• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Annoying players / balancing in turf wars

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by SniperX52, Apr 13, 2019 at 6:20 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was in turf wars game earlier and there were these two annoying players ,Ogygaming and Eighty80Eight8. They seemed to be friends but rivals at the same time idk how they knew each other. They were both really good at the game but were not that high level when they were on the same team they were essentially unbeatable for the average player (like me). I thought Mabey a team balancing system based on Kill death ratio or win loss ratio would work instead of one based on level. I’m not sure if I’m the only one with this problem or if it’s affecting lots of people. I know some will say “get good” but these players were killing us before we reached the turf let alone pulled back our bows.

Thanks for reading

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:20 PM
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  2. Lol i used to think in cakewars, they used player stats to make teams but i like it balanced +1

Also when i read the 1st 2 words, I thought it was gonna be a list of annoying players.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:48 PM,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2019 at 4:51 PM
  3. Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:55 PM
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  4. From what i read, i never heard them say there was a hacker/cheater

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM
  5. I’m pretty sure they weren’t hacking.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 6:06 AM
  6. leo_thya

leo_thya

Yeah, report players for being good? lol

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 11:44 AM
  7. Whatever
    --- Post updated ---
    I like how people here went against me lmao.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 12:38 PM
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  8. O88ygaming

O88ygaming

We generally try to go easy on people but not too easy so that people can learn new things. But Ogy gets board really easy so when it’s round five he tends to just end the game.

-Eighty80Eight8

Oh btw I remember you sniperx52 I think that you should try working on your long range shots.
    --- Post updated ---
    Forgot to say I like the idea of a stat based team picking system.

Ogygaming

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 4:34 PM
    cerns and Mystic 0440 like this.
  9. The system Turf Wars uses if perfectly fine in what you want to call balancing out the teams, to the point it ignores that you have a party going in and will even move you in the last 5 seconds before game starts. As you described they play teamed and against each other when separated by the system. So don't know why them being separated was an issue for you or the team you were on and mostly players complain when the good players are not on their team because they are consistently losing. I am on the Turf Wars leadersboard in the 2nd place position, I am good, I am never great and no one is, we all have our good and bad days and the days we are more effected by lag or glitches than others, but yes, to complain that you happened to be up against 2 really good players, and blame the system for them being against you which according to what I read was not the whole time you played which also sounds like definitely more than one game, they never stayed together.
    If I was in game with my friends who are pretty darn good power players, I want us on the same team and we try to be just like anyone who has a Turf group they play with want to be teamed, and as I said, even if we go in and try to be teamed the system can move any one of us in those last 5 seconds before game start, and we will play, but we don't solely focus in taking each other out, I tend to focus on the teammate verse my stronger ally/friend, so I would be taking you out also, no different than they did, and if you happened to keep coming from where I just shot you coming out the door, I will definitely be waiting on your exiting and have you downed again. I am sorry but the more experience you are in turf the more you know the movements of the players who aren't experienced and are predictable, it is not the fault of the players killing you, it is that you need to learn some more techniques for self survival, we do, and you might not like how a power player plays, I don't have to leave spawn to kill you, and I am a long distance shooter and can shoot you from my spawn and kill you near or at your spawn, even though I can't physically see you, I don't need to and I don't hack so there are obvious ways to know where your shooting without having to see the player. Not teaching you here techniques, just telling you.
    Your complaining that a team isn't balanced, but I have to say is having no rank doesn't determine that you are any good and if you believe that the system moved players because there are too many ranked players on a team, no is what I say. it doesn't. The reasoning is: You can be a Duke or Duchess and be a level 5 and you can be a Duchess as myself and be a level 89, but if I didn't buy rank, I would still be a level 89 player with experience, so it has nothing to do with Rank. Rank is purchased and doesn't tell you experience. I tend not to speak in a game so you would not know what my level is, you might see Rank but that isn't as I said a accurate guide to experience. So that philosophy is wrong. When you said "I know some will say "get good"... yup that is the answer, practice make experience and perfects your aim, so practice, yes, get good, I wasn't at first, but I am now, especially on my good days.

I will also comment to what Steven190 stated and the response of leo_thya:

Steven190 stated that he hasn't experienced what your reporting and I believe that would be the unequal teaming, and based on you stating the players shot you immediately coming out the door he suggested for you to make a report. This response to most of you and especially spoken by leo_thya, was "Yeah, report a player for being good", because as someone stated no one said they are hackers.
    They very well could have been and then they very well are just really good players. If you have video evidence of the players and your stating you couldn't get out he door without being shot, and you are not sure if that is a darn good player < or > a hacker using aimbot, then I agree 100% with Steven190, report them, if they are a legit player and that good there will be no evidence of using a hack to shoot and your report will not harm them, but if they are using a hack like aimbot they will know that also, you don't have to be a obvious hacker to be hacking. It is Mineplex' job to make sure they aren't. Besides, yes, being a really good shot does get you accused of hacking, and I have been accused many times as well as a moderator friend of mine says he does, and what I tell the players who want to accuse me, is to report me if they really feel I am a hacker, but you will have to provide them with video evidence and leave it up to them to determine your hackusation is true or not, because if your wrong nothing will happen to me, and since I don't hack, go ahead and report is my philosophy. Besides, most accusations of hacking is done when a team is losing... players who do that i... it is called tacky, and poor games-manship!
    So for those of you who were amused and liked the fact that someone suggested making a report on the players as too funny to suggest reporting good players... well, first off; it wasn't amusing and funny, and secondly; you could be wrong and they could be hacking... so who to better confirm or deny that is Mineplex's report system. So, this suggestion to report was not and never is a bad suggestion, if in doubt report. Period. It was not amusing, it was a very legitimate suggestion.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    Steven190 and O88ygaming like this.
  10. O88ygaming

