• 366 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2450 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Alternative SSM Tier List (The other one is flawed)

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Kuhn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. I have a problem with the current SSM Tier list:

The Current SSM Tier List does not take into account Player skill levels and does not justify why kits are placed where they are. This makes for huge balancing mistakes. My Tier list will take into account actual skill with the kits being played. Oh and I only have about 9000+ wins In the game plus 6 years of experience. I will define each category before grouping.

S+: S+ Class Kits take little to no skill or experience to use yet have a very high win/success rate. These kits are usually spammy and can deliver lethal blows with no effort, planning, or preparation.

S:
    S Class kits take a small amount of skill and have a win/success rate higher than the effort put into the kit.

A+: These kits don't quite fit into A and aren't skilless enough for S.

A:
    A Class kits take a lot of skill and effort and have a win/success rate perfectly in line with the amount of effort and experience put into it. People who play these kits are usually mistaken for playing OP kits when in actuality the player is typically just a good player so the kit reflects it.

B:
    B Class kits Take a lot of skill and effort to use effectively and the win/success rate is usually a little less than the amount of effort put into winning.

C:
    C Class kits take the most effort and skill to use and offer little to no reward. They're easily countered. Some people can play C class kits very efficiently but the amount of skill and experience it takes to run a C Class kit is too high for a novice player.

And Now, The Kits in their respective categories

S+: Skeleton Horse
    S: Creeper, Guardian,
    A+: Slime, Witch, Cow, Wolf, Pig
    A: Enderman, Spider, Iron Golem, Squid, Skeleton, Zombie
    B: Sheep, Snow Golem, Villager, Wither Skeleton, Blaze, Magma Cube
    C: Chicken

Of Course, This begs the question "Then why do all the good players 'Abuse' Your A Tier Kits?" The answer is simple. S+ doesn't take any skill which means putting skill into the kit doesn't yield as much of a reward. The power of what you can do with a high skill ceiling outweighs the simpleness of the high tier kits. Which is why the best players play the kits that have an equal reward as to the amount of effort put in.

That's all I got for you. Take it or leave it I don't care. But I am sick of hearing people contribute all my skill and experience to playing an "op" kit when the kit is not what is OP, I am.

Edit:
    Deleted second Sheep
    Added A+ Tier
    Changed "That'd" to "That's"

Posted Oct 14, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 15, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  2. Hi There Juhn,

As a very active player of SSM(3+ years and 2k+ wins) I completely agree with what you are saying. Almost every game I am in, and I win someone has something to say about how its just the kit, even if I switch to a different one and I still win, I will be given an excuse of why I won. I think your plan is great!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  3. Hello!

I like your idea, it's clear and concise, and it's easy to understand the kit's placements. However, in my opinion, no tier list will ever be accurate, due to data we simply just don't have. We can't take into account matchups, I've seen some very good Wither Skeletons, I certainly wouldn't place the kit into B tier. Mid A tier at the very least. Now the only way we could get the most accurate tier lists is through competitions where we can see what does well against what. Not everything will turn out like it is on paper.

P.S I'm very sorry people are telling you're being carried by an "OP" kit. Your right it is not the kit, but the person who plays it.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  4. You shouldn’t be taking into account what a player can and cannot do with a kit in balancing, so player skill does not define how good a kit is. The kit itself defines how good it is. This is how the current tier list is; your tier list is ranking how easy a kit is used compared to its reward, which is perfectly valid, but has a different purpose than what the current tier list is, which is to see how good the kits are at their maximum potential.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Crash, Mitchy, rqil and 2 others like this.
  5. idk man I think wolf and creeper take less skill than skeletal horse. I screw around on trackpad from time to time and my win rate with creeper is still around 50%... on a trackpad...without a right strafe key.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  6. Skeletal horse isn't very easy to use. I could use wolf even though I never use wolf and 4 stock some randoms on the first go but it would take me some time to figure out skeletal horse. In fact it's proabaly my worst kit. The people that are effective with horse are people who have put in time and effort. The same can't be said about wolf or blaze

