• 1667 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8938 Players Online
  • 7271 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Among Sheep

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Dec 29, 2020.

?

Should this game be added?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Changes needed

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. No

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. This game is similar to Among Us, but you are a sheep when you play. Even though you won’t look like it yourself, you will just look like a player with leather armor.
    • Maximum players: 12
    • Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Purple, Pink, Brown, White, Gray, and Black.
    • Chance of being imposter is 3/12
    Any thoughts?

Posted Dec 29, 2020
    MarirenaZ likes this.
  2. I mean, if there r 12 players, the chance of 1 of you being imposter would be 1/12. Also how many imposters?

Posted Dec 29, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  3. Hi!
    Truthfully, I've only played Among Us twice at the most, but I must say the idea of it being a game on Mineplex seems interesting. I'm not totally sure how it would work (I'm not the most creative person), but if others could somehow come up with a way to make it fun, and also unique to Mineplex, I would definitely be interested in playing something like this. I think you've got a great start to an idea, I'd love to hear of some more details! Overall, thank you for suggesting this:)

Posted Dec 29, 2020
    Orangey likes this.
  4. The 3/12 chance means there are three random imposters.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 29, 2020
    Orangey likes this.
  5. Oooh oki

Posted Dec 29, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  6. Hello OrangeyCob!

In my personal opinion, i can see your idea being a great addition to Mineplex as a new gamemode, it doesn't sound too complex, it could be interesting and quite entertaining and i surely can imagine it being implemented into the server. Though, I'm not quite sure if there is going to be an copyright issues, assuming there won't be any problems i would love to hear more information about it!

- Mari

Posted Dec 29, 2020
  7. I love among us, but I love among us in minecraft even more, I think it'd be a great addition, but personally the game is much more fun with 2 imposters and not 3, with 3 it's more unbalanced and I rarely see crewmates win when theres 3. Other than that fact, I think it would be a great game for mineplex.

Posted Dec 29, 2020
  8. This game would be so addicting. Let's do it!

Posted Dec 29, 2020
    • Excessive Bumping
    bump? idk if I'm allowed to bump stuff but bump

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  9. It’s actually the same as Among Us, but you are a sheep when you play.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2021
  10. I feel like copyright issues would get in the way if all that was changed was players became sheep.

A murder mystery type game would really suit Mineplex, and it can be introduced as one but bring in some Among Us elements like travel for the murderers around the map.

I do really love the fact that everyone is a sheep, though, that's really creative :D

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  11. I must admit, I fear that it might be a bit too late for a spin off of Among Us. Despite the potential popularity on release it may not be long before the hype begins to disappear.

With that being said, I somewhat agree with @maevestarbaby that it would need to be more original, although not for copyright reasons (because Among Us isn't an original idea). An idea I have would be to make the minigame a mixture of Minecraft Bingo and Among Us.

Players would spawn in a map with different rooms, like in Among Us, but each room will be home to a certain type of resource. The players would be tasked with crafting a certain amount of items instead of finishing tasks. A storyline could be developed so that the items make sense or they could just be random. The imposters would have to go around the map and kill all the players before they are able to craft everything on the list. The list could be shared, or per player.

This takes inspiration from Among Us, but gives it a Minecraft twist, which is something I haven't seen from Among Us inspired minigames.

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Infui likes this.
  12. Sounds neat but Among Us is dying fairly quickly. If it had different mechanics while still maintaining some among us characteristics, it could work.

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Infui and Ducksicle like this.
  13. I honestly think this is a pretty neat idea. My only concern is copyright issues like someone else mentioned above. Also, I would definitely prefer 1-2 imposters if the max players is 12. To everyone who was worried since among us is dying quite fast, we can always try doing this anyway. Worst case scenario, people don't play it much and it can be a limited time game on the server. In addition to that, maybe make it available in mps' if the game flops, and you can even make it something to buy for mps' in the immortal shop. I don't know, just some ideas. I still think it's a cool idea, and if it was changed so it has among us features but isn't literally the same despite players being sheeps, I think many players would enjoy this.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  14. its an alright idea but servers like Performium and Cubecraft have created among us type games like Among Slimes. Just feel that the among us trend in popular servers is becoming too overrated.

I dont think copyright will get in the way too much, idk if Innersloth is too strict about it.

As stated above, I feel that Among Us is dying quickly as well, it is a bit too late for this type of game.

Good idea, just a few flaws.

Posted Jan 29, 2021