O88ygaming

Im gonna be honest here I just skipped most of this and I’m guessing 88 will too when she sees this but i get the general idea that you think the system is fine as it is. I think the randomisation idea works to an extent but when in a game with several good players if the randomiser puts them all on one team or the majority of them on one team then the game is very one sided so I think that a system which picks teams based on stats not just level or rank would help make the game fairer and more enjoyable for all since the sides will be more evenly matched and it will come very close making the playing experience all the more interesting.

About what you said on hackers We both think a lot of people just think that they are the best and anyone better than them must be hacking we also think those that do not think themselves the best will usually end up being one of the best. We both receive lots of hackusations and when we say we aren’t hacking most reply saying something like “you can’t be that good at that low level” so we just ignore them and tell them to report us and we can both say we have never been banned.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 12:08 PM
    Mystic 0440 likes this.

11. I would agree to anything that makes the gaming system a better experience for the players, but challenging! So, yes,Turf has occasionally those wonderful games of challenge where you are against a team that is equal to your team because it did get set for some reason that way, and is more rare than normal. Again with the but, guess what, the experience I have with that is: ... players get bored in long, drawn out, challenging Turf War games, and as a result - leave, they want it fast and quick moving, and on to another game. Plus, the evenly matched games a lot of the time run out of time and the game ends, with that no one won and no one gets any xp for the game and they feel it was a long waste of their time because we all play to get the xp to up our levels and when you don't after a long game, it's disappointing. So, as long as we have timed Turf War games, we all lose in a perfectly matched game, that is why this system as unfair as some believe it to be really isn't unfair in the long run of how players want to play. Just remember those games of evenly matched competition, and it's going long, how do those games usually get won without it going to a dead heat... the players that are bored have quit reducing one or the others teams, and you can be the stand alone player again 5. Ok, not saying that can't be won by the stand alone player which it can and those of us who have done it can take a team who is knocking at your door way to your spawn all the way back to their spawn and have them lose, which I have already done. But, preferable, no, I would rather play a full team game, because what happens at the end of the game where the one sole person wins against the 5, do they stick around for the next game ....no. So, they are so many variables in Turf War, and for me I still will stand to say it is divided up in the best interests of how the majority of players want to play.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 12:36 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  12. O88ygaming

O88ygaming

Damn your right we never thought of actual player intrest we only thought of what we like

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 1:20 PM
    Steven190 and Mystic 0440 like this.
  13. Exactly, well stated. Really here ive recieved such disrespect especially by Leo_thya.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 4:04 PM
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  14. Jaekub

Jaekub

That's what my brother does XD

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 4:17 PM
  15. I get what your saying and not a bad idea, would turn into a "competitive league" game play with players with better stats, which I'm not against being the bedrock #1 turf wars player, might be kinda fun. The flip side is I have played against people that were level 10 and played great, also, they may have low amount of games but played well, if their stats are good they would be placed in the good stats group and may have trouble against them that have played a lot of games and know strategies where the newer player hasn't figured out yet, and that wouldn't be fun for those people. The game isn't set based on levels.

The game is pretty well balanced the way it is IMO.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 4:31 PM
    O88ygaming likes this.
  16. leo_thya

leo_thya

I don’t know how pointing something out for being illogical is now somehow disrespectful?

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 5:28 PM
    PapiKirito likes this.
  17. It was the way you said it, instead of writing that, you could have said. Something like, "the players who Sniper is talking about have done nothing wrong they've done this" or something like that.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 5:32 PM
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  18. Well, leo_thya, in my opinion stating to report a player you may think is hacking even though that wasn’t ever stated IS NEVER a wrong direction to take if you have been reading the full posts. You making a joke out of what you call reporting good players IS COMPLETELY inappropriate and yes disrespectful. Nothing said they couldn’t have been hacking so an unsure player can and should report, as stated it is Mineplex job to confirm or deny...

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 5:39 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  19. Qlout

Qlout

• Disrespect
    are you mentally disabled

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 5:54 PM
    Sam ♡ and leo_thya like this.
  20. O88ygaming

O88ygaming

Ya know I’m pretty sure that was meant to be a joke.

-Eighty80Eight8

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 5:57 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.