• 1329 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3413 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Alternative SSM Tier List (The other one is flawed)

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Kuhn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. You say the ""official"" tier list is flawed, but it just uses a different parameter to evaluate the kits, that being its potential when theoretically mastered (realistic master in a human level, not TAS level) which is one of the more/most common ways to design a tier list. In the same vain I can say this tier list is flawed for evaluating by... The reward you get for theoretically mastering the kit divided by the skill and effort required do so? That's how I interpreted the list, anyways.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    matrixyst and Mitchy like this.
  2. Man, imagine thinking Spider isn't even an A+

nerd

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  3. Imagine requiring actual skill and experience to win a match. Cuz thats what spider is.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2019
  4. yea, spider has a ridiculous skill curve, but no other kit can just shut down every single other one in the game like spider can. per the parameters of your "tier list", i suppose that doesn't matter, but it's why spider is universally agreed to be the best kit in the game.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Crash likes this.
  5. The only thing about spider is new players really struggle with the kit. Well at the top tier it's the best in the game, newer players have an easier time with kits like blaze which don't require skill to use.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  6. Obviously not considering you win pubs with it :^)

jk jk lol, but in all seriousness Spider in pubs is just Wolf with extra steps, you can easily win by just double jumping towards people and clicking / needler. Spider still has one of the best base stats in the game, so you really cant say its going to require less skill to abuse than something like Witch

Lets be real here man, you made this thread to stoke your ego. I mean you put your main on the same level as IG and Squid, and described that tier as "Class kits that Take a lot of skill and effort to use effectively" and then ended the thread with "I am sick of hearing people contribute all my skill and experience to playing an "op" kit when the kit is not what is OP, I am."

You know as well as anyone that Spider has been a dominant top tier for as long as this game has been around, lets not beat around the bush here

Posted Nov 15, 2019

7. I disagree with the notion that spider can instantly shut down any kit in the game. Even as a top tier spider player, I still struggle with any halfway decent creeper and even complete noob skeleton horses can get a few stocks. before you make the excuse "Oh you're just bad" No. I'm not. Those kits are actually just that ridiculous. When I play creeper against their creeper I shut them completely down. If I wanted to win easily every single game I would be a creeper main, not a spider main. For reference to my skill here is a list of spider players better at spider than I am.

Deidara (Currently Net Banned)
    Whoneedspacee
    TheRayWay (Its actually very close we might be equal with spider.)

Other than these 3^^^^ I am the best spider player still on the server. It's not like I just don't know what I'm talking about.

If you were to play spider against another spider that is better than you, you will see that the kits skill curve is the only reason spider is good.
    --- Post updated ---

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 15, 2019
  8. Bruh you are claiming to be some sort of ssm god, yet you barley one stock my spider when I'm just average.

I do think you have a bit of a point though. Well spider is tricky to deal with, spider doesn't win some matchups as easily as the matchup chart claims.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  9. Not saying other kits arent also stupid, but lets not act like Spider isn't an incredibly good kit, even if you can't use it to an insane degree.

I've played my fair bit of Spider before. Spider does definitely have a large skill gap and a TON of room for expression, but lets not act like the kit doesn't have an incredibly high skill floor.

Again with this lol. I know who you are, and you know that. You are mentioning this solely to stoke your ego.

I've certainly done that.

If you were to drop your ego, you would be willing to admit that even though Spider has a huge skill gap, it's still definitely easier to stomp with than kits like Witch, Squid, and IG

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    matrixyst and Sam ♡ like this.
  10. The current tier lists are all flawed. The only kit which should be at the top of Super Smash Mobs is Dark Pit. This was surprising given the nerfs to Pit and the existence of other character tiers. Why did they try to classify the kit like that? Also why are the tier lists so clearly mistaken? I always put the pros ahead of the cons, but the list of pros does not exceed the list of cons.

What about generic characters? Are there too many generic characters? Absolutely not. Ganondorf and Lucina are genually strong, and I can point to many such characters. Is Melee too hard? No. If I wanted the game to be harder, I wouldn't play Melee. I would play Melee because I like the game.

I think the current level of gameplay in Melee, especially online, is pretty good. I personally think that I could have pulled off a series of high

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Crash and Eroil like this.
  11. lol, I'm just happy my main (squid) placed A. I dunno if I even have enough experience practicing other kits to rank them properly, but I don't rly get slime being placed in A+, That stuffs hard man. I could never get it.

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  12. I have 970 wins in SSM so my opinion probably doesn’t count for much, imagine being below 1000 wins, I’ve always thought skeleton horse was the least skill based class in the game. Bone rush is so annoying to counter and bone kicks knockback and width is unreal. Spider and Slime are probably the most skill based classes by a lot. I used to main Skeleton in 2015 before I got back into mineplex mid 2019 and started using Sheep a lot, but since sheep’s smash crystal and wooly rocket were broken, and it already had lots of flaws I’ve started using creeper a lot.

Posted Nov 22, 2019