N0TVexx and LostShrimp13 like this.
  4. I agree , I suggest Mineplex fix anti cheat and this can make more people join this server

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2022
  5. They have lots they are working on so I’m sure it’s on one of there priorities :)

Posted Jan 5, 2022
    N0TVexx likes this.
  6. I’ve talked to some developers and server owners regarding factions anti-cheat plugins, and it’s odd that Mineplex has a mostly working fly plugin, GWEN; I am told by all three of the owners of ECPE that apparently that’s no easy feat. By my understanding, it’s easier to get anti cheat for Java as you can regulate and monitor players tick speeds, packet sending, and other things they might be doing that are odd (NoFall and XRay prevention). Maybe once day we can say the same for Java.

Posted Jan 12, 2022

7. You are correct on this to a point Vorticerix. Even though I do not know which fork server API Mineplex is running off of (even if they are running a forked one). In the past when I was manager of another server, and owned a server, I understand the one of the best working anti-cheats for basic API's that doesn't interfere with other plug-ins is [SAC] (shadow anti-cheat) this works well in detecting PvP hacks and fly hacks as well as no clip and movement. Unfortunately like YxngAP6310, The Mineplex staff team is working hard on lots of things right now. For al the ambitions that the players want to have, the Mineplex staff team is understaffed in my opinion. Anyways even if they got a off-the web anti-cheat system for PHP, they would staff have to put a lot of time and effort in tweaking it to be modified just for the server and all the unique experiences in the server. They would not only have to route it through whatever world link service they use but also have to modify it to work with Mineplex specific API. As I have been ex-senior Mod of one of the rival and upcoming servers, (I won't list it) They have system directly tied with they're staff team on discord and in game. Not only does the anti-cheat notify staff of tagged players, but it also allows players one time to run the command "/report <player> <reason>. This sends a message one time to the entire staff team and to the discord that a player has reported another player for "such". The player who reported only can report that other player that he originally reported one time and one time only until the accused player re-logs. Now if Mineplex wants to move that is the problem. This would mean an entire revamp of a lot of systems with-in the code. This also would mean the potential for lots of new bugs. As I have said before, in my opinion, the Mineplex staff team is overwhelmed with lots of ambitious project right now. Although I have seen some major improvements in the bedrock edition of some of the latest problems... They still have work to do and they are currently working on them. My advice to you would be to tank the staff team for what they can do and what they are doing, as well as thank them in advance for pushing strong to the servers next ambitious goals.

Posted Jan 12, 2022
  8. It’s not impossible to detect lel.

Posted Jan 12, 2022
  9. Yeah I agree. CakeWars has people with kill aura, reach, or they don’t get damage knock back. This happens abt 20%-40% of the time, and they almost never get kicked.

Posted Jan 12, 2022
  10. YES

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2022
  11. We
    need add replay mode and add report mode in games not just in the websites it wastes time

OP OP
  12. I agree, I feel that for most people (95%) its too much of a hassle to go to the website create an account and contact staff leaving video evidence of a hacker.

Posted Jan 12, 2022
  13. A lot people think go to website is so boring and need long time and need have VIDEO EVIDENCE so we need have replay mode and report mode in the game! I agree!

OP OP
  14. Maybe, But I still do it each and every time. At this point I have resorted to screen recording every cakewars game, and if the hacker breaks my cake I provide a simple ultimatum: if their team wins, they get reported. If they lose, I “don’t” report them. It’s funny that now and again some of them change their minds, seeing how fast they can take their defenses down and kill their members.

Posted Jan 14, 2022
    Diestraction likes this.
  15. so you're telling me that some of these blatant hackers, who you even record, actually get scared about getting banned?

I genuinely didn't believe that was possible tbh, hackers in most games, especially the blatant ones, don't care about getting banned

Also: this idea sounds like pure evil, and I love it

Posted Jan 14, 2022
  16. That is true, however you can’t make a report without evidence on any server, and a in-game report system is planned for the server.

Posted Jan 14, 2022
  17. There has already been a report command ingame ( /report )

Posted Jan 14, 2022
  18. ive seen so many fly hackers, and GWEN doesnt kick them ._.

Posted Jan 14, 2022
  19. how long has it been planned for?

Posted Jan 14, 2022
  20. Not exactly sure, when I asked in the discord the answer I got was “a couple years at this point”.

Posted Jan 14, 2022