• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Annoying Morphs

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ohRepo, Mar 11, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. Remove morphs abilities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Keep them

23 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. ohRepo

ohRepo

Hello Players, I've come to talk about Morphs in Mineplex. Now I spend most of my time on Mineplex in lobbies talking to other people, and in most cases, some players start abusing the morphs powers to annoy other players, I find it very annoying and most people might agree as well. Morphs like: Guardian, Wither, Creeper, have the power to move other players around with their abilities. What I want to suggest is that those specific morphs should not be able to use their abilities in lobbies. Most of you might think that it ruins the point of the morph and some might disagree. But this is just me; I'd love to hear you're thoughts below :)

Edit:
    Seen all you're replies, I completely agree. Some of you have suggested hiding in the hub which is a good idea, but it isn't fun to keep running away from people due to this issue. There should be a new feature to disable stuff like this so people who are annoyed won't get affected by it. I hope you consider this, I'm not asking to remove them. I'm asking for a reference to this issue. Thank you.

Posted Mar 11, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 14, 2019 at 3:49 PM
    Hqzardous likes this.
  2. ppancake

ppancake

You're right; I'm about to say iit defeats the point of morphs.
    With the new system, Butch, when you're teleported to a game, it'll begin very soon. That would be the only other place to utilize these morphs, and with the limited time, it's pointless to even select the morph. In implementing what you're suggesting, we're also decreasing the value of ranks more, which is already low.
    Just find a place to hide.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    ohRepo and Chrris like this.
  3. Zomaholic

Zomaholic

Sure, the morphs you mentioned can be annoying and as ppancake said finding a place to hide is one solution.
    Another solution I have is to use mounts as there are far less things that can move these around, for example, one mount I use to stop people moving me is the cake mount, however this is a rare mount but any other mount will work too.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    ohRepo likes this.
  4. darkmeen

darkmeen

Hi!

I can see where you're coming from but I don't think that any action will be taken to prevent this. Morphs and other cosmetics are enabled in lobbies (excepting Lobby-1 that sometimes gets comsetic disabled) so players can have fun using them. I understand that you may get annoyed by some people when they start abusing them but I don't think there's pretty much you can do about it.
    I suggest you switching the lobby if you can't find peace or try to find a quiet place in the lobby, somewhere where players can't find you. Or you can just annoy them back. :sigils:

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    ohRepo likes this.
  5. _Petty

_Petty

I see your point of view, its true players do use the morphs to be quite annoying and can interrupt players that are trying to conversate, however, morphs are designed to be crazy and fun, removing the ability to use them in the hub would be really bad considering that the new lobby system only lets you sit in the lobby for a very short amount of time. There are however, some areas in the lobby that you can not be affected by a morph, other than the ones that make noise. Stand in the middle of the hub and morph abilities can not be used, if someone is just spamming a certain noise, just move to a different area where players are less likely to go or just turn off your game sounds. Just try to make the best of it, if someone starts spamming cat noises, morph into something else that makes noises and spam them back (you might make a friend with them cause it may give you a good laugh)

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    ohRepo likes this.
  6. Chrris

Chrris

Although I agree that morphs are annoying, I disagree with disabling in lobbies. That's where most people go to play around with cosmetics, but I do suggest a preference in /prefs to disable velocity from cosmetics.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    ohRepo and _Petty like this.
  7. ohRepo

ohRepo

Seen all you're replies, I completely agree. Some of you have suggested hiding in the hub which is a good idea, but it isn't fun to keep running away from people due to this issue, It's starting to feel like a hide and seek game. There should be a new feature to disable stuff like this so people who are annoyed won't get affected by it. I hope you consider this, I'm not asking to remove them. I'm asking for a reference to this issue. Thank you.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 3:48 PM
  8. Gkinz

Gkinz

Hey! I can see your frustration with these morphs, but I would have to disagree with disabling them in lobbies since that would be taking away from the players. In terms of disabling the features, I can see that as a possible feature, but I personally feel like the morphs/gadgets are meant to be annoying to some extent. Obviously not to the point where it gets in your way to play a game or something, but just a little addition for amusement. Additionally, if someone is really bothering you, you could leave and join another lobby. However, I've never had any really serious encounters with this, so I'd like to see other input on it

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    ohRepo likes this.
  9. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Unfortunately, I will have to disagree with disabling morphs in the lobby. Having morphs and cosmetics in the lobby is where players can have fun using theirs. Of course, they have the freedom to use it anytime they want to. My only preference is to keep the morphs and cosmetics enabled unless if it is going too chaotic.

I do not agree with having it to disable all the time because that will take their enjoyments away from them. The rest of the players will be disappointed to see it disable all the morphs. The only solution is to find an empty lobby area or find somewhere to hide. I know that it is kind of annoying, but you might have to get over it. In the end, I will say that it is no from me sadly. -1

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM
    ohRepo likes this.
  10. StephenTries

StephenTries

Heya!

I disagree with disabling morphs in the Lobby. If I'm honest, where else would you use them? It's rare you spend long in a game lobby, I roughly have 30 seconds max in a lobby and then the game starts and I'm straight into another one when I die.

