• 1359 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7885 Players Online
  • 6526 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Another way to queue up for games [Command Suggestion]

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Evgeen, Mar 29, 2019.

?

What do you thing about /queue?

1. It's a good addition. I like it!

100.0%
  2. I don't like it / It won't be rather useful thing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there!

Today I'd like to suggest a small idea which can be useful for players.

Currently, to queue up for a game we have to do it in the Main Lobby in a compass and other ways are not possible to besides /nbg (which just queue you up for the recent games). Some people don't want to back to the lobby to queue another game.

My suggestion is to add /queue command (and their aliases /q, /play) to faster queue for games:
    Basically, this command will be available from anyplace on the network and after using with a game name will start searching for this game. Player will able to queue up for any game directly on a game server without leaving it after he died in the previous game. As a game name, you will able to use it in any form (examples are below). Also, it can be good to add auto-completion for this command when you press Tab key, there it will suggest you all available games to queue for.

Examples of Games Forms:
    CW4 = CakeWarsStandard = CakeWars
    SSM = SuperSmashMobs
    PB = SuperPaintball = Paintball
    BH = BlockHunt
    and etc.

@Wiz_Techno's suggestion to this idea:
    [​IMG]

edit #1

It should be easy to implement because a game searching thing is already available on games servers but in the form of /nbg.
    Why we can't just add an ability to queue to any game on the game server after we will out from the game just like it's with /nbg.

A while ago I suggested this idea in GI Discord but it did not get big attention there, so that's why I'm creating this idea thread. I hope that you will like it.

Posted Mar 29, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 30, 2019
    unsorrowful, Snowing_, Chrris and 4 others like this.
  2. you are probably gonna get denied since i suggested the same idea before and it got denied

Posted Mar 29, 2019
  3. Hey!

I could see this really going somewhere! I don’t play on java, so I’m not 100% sure how you queue for games, but a /play sounds like a brilliant idea. My suggestions would be to change it from /queue to /play, and have the codes for games the normal title -instead of CW it would be CakeWars.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  4. Oh. I found your post with the same idea. Actually, it was not denied yet.

I suggested this idea on 17th January 2019 on GI Discord Server. It got positive feedback there but anyway it was not paid a lot of attention to it. Moppletop a while ago said that it will be added but sadly it never happened.
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 29, 2019
  5. Hey Evgeen!
    I am not really a big fan of this idea for the following reasons:
    1) It is kinda like the "Searching for game" tool. I don't really see the point in having two of practically the same things.
    2) If too many people do ./queue at the same time, it would just cause insane lag and maybe even cause people to lag out of the server, due to the high lag of everyone doing the same command at once. Yeah, I know you mean /queue <Game. But I mean if too many people like the same game and do /queue at the same time, for example: cakewars! If everyone does /queue cakewars at the same time, it would just be chaotic. I hope you see where I am coming from with this! No offense intended, if I did so. Thanks! Sorry If I hurt you in any way. Thanks, once again!
    ~DuvL_

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  6. That would actually be rather convenient to queue from a minigame server and still wait in there instead of having to go back to the main lobby, and queue for the games you want. I can think of a lot of scenarios - mainly with parties - where this would work very well! Adding such a command seems very simple yet it will be a cool QoL change to see :D

+1

I don't see what you mean here. If everyone queued for one game with a command, it would do the exact same thing if everyone queued from the lobby npc. The chances that 1k players simultaneously queue for the same game is rather slim anyway. Also, a lot of players type commands at the same time, and it doesn't have any lag impact whatsoever (people doing /stats, /party, /hub, /com, etc at the same time!). If everyone used this command all at once, again it is very unlikely that it would happen but it wouldn't have a huge impact.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Evgeen and xLeopard like this.
  7. The chances shouldn't really matter.
    It should be about thinking about the server in general. If anything is unlikely, again it is about thinking about the server as a whole and not just thinking about the individual chances. As you stated,
    These aren't really problems with the idea. It is about how the server suffers and not the chances of each groups of people.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  8. Love the idea! I remember another player suggesting something similar to this on the forums and it got a lot of positive feedback. Having this command would be more efficient for queuing instead of going up to the NPC to join or using the quick compass. Also, if your mouse dies, this would be a lifesaver to just type the command to queue for a game instead. It seems like a nice QoL change to the queuing system and I really see no harm in adding it. I don’t think a command like /queue would really affect the server as much as it’s basically the same thing as queuing with the ‘Quick Compass’ or clicking on the NPC to search for a game, like Nicodami said. I haven’t experienced issues with the server lagging or suffering while using other commands like /hub or /party. Anyway, thanks for submitting the idea, I hope something like this could be implemented sometime in the future! Have a great day.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Evgeen and Nicodami like this.
  9. I suggested this too woa!

