• 620 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8519 Players Online
  • 7899 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

An old CTF player wants to see old CTF maps!

Discussion in 'Champions' started by pokebaby, Jun 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi, when i was in middle school (im in college now for reference) i would play CTF on mineplex like all day everyday. (idk if there are still leaderboards from that long ago, but back then i played on my brother's account PokeMathster if anyone wants to check my stats) it was my favorite game and i would always pick the kit that let you throw snowballs and trap people in ice bubbles :) now the game is basically dead from what ive seen unfortunately, but ive always wanted to go back and play the old maps i used to play or at least just look at them for nostalgia. i was wondering- is there any staff who could find a way to show me the ctf maps that were around in like approximately 2012-2016? maybe let me tour them somehow, or send links to pictures of the maps, or share map files, or give me the igns/discords of the people who created those maps? i just want to see them again so bad, but theres not nearly enough players to get a game started, and i also doubt the same old maps are still there right now.

i remember there was a map with wooden docks over water and stairs you had to climb up on either side to reach the flag, there was a mainly stone map where you jump down from a ledge at spawn and a big hill you can climb, a map with a big pond with lily pads and wooden slabs, and one where the flag area is in front of spawn with hedges around it and a mountain in mid and two ditches with bridges on either side, another one that was like a mostly white space station i think? is there anyone else who used to play ctf back then and remembers what im talking about? thats what i can remember off the top of my head. i also remember i think the flag areas for your own team was blocked off so people can't camp flag. i thought this was interesting because i havent seen this in any of the other ctf servers ive seen.

anyway im getting sidetracked, bottom line i would really appreciate if theres a staff member that could either show me the map files or start a ctf game for me just so i can explore all the old maps and see what the game used to be like. i cant stop thinking about it and the nostalgia is taking over me lol. i know this is a bit of an unconventional thing to ask, but i would appreciate it a lot. i literally cannot get this off my mind. thanks for reading!

my discord is anj#2222 in case anyone can give me any more info on these maps. my nitro runs out soon though so if that account doesnt work then check my namemc (pokebaby) for my new discord tag lol.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  2. Hello, I'm happy to hear that you have such a strong connection to these maps. So I don't know what exact maps you are describing, but if you would go to this link here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/map-database-hardcore.33073/ and click on the spoiler titled capture the flag. It will show you all of the active capture the flag maps that we have. Now I would be more than happy to get you in my MPS and start a CTF game so you could see some of the maps again, but we can only play on the maps that are currently active. My discord is harrison#9503, so whenever you are free, you can add me, and we can work out a time where we can both get in-game, and you can see those maps again!

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  3. omg my heart is so happy right now. i took a look at the maps and the ones i described (in order) were: gorge, oakvale, eastmire, warring jungles, and polished i believe. im actually so happy omg. so glad that none of these maps got removed!! ill message you on discord when i can. thank you so much!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2021
  4. That is great to hear!!! I am happy to of helped and hope you have a fantastic rest of your day :)

I will now be locking this thread, and again I am super happy to of helped!!

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Jun 10, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 14, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.