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  7. I had my friend who has never even played minecraft try to play as horse and he won. so yeah its S+
    --- Post updated ---
    The way the officials have it layed out causes unjustified hate towards certain kits. Also if we are only judging based off of potential and not even considering skill then chicken would be S+ lmao. See SirInHuman's tournament: Remkun played as chicken against Whoneedspacee and won. Incase u didnt know Whoneedspacee is the best spider player on the server (Or at least was at the time) and Remkun wasnt even the best chicken player. You cannot base a tier list only off of what a kit might be capable of. You have to consider the difficulty of playing a kit at its peak performance.
    --- Post updated ---
    My list does not compare matchups. just Individual kits. Sure there are some very good wither skeleton players but the amount of skill it would take for a wither player to beat a good spider is more than the amount it would take the spider which is why its placed where it is. My list doesn't care about the number of good players with a certain kit. Of course, this is also still my opinion of where the kit should be placed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019
  8. If you can't beat your friend who has never played minecraft, regardless of the kit they are using, that's on you, not the strength of the kit

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  9. In my opinion skeleton horse takes more skill than creeper just because it is a little harder to hit someone with the kick ability than it is with a bomb. As well as the fact that lightning shield is super helpful in pvp.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  10. Kuhn my friend, it's Disasterpeice!

How dare you put wolf and creeper in S class! Only kidding, I do strongly agree with this list. The skills with S class and S+ is when you're fighting someone of the same kit, and it depends on who is better skilled at the kit. As for fighting other kits with S and S+ ranked, it depends on how good the other person is playing another ranked kit - it's just easier to master the S kits, hence the reason people think they are OP. Personally, I do alternate between kits but I'm guilty to say I would play creeper or wolf against a fellow tryhard!

I like this post, it's innovative and informative to how you'd view the rankings of the kit. I hope to see you around in lobbies!

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  11. Lol I wasnt in the game, obviously. He played on my computer in a random pub lobby.
    --- Post updated ---
    To be honest, if I had included an A+ I would have put Wolf there. Creepers an S though for sure. And of course tier lists don't apply to Mimic style fights. (Mimic style fights are fights where people are using the same kit) Love you bro xD.
    --- Post updated ---
    I disagree, Skelton horse bone rush is too brainless to require any skill and you can win an entire match by running and bone rushing. The only skill I consider creeper to have is Slight aim with the sulfur bomb and melee whereas, with horse, you don't have to aim or melee unless you're fighting someone like me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2019
  12. Anyone who says Horse takes skill is... Probably a creeper main brain. I literally equip horse and get an instant win over skeletons.
    However, you forgot to take into account how brokenly overpowered slime is, please fix and make it S+

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  13. I agree slime is Overpowered but I dont think its brainless so its A. Again if I had included A+ Slime would be in that

OP OP
  14. I must just be really bad at horse, that's why I don't main it lol

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  15. Well I mean you only have 234 wins and you're talking to people with thousands of wins so... theres that

OP OP
    Swampie_ likes this.
  16. Hey,

Just to put it out there, I am not a player who can be consider to belong to the SSM community. However, I sometimes enjoy playing with a good friend (BoxingWithBoxes, a well-known experienced player in the game) and oh man, how many times have we discussed this topic.

Both BoxingWithBoxes and I agree that Creeper and Blaze should be nerfed. These kits seemed to be broken considering that they need no or just the tiniest amount of skill for them to be mad efficient.

What's so good/wrong with them?
    Blaze - Blaze's firefly has to have a longer cool down. The current cool down is so short you can win the game by just running around and spamming firefly and inferno, which is something a player with some experience will abuse.

Creeper - Creeper's lightning shield is already too much when it comes to abilities. When fighting a creeper with melee attacks, beware of anyone hitting it with an ability because the lightning shield will send you flying away as well as making some damage. Creeper is already somehow OP with the lightning shield, but this is not all. Sulphur bomb deals a lot of damage and can be spammed as well as it being long range. Just as blaze's firefly, Creeper also has a broken ability, Explode. This ability has the shortest cool down ever and is a tremendous deal when someone knows how to control the Creeper kit.

Anyways, this is just some things I've seen while playing the game but at the end, it's always just an opinion, just like this thread. Every player is different so expect a variation of different answers to your forum posts.

Hope this helped a bit,
    Flame

Posted Oct 15, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 15, 2019
  17. I really don't think blaze is all that good, spammy and annoying? sure. But op? I don't think so. You're half right (In my opinion) about creeper. I don't think explode is a problem. Sulfur bomb and lightning shield are though. Explode is brainless, Lightning shield is passive, and sulfur bomb is so powerful it almost doesnt matter if you only land half the time which is why creeper is placed in S class.

OP OP
  18. My main acc has 3500...

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  19. You have an alt for the website too? why even

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 16, 2019
  20. Cuz warning points are given out like candy on here

Posted Oct 16, 2019