Honestly though, I do really like this idea. I've been having some issues with the hotbar in the lobby recently where if I click on something too fast after doing something else (usually entering the lobby) then I can't use that item, and it's pretty annoying having to /server to another lobby to just queue for a game. Don't know if anyone else has the same issue, it's very annoying but I digress. I already mentioned /server, which is a command we already have just for switching lobbies (and of course game lobbies), kind of like what the hub clock does, so why not for game queuing? I do really enjoy this idea and would love to see it added. +1

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Wiz likes this.
  10. Hello,
    I love this idea! I think it would be great to be able to queue from any lobby and not just the main lobby. It would nice to be able to continue spectating in one game lobby and be able to queue for any other game. Personally I do not see any issues with this quality of life change and think it would be received positively. Thanks for the cool idea, its a +1 from me!

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  11. Yo, Evgeen!

I think this would be a great addition to Mineplex, as it only adds more convenience for players. As you know, we currently have the /nbg command and the setting in /prefs to always send you to the next available match once your game has been completed. Unfortunately, these commands/settings have their limitations, since they will only queue you for the next available game of the game you are currently playing. Adding a /queue (/play, /q, etc.) command would improve the player experience on Mineplex, since players can use it all across the network. Although it may be redundant in normal lobbies, it is a much more efficient way of switching games from outside the lobby.

To conclude, I fully support the addition of this command, although some tweaks may be required for it to be fully viable.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Wiz and Evgeen like this.
  12. Hmm, back then it was denied instantly... weird.

Posted Mar 30, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  13. Yeah, I am in full support of this idea. I remember seeing you suggest this in the GI discord and mopple saying he would add it. Which I was kind of confused for second because I thought after that he added it already haha. This is a simple QoL change and wouldn't be bad to have at all so why not. +1

Posted Mar 30, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  14. Hello @Evgeen!

I love this idea and it's been suggested many many times. Sam even said he would implement it but unfortunately left before that happened. Either way, I definitely see this being implemented onto the network!
    First of all I have a quick suggestion to improve the idea: If you just type CakeWars then it'll display the "Would you like to choose Duos or Fours?" menu. This would happen for any of the games you were too general or didn't give the specific gamemode. The thing I might worry about with this suggestion is consistency between each game's queue name. On Hypixel the /queue command is a complete mess and you have to refer to a spreadsheet just to figure out new game's alias for the Queue Command. This is because they have 0 consistency when it comes to the command. On Mineplex is we ensure consistency between all the game's aliases for the suggested Queue Command hopefully the idea will turn out great. Lastly, the one thing that annoys me a lot is commands that devs don't have autocomplete tab built into the command. If this is implemented then I would hope that the developer who works on it (Jay because let's be real no one else does anything) would make it have the autocomplete feature for even easier access.

Link us to that thread, please.

There's a thing called command aliases on Java. It'd be easy to make it /queue or /play.

It's called having multiple ways to do something so it's more accessible. Many people have suggested this so it's not an unpopular idea and would go well with more competitive players who want to easily get into a game right when connecting to the network.

I suggest you understand how commands, Java, and plugin development works before saying such a completely incorrect statement. That's not how commands work at all. Please don't deter from the OP's thread on stuff you don't understand. This command would be very lightweight and wouldn't cause lag at all to implement even if 100+ players were executing it at once. Also, the queue system would not create "chaos" if more people used it. The system is designed to hold people in a queue which is meant to systematically put people into lobbies no matter how many people are queued.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Mar 30, 2019
  15. It could cause crashes, so don't say that at all.

Posted Mar 30, 2019
  16. I appreciate that people in this thread supported this idea. Some questions/issues were already answered by @Nicodami and @Wiz_Techno.

I'll have something to answer too for Wiz's suggestion:
    I actually like this suggestion. This menu will be shown only when you did not specify what sub-mode (besides Solo/Teams games) of the game do you want. It will happen if you use 'CakeWars' (like you said) & with 'CW'. When it will be used without mention Solo/Teams (SG, SSM, SKY), it will queue you to Solo queue without asking. The same with other Solo/Teams games. If you will use 'SGTeams', it will queue you to Teams mode. I also mentioned auto-completion with Tab in my main post too. I'll update my main post with your suggestion.

If you did not notice but I already found this thread and mentioned it in that post.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 30, 2019
  17. Hey there!

I would love to see the queue command add to the server and it's an easier way to join a game! I do not see that it is important to add a simple command because you can able to right-click a compass and pick a gamemode you want to play. I'm not be going to disagree with this idea, but it is helpful to some expert players who like to use their command in chat. Overall, that will be a QoL change in the server, so I will agree with the idea that you have! +1

Posted Mar 30, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  18. Heyo!

I really like this idea! One quick thing though, instead of having to type /q CW4 or /q CakeWars, what if typing those commands you listed brought up the compass menu? I feel like it would be easier for casual players to have the visual of the menu, instead of having to remember what to type for a specific game. This also helps if they don't know what a game is called, or would like to try out games they haven't played before!

Overall though, I really like the idea for a QoL change, and would certainly appreciate having this added!

Posted Mar 31, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  19. Hey there!

A similar idea has been suggested in the past and fortunately, it has been processed. This command can be useful and a time saver for players. We'll make sure we bring this idea up in the next QoL update. I'll lock this thread and apply the "Processed" tag since this idea is planned. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!

Thread Locked >> Idea Processed

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Wiz, yulufi / Sean and Evgeen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.