• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Annoying players / balancing in turf wars

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by SniperX52, Apr 13, 2019 at 6:20 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can I just clarify something.
    They weren’t hacking I reported them both yesterday and they have both been on since.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:01 PM
  2. Thank you for that information SniperX52, that is appreciated.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:03 PM
  3. leo_thya

leo_thya

It was stated, by Steven. You even quoted him when he said that.

“Ive actually never seen such thing.
    But i guess report them at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. Hopefully you recorded them”

What I said was to point out how the statement above is illogical because the OP never talked about how the players were hacking nor was that even the subject of the thread, which was talking about team balancing. Me saying reporting players for being good, was said to show how it’s illogical, not to make a joke about reporting good players.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 7:30 PM
    PapiKirito likes this.
  4. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

The comments on this made me facepalm.

I'm not a regular TF player, and I didn't even know that it ignores parties previous to reading this, but I like the idea of basing teams off stats. So +1 from me on that. However, even if this is added, stats don't always equate skill level and you will still occasionally deal with stacked teams. Imo the best solution to your problem would be to play more and improve your own skill level so you can compete.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 8:41 PM
    cerns likes this.
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    You see leo_thya, this issue is: you have a poor opinion of what a person says or how is was said, and that is only what you chose to focus on in all the posting you have done in this post, not what the OP was talking about. It is your opinion, solely, when you say that to you it is illogical, I don't know why when I find it perfectly understandable.
    Yes, I quoted Steven190's post and I understand it clearly that is why your post were only done to point out your opinion and offend ... not necessary to call a player illogical because you fail to understand, and as stated, what Steven190 said was clear, if in doubt report. Just because he said he actually never seen such a thing, doesn't mean tell the OP, in his statement, to report them.
    If you read the recent post by OP SniperX52, what did he say he did? He reported them. Now was that illogical of him to do? ...just because he didn't state he thought they were hacking in his post, he left it for Mineplex to make that decision and they did and these two players were not punished so not hacking and just damm good, ok.
    You have never been on topic in this post, your sole purpose was to take one person's post and condemm it for what in your sole opinion was illogical, just like the player who had to post to mine and say it was ******ed. The OP did not have to clarify every detail of what he may or may not do regarding the experience he had, he did not have to inform any of us that he may or may not have thought they were possible hackers because he post's focus was on the distribution of player to teams being unbalanced. We don't know, he may have taken what Steven190 said and sent the video off for review in Reports, he may have already did that when he made this post, those facts aren't made know because they don't have to be, but he did record and submit, based on those 2 facts what Steven190 suggested was accurate, just as well as what I stated: to report when in doubt is a good idea, does not harm a good player if they are legit.
    ... so in the future consider what you want to say and to whom and why, then decide was it necessary to say. It just wasn't. There is no need for you to site my post here, again, and make another comment to the underlining suggestion to players which is: If in Doubt, Report! Please ... get it!

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 11:56 AM
    Steven190 likes this.
  5. leo_thya

leo_thya

There’s nothing wrong about pointing out something about a reply.

When the person literally says to report people even thought the OP clearly just said they were good players, I don’t understand how that’s logical. You’re saying that he’s saying “when in doubt, report”, but he never said that so don’t put words in his mouth, whether it was his intentions or not.

Yeah my reply was to call out how his reply was illogical. What he said was clear, yes, but it was illogical. He never stated that if in doubt, report.

I mean, if you report someone knowing that they are just good, it is illogical to do.

Yes, that is true and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Which is exactly why Steven’s post was unneeded and illogical. The OP never stated whether he thought the players were hacking or not, so why reply and say to report them?

This is what you’re saying, not what he is saying.

EDIT: If you’re going to reply, please add some punctuation when necessary because sometimes it’s hard for me to read/comprehend your replies.

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 1:55 PM,
    Last edited Apr 16, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    PapiKirito likes this.
  6. leo_thya, the OP SniperX52 made this post for a purpose, and you fail to see that you are off topic, and using this solely to pick apart what someone says for no good reason at all, whether it was what Steven190 said in the beginning to what I have just stated and asked that you discontinue, you choose not to stop.
    This post has had a purpose and I believe and hope that OP SniperX52 may agree that this post has served it's purpose and the question on balancing in Turf wars has been addressed and the need for this post to continue is not necessary. Especially, when it is currently being used to solely pick apart what someone says, causing this post to have lost its's useful purpose. I am hoping that OP SniperX52 agrees with this conclusion and asks that a Forum Ninja lock this thread. Thank you. If he chooses not to, the subject is closed leo_thya.

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 2:17 PM
  7. One other issue with using stats to group people for games would be if you want to play with a friend that's not as good you and you want to play games with them and or teach one tips, you won't be in the same games to do so.

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 3:04 PM
  8. cerns

cerns

I mean...half the mineplex community already hackusates for no reason so its not too much of a stretch

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 3:51 PM
  9. A lot of people like to play in parties which also explains why stacked players are on the same team

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 4:12 PM
  10. PandaFyre

PandaFyre

hi hi all! I’ll be locking this thread as to prevent a flamewar from starting, feel free to contact me if you have any further questions!

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 3:08 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.