I believe there used to be setting in /prefs that you could use to disable the effects of morphs and gadgets in lobbies, however I now think that that's just reserved for Mod+ now (or as a Trainee I just never bothered to check). I'm really not too sure, I'm thinking a while back here haha. I think they should reimplement that- put it back in /prefs for everyone because gadgets can be very annoying. I think this would make a lot of players on Mineplex happy as they would agree that, yeah, they can both be singlehandedly the banes of Mineplex. When I was doing the Lava Parkour pretty recently, somebody decided to put melons down in front of the first jump meaning we had an extra speed boost that made the parkour impossible. So I had to move lobbies to complete it.

So yeah, reimplement it into /prefs so people can decide whether they want to be bothered by morphs and gadgets! That'd work just fine in my opinion:)

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 8:20 PM
    ohRepo likes this.
  11. Keep em', but make it so there is an option to turn of morph effects on you.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 9:57 PM
    ohRepo likes this.
  12. Sven

Sven

Hey there!

I can totally see where you are coming from and I would agree with you that sometimes the excessive use of morphs and gadgets can be awfully annoying - especially when im trying to build something on the staff build island.

However I would agree with @Phamtastic that this would not be a good idea because it takes away the fun and the whole purpose associated with gadgets and morphs - which is to have fun by annoying others. By disabling these features, we would greatly limit a player's ability to actuallly use the gadgets as @ppancake has mentioned - there is not a lot of time in pre-game lobbies to use cosmetics. Aditionally, because Mineplex is more intently focused on the developement of cosmetics, disabling morphs and gadgets would run contrary to what we are developing and selling via the shop. -1

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 8:52 AM
    ohRepo likes this.
  13. ohRepo

ohRepo

Yeah that's what I mean. We should have a feature in /prefs to disable these effects. it shouldn't only be the staff team.
    --- Post updated ---
    I edited it a bit, I'm not asking for removal i'm asking for a feature in /prefs to disable effects,

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    RealDiamondKitty08 and Sven like this.
  14. stryze

stryze

If I am not mistaken, this was actually a feature in the earlier days of Mineplex. Players could go into their /prefs and disable their hub stacker (rip) and gadget/morph knockback. I couldn't tell you the exact reason it was removed, but I imagine it was because most players kept these settings off, rendering a lot of cosmetics useless most of the time. In terms of bringing it back..... eh, I say let gadgets be annoying.

Edit: This was brought up in Idea Discussion a few months ago:
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/lobby-gadget-pref-idea.2660/

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 10:20 AM
  15. Waspter

Waspter

Hiya! I don't really agree with this idea as morphs are actually quite fun to use! Players can use morphs to make time pass by (I actually do that), and just generally have fun with them. Removing this, as said by Pancake, would also make the ranks worth less, which isn't really something that we want to. However, I can see that it's a bit frustrating that you get bashed around, but try to hide away from the people who are using those morphs.

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 12:24 PM
  16. TexHooper

TexHooper

I think we could only be even close to happening when we are able to see our own morphs. Without the abilities we are still just our skins.

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 12:36 PM
  17. ThanksPyro

ThanksPyro

Hello!
    As many above have stated, taking out the morphs entirely would not be the best for the server, as many players use them as a way of passing time, and to mess around with each other. Also, if someone buys a chest and wins a morph from it, they spent their well-earned treasure shards on that, and it wouldn't be right to not allow them to use it. It could however be a good feature to have an area where you can disable the effects of morphs on you personally, like in your player settings. Thank you for your input :)

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 3:55 PM
  18. Marzie

Marzie

Just wanted to point out that the reason staff have a toggle for not taking knockback is for moderation purposes and the fact that people love to try and annoy staff with gadgets. I disagree with giving community people the option to disable knockback because we use gadgets like flesh hooks and other morphs to determine if someone is lagging or actually not taking knockback or actually flying with a client. If this was implemented to the community, us staff would probably 100% not be able to punish for these hacks at all in lobbies.

Posted Mar 16, 2019 at 1:41 PM
  19. Hqzardous

Hqzardous

I think that Morphs should definitely be kept, but this brings back an idea I had concerning gadgets, which I may make its own thread. Flesh hooks/other gadgets can be very annoying and I was thinking if there was just a player setting to have them not affect you, that would be ideal. If you wanted to stand in the lobby while waiting or just talking to friends, hiding from the Morph affect or Gadget is inconvenient but the only way to get away from it. I dont think either should be removed, just have a setting to disable it individually.

Posted Mar 16, 2019 at 3:48 PM
    RealDiamondKitty08 likes this.
  20. Brcdy

Brcdy

hello !

I don't think disabling annoying morphs in lobbies would be a good feature. As it might be infuriating for getting blown up by a Guardian Morph but it is for players to have fun with their cosmetics. As it might be subjective which morph is considered annoying. If this does happen, there would have to be flexibility with particles effects and gadgets as well. Since those can have the same effects as an annoying morph. Examples would be the Rain Cloud Particles & Flesh Hooks. As well for Staff Members trying to punish anyone in a lobby with Timer or Flight. Since giving community members the ability to have no knockback would be extremely difficult to determine if they are cheating or not.
    I personally don't agree but I do see your point in this idea.

have a great day gamer! zzz

Posted Mar 16, 2019 at 5:09 PM